Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Hitchhiker

Angry DLP opening times rant

Sometimes I feel Euro Disney management is like a railroad steamer. Accelerates slowly and uses one selected track only. It is not very dynamic.

Why I feel this is the current success of 15th year. September is nearly sold out but park opening times still stays at 10.00-19.00 for weekdays. Also September has least Magic Hour days.

I know growling here doesn't change anything, but I hope in next Shareholders meeting someone rises his/her voice. Prices this year are 25-30% higher than two years ago, but opening hours are shorter.. Come on!
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• is satisfactual.

Re: DLP opening times rant

You're absolutely right.

• Banned User

You should have gone to TDR, where parks are opened 9am to 10pm daily!

• FuseMP

The 10am to 7pm is a little annoying, however I have offset this with on the days there are no magic hours having either a character meal booked for either dinner after park closing or a breakfast beforehand; so although the park has closed the fun can continue. I guess the rest of the time wil be spent in the pool or hotel hopping for character meets.

I would prefer a 9 o clock opening; closing at 7 is early but at least it wont mean my 4 your old is over tired from staying out till 10/11 each night.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    The 10am to 7pm is a little annoying, however I have offset this with on the days there are no magic hours having either a character meal booked for either dinner after park closing or a breakfast beforehand; so although the park has closed the fun can continue. I guess the rest of the time wil be spent in the pool or hotel hopping for character meets.

I would prefer a 9 o clock opening; closing at 7 is early but at least it wont mean my 4 your old is over tired from staying out till 10/11 each night.
    Well, they won't stop you from leaving the park before closing time. You have to admit that closing at 7pm is madness. You can't even have a proper dinner in the park that way. And we all know how much fun Disney Village is to hang around in.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    10.00-19.00 for weekdays.
    Wow.

Just wow.

• World Traveler

I never understood these times either, but maybe it has to do with those crazy French work laws.

• Pirate - G'har!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You should have gone to TDR, where parks are opened 9am to 10pm daily!
    Totally irrelevant, totally unnecessary, totally ridiculous. How it frustrates the crap out of me.

Indeed, the hours need to be fixed, especially as it's the 15th and business is booming. As long as you have a big coat there's nothing wrong with being in the parks late in Winter. On a slightly related topic, WDS will hopefully get expanded hours when Hollywood Blvd opens, it would be cool to actually be in the place when the spotlights are shining in the sky. I'm thinking neon, lots of neon.

You are right about the hours. Idon't understand that. It's not winter yet. The days are still long so why don't stay open till 21 or 22...
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

It makes sense to me as despite this being the Anniversary year,September because all the kids go back to school is always dead.Its why I've planned my upcoming trip in a few weeks time to avoid the long waits.If there is a huge attendance boost I'm sure DLRP execs will review the opening times,but I doubt it.The park usually empties around 7.00.The park is going into downtime and will be busy getting everything ready for this years Halloween event which I recieved an e-mail about today in my inbox.

• Senior Minion

Yes, why should Disney feel that they need to pay extra staffing and electricity costs to keep the park open longer when everyone is booked in anyway. I don't agree with it but it doesn't make good business sense to offer this sort of 'bonus' to a captive audience. They will just spend their money in Disney Village or in the hotel if the parks aren't open so what's the difference to Disney?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    [...]They will just spend their money in Disney Village or in the hotel if the parks aren't open so what's the difference to Disney?!
    Yes... Cut to 60,000 people trying to make their way through the Disney Store out of sheer boredom. Which, by the way, could use a little TLC for all the profit it seems to be making.

I'm sorry, but when you subtract the parks, DLRP isn't that exciting. To kill a little time, sure, but from 7pm? And it's one thing for families with small children, but for a young*, vital* night owl* such as myself? It's awful.

*lie

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Yes... Cut to 60,000 people trying to make their way through the Disney Store out of sheer boredom. Which, by the way, could use a little TLC for all the profit it seems to be making.

I'm sorry, but when you subtract the parks, DLRP isn't that exciting. To kill a little time, sure, but from 7pm? And it's one thing for families with small children, but for a young*, vital* night owl* such as myself? It's awful.

*lie
    There's always Hurricanes! But seriously folks....

My point is that the powers that be at DLP don't give a monkey's whether the guests are propping up the bar, getting crushed in a shop or being ignored by a waiter in a restaurant - they have already bought their park passes and hotel rooms and will spend their hard earned euros regardless. That they booked up knowing that the parks will be all closed by 7pm shows they don't care. If they booked up and didn't know this, then they are too dim to matter . As I said, I don't agree with it but Disney is there to make money.

As for The Disney Store - I agree Puss. The range of products is poor too. I couldn't believe that I walked around this enormous store with my euros burning a hole in my pocket and I couldn't find one decent thing to buy. Ratatouille is their latest release and I was incredulous to see that they had completely sold out of plush Remys. Tonnes of plush Emiles but no Remys. Also the character figures from that movie were sold out of Remys and NDJnr wanted one (I got him Remy's father - Django - instead, they look similar!).
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Closing at 7 p.m. is far too early for any Magic Kingdom. Well, except Hong Kong Disneyland that is. I would be happy if they extended the closing time to 8-10 p.m. during the off season and 12 a.m. during peak seasons.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

The first thing they need to address are the closing times of WDS. It will be an absolute crime if the park does not stay open later once ToT is operational. 7pm closure in high season just does not make sense.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast