Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinema Parade

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Cinema Parade

Could anyone tell me what direction the Cinema Parade at the Studios goes in now day.Is it still from the RNRC building down to the Animagique theatre building or is the parade now going in the oposite direction.As I've just seen video of it going that way!

• FuseMP

Re: Cinema Parade

Good question, I want to make sure I find a spot to video/photograph from that has good angles and no building works in the background, so knowing it's direction will be key.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Senior Minion

Yes Malin, it hasn't changed. I saw it last Friday (or at least I saw it approaching - I didn't bother hanging around for it) and it was moving towards Toon Studios.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Thats cool than maybe it had to change route due to the construction of Toon Studios or something.I'm personally not a fan of this parade anyway but like StrongStyle I too was hoping to video record this parade.

• is satisfactual.

I actually like the Cinema Parade a lot. Before the Once Upon a Dream Parade, I always thought it was by far the more tasteful one in the resort (especially music-wise). It's just the backdrop that ruins it, I think.

• Pirate - G'har!

The cinema parade is small and fun but I always felt it felt a bit on-the-cheap (this is most probably because, uh, it was). Dammit, I'm just sitting here thinking how much potential the studios has. If only they'd add two or three more street sets behind Hollywood Blvd and then a strip of backlot-like studio behind and you've got a rounded park. Garrrrr.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    The cinema parade is small and fun but I always felt it felt a bit on-the-cheap (this is most probably because, uh, it was).
    Sure it was, but recycling the same Wonderful World of Disney Parade floats for ten years and adding a eurodance tune doesn't exactly say "extravagant" either. The Cinema Parade at least felt coherent and creative, cheap as it may have been. Of course, now with the Once Upon a Dream Parade it feels really cheap.

• Pirate - G'har!

I always thought the studios had such potential for a nighttime parade what with all the bright lights of Hollywood and New York and showbusiness generally sorta thing.
    Oh well

• FuseMP

While its not the best parade in the world, it is one of the few (if not only) places in the Disney universe that you can get a close up picture of Tink.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Senior Minion

It's an ok parade although I was never sure of the ushers and usherettes dressed as various bizarre things - doesn't really work for me that bit. I do however like the provision to include the latest characters on one of the first floats.

On a slightly related note (not really I suppose), I seem to think that Pinocchio used to feature in Animagique along with Monstro the whale (I have seen publicity art of this also featuring Donald). Is this so and if so, why was it removed?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    On a slightly related note (not really I suppose), I seem to think that Pinocchio used to feature in Animagique along with Monstro the whale (I have seen publicity art of this also featuring Donald). Is this so and if so, why was it removed?
    That is correct a Pinocchio scene was originally part of the show.As for why it was removed I believe like many new shows that paticular scene wasn't working out,and was removed in favour of the Little Mermaid scene.

As for the Cinema Parade a bit shocked so many people like it here.By the way are the rumours still true that this parade will soon be going for good,and to be replaced by the Stars and Motorcars parade from Disney Hollywood Sudios.

• FuseMP

LOL, so the parade is going to be replaced by another parade which is highly complained about?

I think the MGM Cars parade has been rumoured for quite a while, but I don't think its actually being shipped over, rather new versions built. Personally I enjoy pretty much any parade and my son loved the Stars and Motor Cars parade at MGM last year; highlights were the villians car and the muppets though. I'll sit through any parade, even the ones that are complained about usually have something to offer; its just a shame Tink is up on that pedestal she can never come down from, I'd kill for a pic with her.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Senior Minion

Tink does lead Fantillusion on foot. Perhaps you can jump out on her in the dark!

As for the Cinema Parade, it may have been my imagination but when I saw it approach last week, it did seem to be moving rather fast. Between walking from the Animagique exit to the entrance of Studio 1 it had moved from out of sight to almost level with us!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Tink does lead Fantillusion on foot. Perhaps you can jump out on her in the dark!!
    Really? Unfortunately I wont get to see Fantillusion till xmas, wonder if they'll put her in a little santa hat and red velvet tube dress? It it wrong to have such thoughts?
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Really? Unfortunately I wont get to see Fantillusion till xmas, wonder if they'll put her in a little santa hat and red velvet tube dress? It it wrong to have such thoughts?
    Erm..... yes frankly!

Nurse! The screens!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast