Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: We want Splash mountain! We want Splash mountain!

The Jungle Book Splash Mountain came to me in a flash of inspiration and the more I think about it the more I like the idea. It would also placate those who would like to see Jungle Cruise at DLP.
    The music from Jungle Book would be fantastic to accompany us as we sail in our canoe through Mowgli's adventures ending at the drop as we encounter Shere Kahn. The home stretch docks us in the man village.
    Positioning this ride near to Indy would work thematically and should feature the ruined temple quite heavily.
    Good stuff.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I hate the jungle book, hate it hate it hate it. However, the idea of making a ride out of it would probably be a very successful one...I just wouldn't want to see it.

• Senior Minion

You hate Jungle Book and love Pocahontas?!

I may never speak to you again.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

:O Oh now come on, Pocahontas was a triumph artistically and generally. I think Jungle Book is like Raiders of the Lost Ark. People have it somehow inplanted in their mind that Raiders of the Lost Ark is a classic and a brilliant movie, whenever they watch it or talk about it they'll praise it or whatever when really they know that Temple of Doom kicked its buttocks fair and square.

I hold no responsibility for what I just said...

I love Raiders btw

• Senior Minion

I must admit to being bored during stretches of The Jungle Book the last time I watched it (too many shots of Mowgli walking through the jungle). However, that is nothing in comparison to the feelings that I experienced while watching Pocahontas!

Temple of Doom is generally regarded as the weakest of the Indy movies and although I like it, it is currently rated third of the three in my book. Fizzy, you really do have some bizarre tastes!

Actually, I was building a wardrobe this evening and I like to have music while I work so I raked through some rarely-listened to CDs of mine. What did I choose? The soundtrack to Pocahontas! I actually enjoyed most of it (love Mine Mine Mine!) although some of the indian chants are pretty turgid and repeatative. the vocal performances are generally good although I don't like Jim Cummings trying to be serious. He's Tigger for goodness sake!
    I then put on The Little Mermaid following the excitment that I felt after recently discovering its conversion to a Broadway musical! Heaven!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I think it must be darker sequels I like. Temple of Doom kicks butt, Batman Returns rules over the land of Batmandom, Dead Man's Chest...ok, I didn't like Dead Man's Chest at first but it's really really grown on me, probably because I went in expecting Pirates 1 - 2 not something different. Did I mention that I liked Barry Mannilow? Let's throw that into the mix...

I personally feel that while a splash mountain in Adventureland would be great and something different to the song of the south clone I dread so much, I think so much more could be done with Indy, ie a rapids ride or an EMV ride to compliment the coaster (which I'd like to see some enhanced effects for, the showbuilding thing would be amazing but it's not gonna happen so some fire and mist, maybe a toppling scaffolding tower effect would do). Frontierland only really has two rides and I think injecting some life into the worn out area near Pocahontas' playground would work very well. As long as it isn't song of the south...

• Senior Minion

Nowt wrong with Song of the South IMO although i would prefer Jungle Book.
    And another Indy ride isn't gonna happen! Adventureland becomes Indysville!

What did you think of POTC3 then?

And... Barry Manilow?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

I thought POTC3 was amazing, it blew me out of the water (pun very much intended). It started out kinda slow like the bulk of Dead Man's Chest but when it picked up it really picked up, a fantastic film (bear in mind I thought 2's parts were very good but the sum of it's parts came across as a bit slow and sludgy).

Barry Manilow has written some great songs, but then again so have Aerosmith. Right, I really am off now

• Senior Minion

You liked POTC3. You like Pocahontas. You think Temple of Doom is the best Indy movie. You hate Jungle Book.

I really don't know what to say at this point!

(I actually quite like Barry Manilow too although i would never admit to - D'oh!)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    And... Barry Manilow?
    Her name was Lola... she was a showgirl....

• Banned User

DLP's Splash Mountain, in 18F degree weather in december, should be a hoot!

• is satisfactual.

I've seen it snow in Tokyo. I don't know how cold it gets over there, but it obviously gets below 30F (0C). And they have a Splash Mountain.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm just joining in really.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I've seen it snow in Tokyo. I don't know how cold it gets over there, but it obviously gets below 30F (0C). And they have a Splash Mountain.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm just joining in really.
    Admit it Puss, it was Copacabana that attracted you!

There are ways and means around the cold and water. Water that runs fast enough will not freeze and I'm sure that the Imagineers will take the weather in to account (although they didn't with the Stunt Show - that place is a very cold wind-tunnel in the winter).
    Water is a big part of Catastrophe Canyon and I've never heard of that freezing up.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Admit it Puss, it was Copacabana that attracted you!

There are ways and means around the cold and water. Water that runs fast enough will not freeze and I'm sure that the Imagineers will take the weather in to account (although they didn't with the Stunt Show - that place is a very cold wind-tunnel in the winter).
    Water is a big part of Catastrophe Canyon and I've never heard of that freezing up.
    Could I have found another fanilow? I'm kidding, of course, but this would have been fun in real life if you'd gasped in acknowledgment and outed yourself as one. [EDIT] Ah, you already have. And so has Fizzog. Well, alright, I'll admit it too. Who are you in the Fanilow chat room? We should all meet up at conventions.[/EDIT]

But I have seen frozen waterfalls in Adventureland (but I been done seen about everything when I see a elephant fly!).

But yes, surely there is a way around this? They'd take the weather into account from
    day one after all, this won't come as a surprise.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 09-01-2007 at 03:40 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Yes, but TDL's Splash canbe adjusted for the weather...less splash effect etc etc. They would have to build Splash with similar effects. Are you willing to ride a Splash Mountain that hardly splashes in the winter? Besides... in Tokyo it may snow once or twice in the winter but the weather is not bitter cold like it is in Paris. Trust me I have been to both parks in the same week in january, and I can tell there is a huge difference in weather.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast