Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Some Questions...

Well, since I have never been to Paris and have only been to Europe in May about 20yrs ago (and I was very young then), I have a few questions.

What are the general temps in the parks during the colder months?
    Do the parks close if the temperatures are very low?
    Are the shows in english or french?

Thanks for the info!

• Hitchhiker

Re: Some Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    What are the general temps in the parks during the colder months?
    Do the parks close if the temperatures are very low?
    Are the shows in english or french?
    Colder months are December-February and temps can drop down to -2 C (28F) but usually it is between +5 - +8 C (41-46F). Parks will be open even coldest days. Rain can make it worse.

Most shows are mixed English and French. Honey I shrunk the audience uses headphones (main show is in French). The Legend of Lion King has separate English and French shows. If a cast member does the narration, it is usually French-Frenchinglish (something hard to follow). Molly Brown is entirely French. Cinemagique is exemplary mixed language show.

• Membre

Yes don't worry about very cold months at DLRP, they even sell warm vegetable soups in the parks , and DLP under the snow is gorgeous.
    As Zarniwoop said, rain can be bad...

• Senior Minion

Answers to your questions-
    Freezing
    No
    Both
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

I'm also planning a trip to Disneyland Paris within the next few months and have a few questions as well.

1) Has the reservation system changed at all? What is the easiest way to book a reservation for a Disney hotel now? Any tips would be extremely helpful, as it's been a while since I visited.

2) When is Tower of Terror suppsosed to open? I want to plan my trip to be after its opening.

3) Is Decemeber a better month to visit, or March/April?

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to return to the most beautiful Magic Kingdom of all! Oh, and Walt Disney Studios Paris too I guess.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

[quote=TDR_Fan;1998009]I'm also planning a trip to Disneyland Paris within the next few months and have a few questions as well.

1) Has the reservation system changed at all? What is the easiest way to book a reservation for a Disney hotel now? Any tips would be extremely helpful, as it's been a while since I visited.

2) When is Tower of Terror suppsosed to open? I want to plan my trip to be after its opening.

3) Is Decemeber a better month to visit, or March/April?
    [quote]

Hmmmm:

1. If you want to buy a package, then disneylandparis.com is the best way to go. If you are going for more than 3 days, then I recommend you buy an AP and stay at the Holiday Inn or book a Disney Hotel through expedia as a room only.

2. ToT will officially open in January 2008. There may be soft openings in DEC, but no guarentee.

3. December is colder and busier, but the tree lighting ceremony and carolers make it delightful.

March/April traditionally has better weather, but we have been at this time and it has been snow, another time 70 degrees and sun. ToT will be open then, and Stitch may be open by then too.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of staying at the Disneyland Hotel again. Is there a way to request a park view when booking the room?

• Minion

One more thing. We experienced some rudeness and hostility the last time we went due to the fact that we don't speak or understand French. Any advice for this? Oh, and against pickpockets at the resort? Didn't see any myself personally, but I've heard numerous reports of thieves in the park.

Oh well, I'm still going no matter what. I've been looking at some incredibly beautiful shots of Disneyland Paris, and I'm dying to go back!

• Pirate - G'har!

I'm guessing they'll be a separate price so probably. Everyone will want to be your friend after you've said that...lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I'm guessing they'll be a separate price so probably. Everyone will want to be your friend after you've said that...lol
    I haven't been back to Disneyland Paris in a while, so I want to get the best experience possible.

• Pirate - G'har!

I'm preeety sure a park view room is the best experience possible . Have you been to the studios or is it longer ago than them?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of staying at the Disneyland Hotel again. Is there a way to request a park view when booking the room?
    The DLH has very few rooms available with park views - mainly the Roy and Walt Disney suites - at about $3000 per night. There are a few Castle Club rooms with views, but again not many. If this is what you want to do, then I would give them a call. Sadly I feel the DLH is a total rip off compared to the Hotel New York and especially compared to the US deluxe hotels. But that's just me.

One more thing. We experienced some rudeness and hostility the last time we went due to the fact that we don't speak or understand French. Any advice for this? Oh, and against pickpockets at the resort? Didn't see any myself personally, but I've heard numerous reports of thieves in the park.
    Well, that is always a risk, but starting everying thing with "Parler vous Anglais" seems to help my wife get by. I am afraid I cannot help with this as I speak French, German, and Spanish, so I have always had excellent service by trying to speak to people in their mother tongue.

As for pick pocketing, there are problems at DLP with pick pockets and room thefts. So far (touch wood), we have not had a personal issue with this, but I do know people that have. Be sensible, put stuff in your safe. Carry a little cash and one card. Use a security belt under your clothes.

But there have also been pick pocket rings in California over the years at DL, and all over the globe in tourist destinations. Just use your smarts.

• Pirate - G'har!

I didn't find the language barrier difficult at all and didn't feel hostility :S, The cast members, I think, have improved hugely over the last few years, rudeness much improved as is bi(or tri or whatever)-linguality, far better than it used to be. As for the pickpockets I haven't heard such rumours but I'm always cautious in a crowded place anyway.

I haven't been back to Disneyland Paris in a while, so I want to get the best experience possible.
    Then stay at the Hotel New York!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast