Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Toon Studio Train

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Anyway, My Personal Imagineering® team has imagined a future ride for Toon Studios: an E-ticket ride featuring EMV-Benny the Cap cars, a wild ride through crazy Toon Town full of famous Characters and ending to song "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!"
    I think you'll find that they already have something almost identical to this in DL and TDL. Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin (a variation on Mr Toad's Wild Ride)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I think 'Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Studio Spin' would be good lol, a madcap dark ride tour in a toon golf buggy around the toon studio. Heck, Anyone's Car-Toon Studio Spin, Roger Rabbit doesn't matter too much for the concept I don't think

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
    Interesting theory (or fact I don't know). But still, the character and world of Roger Rabbit fits the Toon Studio theme much more (in fact, perfectly) than the Pixar friends (are they even considered toons?)

Anyway, that doesn't mean that I'm complaining about our current Toon Studio, it looks great and adds much needed atmosphere to WDS.
    I agree whole-heartedly with the above sentiments.

Roger, Jessica, Baby Herman, Benny the Cab and the Weasels all fit perfectly into the feel of the Studios. The film is set in Hollywood in the mid-forties for goodness sake! How well does that fit with the attempted atmosphere of the park - especially Studio One (which I actually like as it is) and Toon Studios. Also areas such as the restaurant could include subtle references to the movie. I'm sure Disney would rather bite the bullet and bring these 'shared' characters back than see them disappear into obscurity. With so many characters making come-backs these days both on TV, in movies and on merchandise, Roger is surely ripe for a renaissance.

Sorry about my rants but I feel strangely passionate about this particular topic.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly with the above sentiments.

Roger, Jessica, Baby Herman, Benny the Cab and the Weasels all fit perfectly into the feel of the Studios. The film is set in Hollywood in the mid-forties for goodness sake! How well does that fit with the attempted atmosphere of the park - especially Studio One (which I actually like as it is) and Toon Studios. Also areas such as the restaurant could include subtle references to the movie. I'm sure Disney would rather bite the bullet and bring these 'shared' characters back than see them disappear into obscurity. With so many characters making come-backs these days both on TV, in movies and on merchandise, Roger is surely ripe for a renaissance.

Sorry about my rants but I feel strangely passionate about this particular topic.
    I second all of that. While our previous Duckburg discussion was (let's face it) largely hypothetical and unlikely, this WDS-Roger Rabbit thing seems ridiculously perfect. Sort of like that scene in Will & Grace where Will holds up a banana and Grace holds up a doughnut while they contemplate how on earth to conceive a baby (hey, if you've seen the episode, this will seem less out there, haha).

If they're looking for inspiration for the Studios, this film is it. In fact, just get Robert Zemeckis on board.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Just out of interest how much more space has Toon Studios as a land have left for expansion.As memory serves me right is it not kind of shoehorned into the space between the costume building and the backstage areas.As It would be nice to see more rides like Crush and Cars get built in that area of the park!
    There's a fair sized piece of land available for expansion behind the Art of Disney Animation building. The little street that now connects Toon Studio with the tram station runs by it. If they'll ever build something here, the animation building will be entirely surrounded, with the Hollywood set on the other side and all. Of course, if they reroute the tram tour (which is very likely), a much larger piece of land can become available.

About the Roger Rabbit / Toon Studio thing... Did you guys know the plans for a Roger Rabbit toon studio expansion for our WDS actually were drawn up? And to make it even more beautiful, the area was supposed to have the toon tower of terror, with Droopy operating the falling elevator and all. Sounds exciting to say the least!

• Pirate - G'har!

haha, now that I wouldn't mind seeing

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
    About the Roger Rabbit / Toon Studio thing... Did you guys know the plans for a Roger Rabbit toon studio expansion for our WDS actually were drawn up? And to make it even more beautiful, the area was supposed to have the toon tower of terror, with Droopy operating the falling elevator and all. Sounds exciting to say the least!
    Yep, the original plans did have these ideas, but personally I prefer seeing the more traditional tower, I think the Toon Tower would have looked stupid and a lot of the stupid guests would try to take small kids on it thinking it's toons, it's ok. Just look at the number of crying kids coming off of Crush now!!!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Pirate - G'har!

I thought it meant as like a kid version of the existing tower

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I thought it meant as like a kid version of the existing tower
    Nope, it was designed to be the same scale
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Senior Minion

The use of the actual Droopy character surely would be highly unlikely. I love the idea but all MGM characters are now (I think) owned by Warners. I know he appears in all of the subsequent RR shorts, but if Disney are worried about using Roger, who is half theirs, then Droopy seems out of the question. I LOVE the idea though!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I love the idea of a mini, kid version to compliment the tower not a full scale one

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I love the idea of a mini, kid version to compliment the tower not a full scale one
    I can't really see the appeal of a kiddie version of this kind of ride. The whole point of it seems to be sudden drops at the speed of gravity. Anything less would be... strange.

So I think we are all agreed that the Studios cries out for Roger Rabbit and friends. Does anyone know whether the RR characters still frequent the other parks around the world? (say, where the park has the RR Spin ride)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I've certainly seen some merchandise so there's gotta be some kind of possibility there

• Senior Minion

I find this news very encouraging. My last visit, I only spotted one RR Tshirt the whole time there. I will start saving my pennies now.

Amusing true story - when I got my first car (a real old banger!), I had a Roger Rabbit with suction cups on his hands and feet (ala Garfield) in the back window. One night it was broken into - they left the car and stole the rabbit! I was devastated!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Now that's one of the best stories I've heard in ages! Obviously the rabbit has appeal to Disney park fans and burgalars, it's only a matter of time til he gets an attraction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast