Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Kingdom of Hearts fan

Talking Should I go to Disneyland Paris or Tokyo?

My family is thinking about taking a trip to one of the these. Which one is better?
    [IMG]http://icons.*************/514/ICONATOR_de7b290a0c3915e35a16a8ab5d4e544a.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/259/ICONATOR_194a1c883986349aff9674f0d9077ab0.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/575/ICONATOR_039130bc0c3b3841b10db725f80eca1c.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/795/ICONATOR_41e34e05bf839bc35ba4ce99e26f9f8d.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/396/ICONATOR_ab0971c5efb9741b3ff7557eacfc150b.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/840/ICONATOR_ac22b322dcb5a576334139d209835131.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://icons.*************/112/ICONATOR_8c22cacc69f7bd6eb3437941c2fb1f18.gif[/IMG]

Re: Should I go to Disneyland Paris or Tokyo?

Well tokyo has the better second gate (park) by miles with TDS while Paris currently has the worst Disney Park in the world for their second gate.

I would say go with Tokyo. Paris has one of the best Magic Kingdom Parks so thats something to consider but Tokyo has a good Magic Kingdom and one of the best themed parks with DisneySea. The park blew me away when I visited earlier this year.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

While visiting Disneyland Paris, you could take a train into Paris. PARIS!

Plus, I love the dragon under the castle.

• Pirate - G'har!

Well it depends, would you rather have a superior and original first or second gate hehe?

• Banned User

Tough to answer.... DLP has it's attributes, like having the prettiest DL of them all, but the Studios park is bland and needs work. Also, Paris city itself is one of those must see cities on Earth, like Hong Kong is...which is the reason I would advise anyone to stop by HKDL if you go there to see the city first and foremost.

However... while Tokyo city itself is very impressive and moderm..and quite an experience all it's own, it would be best to go to Japan to see what lies beyond the city limits...

But in regards to Disney parks... the two finest Disney parks are found in Japan. TDL for example is a combination of the best aspects from both WDW and DL parks, with some very unique qualities of it's own. TDSea.. well.. what can I say? No finer park has ever been built by any company on Earth and this park to me is the pinnacle of Disney's themed experiences. TDS along merits going to Japan.

So frankly, I would advise you to do both DLP and TDR, but keep in mind... there is so so so so much more to do at Tokyo Disney Resort than there is to do at DLP, and they do it with a higher quality and budget, so you will get a more lavish Disney experience than that found at ANY of the other Disney resort on Earth, and cheaper than Paris's current prices (due to better exchange rates of the yen versus the Euro against the US$). But go to Paris for the city first, then DLP as a side 1 or 2-day trip.

The decision is your ultimately.

• Pirate - G'har!

I think DisneySea looks a bit bland/'grey'...but then I've never been (don't get me wrong, it's better than WDS!!). I think the Tokyo city experience is very different to the Paris experience, that is down to preference. When are you going? That could vitally effect the quality of WDS when you're there y'see (yes, yes, it still probably won't beat DisneySea)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I think DisneySea looks a bit bland/'grey'...but then I've never been...
    Yes, I think you better go before offering an opinion that is so far out and silly. Many so-called Disney fans are shocked to find a park that exceeds their expectations in so many ways... and I think you too will be if you go there.

• Pirate - G'har!

Hey, I said 'I think DisneySea looks a bit bland/grey' not 'DisneySea is bland/grey'. I made it clear that my opinion was based on everything I have seen of DisneySea, it is my opinion, just because you don't agree does not qualify you to be rude and insult it. The park may be fantastic, it may be bland/grey, this is my perception of what I've seen. And being a Disney fan doesn't mean you have to like everything Disney. Hey, look at any Lutz article

• Santa Barbara, CA

I say stay at home and use the money to redo the driveway.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Pirate - G'har!

lol

• Minion

Hey, I said 'I think DisneySea looks a bit bland/grey' not 'DisneySea is bland/grey'. I made it clear that my opinion was based on everything I have seen of DisneySea, it is my opinion, just because you don't agree does not qualify you to be rude and insult it. The park may be fantastic, it may be bland/grey, this is my perception of what I've seen. And being a Disney fan doesn't mean you have to like everything Disney. Hey, look at any Lutz article
    Well, I have never been to TDS, but from what I can tell it is everything a Disney park should be. Immersive environments, beautiful scenery, world class rides with great atmosphere, most of the attractions are things a family can do and enjoy together, and engaging storylines for attractions are elements that all Disney parks should have and TDS has them in spades.

• Stop That!

If you are going on your trip primarily to experience a foreign Disney park, I would definitely recommend Tokyo over Paris.

While Tokyo Disneyland itself will be largely familiar (many of the rides have been recreated with only minor changes), TDLFAN is right when he says Tokyo DisneySea will forever alter how you view the theme park experience. TDS all by itself would make the trip worth it.

Also there's Pooh's Hunny Hunt. That will forever alter the way you view dark rides.

And besides having more to do at Tokyo Disney, many of the "minor" differences really accentuate the parks' exoticness and make for a much more fulfilling trip. Like the "World Bazaar" Main Street, the oversized monorail, 2-hour lines for a booth called "Frontier Woodcraft," the fact no one speaks English...

Paris Disneyland is very beautiful and has some amazingly different versions of the Disney classics (Pirates, Mansion, Space Mtn, etc), but on the whole I didn't find it as satisfying a Disney experience as Tokyo. I'd recommend waiting until they built up the Disney Studios park before heading out to France for just Disney...

You should add a poll...

• Banned User

Hey, I said 'I think DisneySea looks a bit bland/grey' not 'DisneySea is bland/grey'. I made it clear that my opinion was based on everything I have seen of DisneySea, it is my opinion, just because you don't agree does not qualify you to be rude and insult it.
    Just like you not having been to TDS does not qualify you to offer an opinion on it.

The park may be fantastic, it may be bland/grey, this is my perception of what I've seen.
    Sorry, I don't have much respect for "perceptions". I offer an opinion only after I experience things on my own. Otherwise, I keep quite so I don't come across as unknowledgeable.

And being a Disney fan doesn't mean you have to like everything Disney. Hey, look at any Lutz article
    I do not like everything Disney. Go read some of my other posts in the WDW section and see for yourself. And I will also criticize all other parks, including TDR, when criticism is due. But ONLY after having experienced them in the flesh and with knowledge.

If you feel I was rude by commenting on your comment as silly, well that's too bad. I still feel your opinion based on "what you have seen" does not cut it with me (or possibly any other person who has been to TDS).

• Pirate - G'har!

This is a perception from all the materials I have seen. I have already said I haven't been thus don't know what it's really like nor would I object to going or not want to. It is just what I have seen, I think you're just taking it personally because you love DisneySea, fair enough but there's no need to rule my opinion out. It's not an opinion on DisneySea, it's an opinion on the materials relating to DisneySea that I've seen. I think you're taking this way too personally/seriously

(sorry Swimmergrl)

• Banned User

Even if I hated TDS, I would still think your opinion is silly, because it's based on 'perceptions', which are opinions that really don't matter. The original poster is looking for solid information about TDR. You are not helping anyone by posting about perceptions rather than solid and experienced fact-based opinions. That is why I am commenting on it. But I am not going to pursue this anymore.. as I already explained my point of view and as much as I understand where you are coming from, I still disagree.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast