Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Parc La Monde - *Featuring Map*

Here's an equation for you. Disney park geek + (idea x love of design) = Parc La Monde. Yeah, yeah, this is the ultimate act of Disney park armchair imagineering geekiness but what the hey, I enjoyed doing it lol. Below is the map and a tour around the place. (forgive the low quality). (apologies for the inconvenience if you wanna look at the map and read at the same time, you should be able to open the image in a separate window if you want to)

Parc La Monde is kind of a cross between Epcot and Animal Kingdom as I'm sure you won't fail to notice, a coming together of many existing concepts and some new ideas to create something (hopefully) unique. The theme is, well, the world (or 'La Monde' in French hehe) and your journey around it spanning many continents and countries. You start out on 'La Monde Blvd.' (temporary name of course), a semi-abstract/futiristic path with mainly clean-cut trees on either side and guest services on the right, the main focal point of which is straight down, the globe, a cross between Spaceship Earth and the Tokyo DisneySea...thing. In gold and bronze and such colours it's huge and as well as being the icon for the park (working well with the earffel tower and castle I think) it also serves as the entrance for 'Soarin' Over the World', the park's feature attraction. From the plaza in front of the globe you can go either left or right for your journey around the world, we're gonna go left.

You immediately find yourself in Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America in the colourful and humid streets. No attractions here but plenty of shops and restaurants themed to the area.

The street road starts to break apart and gives way to a bumpy jungle path leading to Mexico. The aztec temple is home of 'El Rio Del Templo', a restaurant and boat ride through the lavish and colourful world of Mexico and the dangerous world of the Aztecs (an updated version of the original concept for the Epcot attraction) and the area also features a shop and restaurant as well as a lake in the centre of the area.

You pass through Mexico into California and the beautiful forest areas (think Golden state at DCA) featuring Grizzly River Run, a fun and wild rapids attraction (possible designed cleverly to allow for cover on wet days whether by a moveable or permanent system). Also featured is the Redwook Creek Challenge Trail,Golden Winery and an all new Country Bears show! as well as the usual restaurant/shop assortment.

Heading further north we arrive in Canada, an amalgam of many country areas, including a recreation of the horseshoe falls (much smaller of course!) which you can explore behind and the Vancouver area further up and the O Canada Circlevision Theatre, again updated.

The smallest land of the park is Greenland and a vast frozen lake featuring a crashed and stranded icebreaker and a couple of shops.

Next, Norway. As well as the Viking adventure playground, an all new and updated version of 'Maelstrom' is featured, hello updated effects! There are many restaurants and shops in Norway.

Ah, Venice. This is a version of the one featured in Tokyo DisneySea with gondola rides to Japan and various shops/eateries.

Traditional Japan is next around a circular lake which the Venice water leads to. The featured attraction here is a spectacle based on the history and culture of Japan designed as a total 'wow' experience. Yeah, yeah, shops and food.

We take the path on the right (when looking at the map) of the big mountain to arrive in a small India area featuring the Maharajah Jungle Trail and a shop and restaurant.

This small area leads to a horizontal path in front of...Expedition Everest and the last Asia area. This area will be very similar to the Animal Kingdom counterpart but perhaps with a redesign on EE? Well, probably not but oh well, I don't think it'd need it.

Going straight down from India leads to Afria, which has two lands. The first is South Africa featuring 'Kilimanjaro Safari' and 'Africa: 4D' a 3D show about Africa featuring in-theatre effects and possibly moving seats. Also here is 'Rafiki's Planet Watch', a culmination of the best elements from the Animal Kingdom area.

Finally, Egypt with a Sphynx recreation containing a restaurant and one of the park's major attractions, 'The Lost Tomb', a journey through an ancient Egyptian tomb. The vehicles would be essentially themed boxes on moving arms with cleverly hidden track to give the impression you're 'flying' through the dangers, traps and supernatural perils of the tomb. Also here is 'Explorers' Camp', an interactive exploration zone for kids with a couple of fun transportation devices such as cranes and pullies for getting around the site. Essentially this is a giant immaculately themed adventure zone/play area, I guess like Pirate's Lair but Egyptian.

One thing, I hope, is established. It's a scenery park with some very main attractions and beautiful surroundings. A nighttime show on the lake would also be a possibility! Obviously there'd be all sorts of entertainment about and more attractions that I didn't have enough imagination to think up. It's just a bit of fun after all! Hope you've enjoyed looking/reading
    Last edited by fizzog; 07-29-2007 at 12:54 AM.

• Senior Minion

Re: Parc La Monde - *Featuring Map*

Well done Fizzy! Well thought out.

It reminds me of Port Aventura although I don't think that works to well on the theming level due to all of the 'lands' looking pretty similar. You have gone more for the EPCOT feel and I like it!

I would prefer a few more 'thrills and spills' but that's just me. There also doesn't seem to be too much for the kiddies.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Uh.........*vanishes in a puff of smoke*. Like I said, I'm sure there's a fair few kid attractions that could be slotted in that I didn't like in Egypt an explorer's camp with some kids stuff. I guess there's not an incredible amountof kids stuff at Epcot :-S (not that it really matters since it's my imagination...lol). It was tempting to put a dragon-themed coaster or sometihng in a China section but it would be below Disney to just stick a roller coaster track in a scenic land with no reasoning for the track being there.

(I quite like Port Aventura though the linear path frustrates me)

• Senior Minion

True, EPCOT has not really got any big attractions aimed at the kids but (and you can do the same here!), they do arrange activities and have the passport stamping thing. National 'streetmosphere' would also add to it. Also character presence would be enough to keep the little 'uns happy - Mickey and friends in national dress and country-related characters (Mulan in China etc) perhaps?

Yes, I was irritated by having to walk the full circuit of PA. And there were very few quality rides for kids there although the characters were in abundance and they didn't seem to create quite as much of a scrum as they do in Disney ("Woody who, mummy?!"). Enjoyed the Sammy the Dolphin simulator thing though!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I thought the rides were good and the theming was great but the sum of it's parts just didn't work quite right. Templo Del Fuego I thought was a real gem but certainly not for the kiddies (it kicked Armageddon's disaster-movie behind).

• Senior Minion

We didn't bother with that one due our young son but anyway! This is about your idea not some non-Disney thing! Let's get back on topic!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Sorry, I shouldn't really be sending my own thread off-topic should I? Hmm, oh well. I'll probably make some adjustments to the map and include some kids stuff. I can add an Explorer's camp in egypt but what else? Help me out people? Or person as it currently stands...lol

• Senior Minion

Of course you can also add shows to appeal to the ankle-biters. I was impressed with the Chinese magic show at PA (I'm staying on topic!) and how about some sort of AA show like The Country Bears in California or Canada?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Of course! *crazy old miner accent* This is gold I tell ya, gold! Heehee! *end accent*. I shall update immediately/tomorrow.

• Banned User

Fizzy you magnificent bas...genius!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I would love to visit a park like that

• Senior Minion

**Five*Stars** Excellet now this is the type of armchair imagineering we need, if i may ask how did you make this i have always wanted to take my drawings and do what you've done i love it!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Pirate - G'har!

I actually did it on Flash (so I have no excuses for not having a fancy zoom-in map and things!).

• Pirate - G'har!

I've added a couple more things for the kidlets now to the main text but I'll put em here so you don't have to find them.

1. Explorer's Camp - A massive Egyptian adventure zone for kids with some fun rides based around cranes and possibly mine carts and such.

2. Country Bears - An all new Country Bears show in California.

3. Rafiki's Planet Watch - In South Africa, this is basically a culmination of the best elements from the DAK land

• Geoff London

Would like to see Europe and Australia and even the Artic or Antartic added but basically it's a great idea. I know people keep on about rides for kids but Walt was also about edu-tainment. Getting the little ones to use their brains (in an enjoyable way) ain't a bad thing.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast