Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• FuseMP

Everything is Booked

Well, today I made the fateful call, and now for during my week there I've got Cafe Mickey for lunch on the Monday, Cafe Mickey for Breakfast on the Tuesday and Buffallo Bills for Tuesday Night, Lucky Nugget for lunch on the Wednesday, Innoventions for dinner on Thursday and the Tea Party before coming home on the Friday. They wouldn't let me book Annette's for Sunday night so looks like I'm queuing for a table there.

I may have gone overboard on the character meals
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Everything is Booked

Sounds fab. too many rubberheads for me. But I think you have chosen some good venues. I really hope you love BBWWS as much as we do.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Senior Minion

You can never have too many character meals. My only winge about them is that the same characters seem to be at all of them (Friar Tuck, Eeyore and Gepetto get everywhere!). Saying that, last week we had Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, and Baloo all in one go.
    Anyway, enjoy! We especially love Cafe Mickey. I recommend Woody's Roast (or something) - a lovely rack of lamb.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• See what I got?

Have fun! Bon apetit!

• FuseMP

last time at Cafe Mickey we had Mickey, Tigger, Chip & Dale, Goofy and Pinnochio which was fanstic because we hadn't managed to find Tigger the whole trip, it was our last day and Tigger is one of my son's favourites.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Sounds fantastic and I don't blame you for wanting to do as many character meals as possible.It makes sense to meet the characters during a meal rather than hunting them down in the park.Also you only have so many years left before the kids will no longer think its cool to get there pics taken with the characters.Unless your me of course I waited 90 mins to see Mickey in Tokyo last yearBut than again I'm not exactly a kid anymore

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    I may have gone overboard on the character meals
    You certainly did. Personally, I think they are over rated and over priced, and the more people feel they are worth it, the more the company will continue to believe this is what people expect from them at the parks, which it really is not a good a idea in the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    It makes sense to meet the characters during a meal rather than hunting them down in the park
    No, it does NOT make sense. When greeting any particular character comes with a hefty price attached to it, then it's not a good thing in my book and provides no value. Characters should roam free at park or be available for meet and greet for free.

Do you have any more information and recommendations on this Tea Party at the Plaza Gardens? I had not heard of that. Is this daily and at what time? Thanks for the tips.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You certainly did. Personally, I think they are over rated and over priced, and the more people feel they are worth it, the more the company will continue to believe this is what people expect from them at the parks, which it really is not a good a idea in the very least.

No, it does NOT make sense. When greeting any particular character comes with a hefty price attached to it, then it's not a good thing in my book and provides no value. Characters should roam free at park or be available for meet and greet for free.
    After my son was nearly injured last week trying to see Chicken Little, I cannot disagree more strongly with you TDLFAN. In a perfect world (as in the advertisments for the Disney parks) Mickey and friends would roam around all day and guests would politely and in single-file meet and greet them. In reality it is a scrum!
    The hotel meet and greets are good (orderly queues) as are the park ones (verrrry long orderly queues) but I cannot accept your arguement that just because you don't agree with them, we should all stop attending so that they will be discontinued. I for one value the character meals as an opportunity for my son to meet the characters and spend more than a few seconds with them. He will only enjoy this for a few more years and I do not begrudge at all the premium price put on these events.
    Don't like 'em? Then stay away.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by maconMouse View Post
    Do you have any more information and recommendations on this Tea Party at the Plaza Gardens? I had not heard of that. Is this daily and at what time? Thanks for the tips.
    Character Tea Party at the Plaza gardens every day between 3 - 4.30pm (times may vary). Current price is 13 euros pp.
    A birthday tea can also be done at this time. This is exactly the same except the birthday boy/girl gets a badge, card and plush and the party gets a cake. Price - 18 euros pp.
    Advance booking is highly recommended.

I have done this event and wasn't that impressed. The food is good but is all sweet, sticky, sickly stuff (although drinks are also included - juice or hot beverages). The character interaction is good but limited due to the popularity of the meal (limited characters, lots of tables to get around). We actually used this for NDJnr's birthday last year. The plush was (very) cheaply made (Mickey that sings Happy Birthday - not in his own voice - when you squeeze him) and the chocolate cake is extremely sickly. None of our party managed a full slice.
    The good part of doing a birthday there is that they play a song as the cakes come out. However, if you are doing this I would recommend doing it at Cafe Mickey and ordering the cake at the start of the meal. When it comes out, all of the CMs and characters crowd around your table and sing and dance. We did this at Cafe Mickey as well as Plaza Gardens and this was far more intimate and fun.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    last time at Cafe Mickey we had Mickey, Tigger, Chip & Dale, Goofy and Pinnochio which was fanstic because we hadn't managed to find Tigger the whole trip, it was our last day and Tigger is one of my son's favourites.
    Tigger was quite commonly spotted (striped?!) last week.
    Goofy and Pluto are always around and we met C&D several times. I found Mickey and Minnie to be more present than on previous trips.

The great thing at the minute is the Character Express which brings out some 'rare' characters. First-time meets that we experienced last week from the CE were Timon, Rafiki, Buzz Lightyear, King Louie, Capt Hook and Tweedles Dum and Dee. Just make sure you follow my advice on my trip report for where best to place yourselves when the train arives in the Plaza.

Also available at the moment is a nice new autograph book (15th themed) that has a photo-slot on each double page to allow the picture to be placed opposite the signature.

Good character hunting!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    After my son was nearly injured last week trying to see Chicken Little, I cannot disagree more strongly with you TDLFAN. In a perfect world (as in the advertisments for the Disney parks) Mickey and friends would roam around all day and guests would politely and in single-file meet and greet them. In reality it is a scrum!
    The hotel meet and greets are good (orderly queues) as are the park ones (verrrry long orderly queues) but I cannot accept your arguement that just because you don't agree with them, we should all stop attending so that they will be discontinued. I for one value the character meals as an opportunity for my son to meet the characters and spend more than a few seconds with them. He will only enjoy this for a few more years and I do not begrudge at all the premium price put on these events.
    Don't blame TDLFAN. He is just used to seeing the orderly and well-mannered conducts at the Japanese Disney parks.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    What are you going on about now,Characters do roam the park and offer meet and Greets.The Character Meals are just an extra that guest are offered for an extra charge.The fact that StrongStyle and others on here feel its worth the extra cost doesn't hurt anyone does it,or take away the experience for anyone else.The only victim here are the credit cards.

TDLFAN I'm interested to know your opinions on TDR offering Dinner shows,as surely if you feel this strongly about the character meals you must be furious that TDR charge guest extra to watch shows like Horseshoe Roundup and Goofy's Frontier Revue,because surely once you've paid to get in the park all shows should be free right?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more nathan detroit

• Pirate - G'har!

Holy moly, it makes sense to the people that said it makes sense thus it makes sense as far as they're concerned. You can't just say 'It does NOT make sense' when it's people's freakin' opinion. Anyhoo, I think character dinners are great for kids but I would probably just do the one myself, mainly because when I'm eating with characters I could be riding Space Mountain...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast