Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Alien Encounter at WDS

Who wouldn't mind seeing Alien Encounter at WDS? And by that I mean a new version featuring the actual alien from Alien (that was the original intention of Disney but they thought the creature would be too scary). I think it could be kind of a sister attraction to Armageddon, a different kind of indoor effects experience designed to chill not to thrill. Just an idea mind, what do y'all think?

• No honestly it is me

Re: Alien Encounter at WDS

I think thats a great idea, although I think the alien they actually used for the WDW version would be fine (and would be cheaper due to no film rights needed)

I absolutely loved alien encounter and I actually think this would go down very well with europeans as we generally like more gritty/scary stuff where as I think this attraction was considered too'scary' in the US. Would also be another cheap addition as most of the design etc has already been designed, all they need to do is build it!

Perhaps, if they don't use the creature from Alien, they could pass the attraction off as some kind of special effects, creature make up thing?

On a different note... I was thinking the other day just how great it would be if Disney got the theme park rights to Lord of the Rings. I can just picture some kind of Mount doom version of splash mountain in the studios! I bet that would bring in more visitors than Boarin'

• Pirate - G'har!

What frustrates me is it needn't be Boarin', the technology is great but it's executed horrendously by Disney, as if somehow the ride experience makes up for everything else being subpar. I'm still for Soarin' to become a time travel atraction in Discoveryland but that's for another thread! I certainly think Alien encounter would be a more attractive addition to the studios than Soarin' and cheaper since Soarin' will actually have to film new footage and such (unless they use dreaded stock footage).

• Banned User

How do you think Alien Encounter can fit in the WDSP? It has nothing to do with Disney, or any of the movies, and certainly the show's topic did not come from a movie at all... So, I fail to see why this would be a good addition to WDSP.

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    How do you think Alien Encounter can fit in the WDSP? It has nothing to do with Disney, or any of the movies, and certainly the show's topic did not come from a movie at all... So, I fail to see why this would be a good addition to WDSP.
    Did I not suggest a good reason in my post?

Namely Special effects and creature make up?

Oh and nothing to do with Disney? If you mean from the film Alien then yes you are correct (although it didn't stop Disney using scenes from Alien in the great Movie ride in MGM studios).

BUT this attraction was built back in the mid 90's with a disney created alien.

OH and since when did Boarin' have anything to do with Disney Movies? and they are still going to slap that in to WDSP!
    Last edited by yesitsme; 08-06-2007 at 10:48 AM.

• Pirate - G'har!

Well if your read my original post (TDLFan) it was to feature the alien from Alien. and intended as a live effects demonstration, like Armageddon but to chill not to thrill. I'm just repeating myself, which leads me to believe I made things clear in my original post :-S. Seemingly not. Star Wars and Indy don't have anything to do with Disney either (unless you don't like their presence either in which case fair enough). Also, the original intention for Alien Encounter was to feature the alien from Alien. It'd make more sense than adding Soarin' which is very much on the cards right now. I mean, it's a movie-themed attraction showcasing sound and effects. (this Jim Hill article tracks the creation of Alien Encounter and the original intention http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...x?PageIndex=15)

• No honestly it is me

I think we might be in the minority wanting alien encounter instead of Boarin' Fizzog!

• Pirate - G'har!

Two against one so far hehe.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    I think we might be in the minority wanting alien encounter instead of Boarin' Fizzog!
    Oh dear! I seem to have coined a phrase - namely 'Boarin''. You do realise that this could get me strung up by certain MiceChatters!

As for Alien Encounter - yes please! Although I am amazed that I am the first person on this thread to name the dreaded Stitch in connection with this attraction. As we all know, WDW/MGM swapped the original alien for Stitch, and in the process angered a whole lotta fans and guests alike! I doubt whether Disney would introduce a defunked attraction into DLP and, if AE were to come over to France, I suspect it would be Stitch-themed. And since Stitch Live (or whatever its going to be called) is coming soon, this seems hoghly unlikely.

Conclusion - I want it but I know we'll never get it!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

It was in MK not MGM I believe, one of the reasons for the controversy. Now this thread is polluted with Stitch I might as well get this off my chest, it's a message to Stitch: GO AWAY, HOW DARE YOU RUIN IT!!!! There we go. I think many people agree that AE is a good attraction that was perhaps misunderstood and mislocated. I also don't think the concept of doing AE at WDS would be met with any deal of distain. Additionally, what a great addition it would be after Tower of Terror and maybe the new proposed street sets, a major attraction, easily marketable due to the movie connection and probably insanely popular. Not that I think it's gonna happen I'm just sayin'.

• Senior Minion

Actually, although I think that changing AE into Stitch Encounter was a mistake and showed Disney 'dumbing down', I really like Stitch as a character. He gets a real good kicking on this site but remember that Lilo and Stitch is probably the only animated (non-Pixar) hit that Disney has had this century!
    But yes, he needs to know his place and ruining a scary ride is not it. His taking-over of Halloween is also worrying. I think he belongs as long as he doesn't over-shadow the rest of the characters.
    Sorry for turning this thread from 'Alien Encounter' to 'Stitch'!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

That's fine...but I'm turning it back now hehe. I think AE would be a viable, sensible and downright cool option whether it'll be even thought of or not.

• Senior Minion

I would certainly prefer it to Boa.. - I mean Soarin'!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I would prefer it to Soa- I mean Boarin', hehe (don't get me wrong, I love the technology and concept it's just the execution). Is it just me or it would it seem more sensible too? A unique attraction to Paris based on an insanely popular series of movies that's scary and thrilling.

• Senior Minion

Yes, but Disney seems keen to reproduce some of the attractions in all of the parks (ie Buzz and ToT). Soarin' would seem an inevitable if not thrilling prospect.
    And how about Alien versus Stitch? It has to be better than the terrible Alien versus Predator!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast