Promising Financial Results

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/...ty-and-beyond/

“Hot Dog!, Mickey must be exclaiming. The financial results for the Third Quarter 2007 are good, aren’t they? No - they’re really good. For a resort which last year published a revenue increase of 4.5% to now be on track for an 11% increase in 2007 is something of a dream for Euro Disney SCA. So, what’s going on? And what could this boost in business mean for the future of Disneyland Resort Paris?

Revenues up 12%, attendance up 9%, hotel occupancy up 4.7 percentage points…

Finally GOOD news in the financial department!

• Rock The World

Re: Promising Financial Results

This is fantastic news! The 15th Anniversary is obviously a tremendous success. As for the future, let's hope these results are the key to unlocking further investment for the construction of new attractions and (almsot as important) the expansion/refurbishment of the Disney Village.

• Pirate - G'har!

Wuu!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'll be more happy if the company can keep this kind of growth going after the 15th Anniversary and the buzz around Tower of Terror wears off.The increases to attendance and merchadise etc were expected,so I'm not jumping up and down just yet,only hope there can keep it up and keep it going!

• Pirate - G'har!

Well after the 50th at DL the guests never really died down. Not that I'm comparing the significance or popularity of the two but y'know what I mean

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Well after the 50th at DL the guests never really died down. Not that I'm comparing the significance or popularity of the two but y'know what I mean
    But that all was due to Jay Rasulo's sheer genius Year of a Million Dreams promotion

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think it has nothing to do with the year of a million dreams.

• Senior Minion

I heard different. Skuttlebut is that DL is pretty quiet this summer in comparison to normal (see thread regarding surprisingly short queues for the new Nemo Subs over at DL forum)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

my opinions are :

to maintain Disneyland Paris with a great results would be offering new stuff every seasons like Tokyo Disneyland .

I know that Disneyland Paris has less budget than Tokyo but by offering new shows and not especially rides is nice .

Packages are nice and Disneyland Paris wants to attrack a lot more EUROPEAN guest no just like french .

if you are a frequent disneyland paris visitor you can see than the ride and show quality are very good and more maintain than it used to be . ( TDL Fan you are concerned as an American Opinion ) .

I'm sure that Disneyland Paris management is focused on the Studios like TDA are with DCA . Disneyland Park of course need and have way enough room to fit like a few E Tickets .

A new Water Dark ride would be great for Disneyland Paris like Splash Mountain but like others a new theme .

I think Disneyland Paris is profitable itself but due to the HUGE Dept they can not make profits . As you know before the current CEO Karl Holz there was a great french CEO ( André Lacroix ) and he fixed the dept i mean almost . Disneyland Paris is separated is 2 Companies : Euro Disney SCA with the dept and Euro Disney SAS who manage the profits and the management have to split the money to different things like WDC Copyrights , French Taxes ETC... and also into the Parks .

we'll have to wait a few more years to see Disneyland Paris profitable .

• Sock Puppet

The DLP debt has always seemed kind of fishy to me. I mean, can you understand why it is absolutely necesary for ED SCA, a part of the WDC, to have to pay copyrights to the WDC? Can't the WDC just "be nice" for it's "child" and let the copyrights be? I know it's of course not that simply, but still...

Anyway, great news that revenues are up. Let's hope they will (hopefully sooner than later) result in new investments.