Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• No honestly it is me

Re: We want Splash mountain! We want Splash mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I thought POTC3 was amazing
    Ok that proves it, fizzog has finally gone insane, we should have seen it coming, the signs were there...liking Pocahontas and temple of Doom....

Such a sad sad day

• Pirate - G'har!

Stop bullying me!!! *sobs* hehe. First thing's first, Temple of Doom was a non-stop action thrill ride featuring horror elements, great gags and super Region 1 DVD gross-out moments. Don't get me wrong, I love Raiders but it's a different movie to Temple and Temple's more my kind of movie. Oh I dunno, I just do! As for Poca, I've argued that case before hehe. And Batman Returns, surprised no-one's taken me up on that one yet... As for POTC3, I was just relieved that it was worth enduring 2 to get to it. I mean, what was wrong with it? Anybody? Does no-one understand me? *sobs*

I'm sure is Splash used a whole new theme thus design they'd cross the bridge of weather problems. They could make the ride seasonal much like Casey Jr/Boats (granted neither of these are E-Tickets) or heat the water or something. I'm sure they could think of a method. If only the drop was outdoors, maybe even if you dropped into indoors it would be far easier.

• No honestly it is me

What was wrong with POTC3???

To quote comic book guy in the simpsons 'Worst movie eveeeerrrr!'

Ok so it wasn't quite that bad but it did dissapoint me so much that I will not be buying it, I won't start ranting about it though!

Batman Returns was good, not Batman Begins good but good all the same.

Anyhoo....
    I honestly can't think what theme they will give splash WHEN it opens in frontierland. I can't see them using pocahontas and as much as I love the song of the south theme no one here would know what it is.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the imagineers office!

• Pirate - G'har!

Well the groop of mishap bandits and a sunken mine was thought about I think but it would be yet another gold mine mountain attraction.

By the way, what did you think of Dead Man's Chest yesitsme? Just curious. On that note, all I can say about 3 is regardless of any gripes I had, it simply left me breathless. I think my reaction was probably alot to do with the fantastic maelstrom battle at the end yet I still love the whole. Without the maelstrom battle it would have just been Dead Man's Chest's slow drudginess all over again but the slowness was fine because it was payed off, unlike 2. Like I've said, I loved every individual scene in 2 it was the whole package that was disappointing. Great ending too, ambiguous yet satisfying (and I include the post-credits in that). At the end of the day I got the same feeling of excitement I did when I watched 1 regardless of nitpicks or anything, I could list a whole bunch of things that annoyed me about the film but I can't escape the fact it simply stunned me.

Would that last paragraph lose all credibility if I said I thought Armageddon was good fun?

• No honestly it is me

Are we talking the film or the attraction? Armageddon the film was fun, cheesy but fun.

I thought POTC 2 was good, I thought the kraken was brilliant, it took the franchise in a whole new direction which looked promising. POTC 3 on the other hand was 3 hours of bum numbing rubbish (They killed the damn Kraken with no real explanation! Johnny Depp does not get funier if you multiply him several times! Oh I know lets just get everyone double crossing everyone else every 5 mins for 2 hours, that will be fun won't it?) with one of the worst film endings ever, it's a perfect example of what happens when a Director gets given almost unlimited funds and no restrictions on their work. The same thing happened with Spider Man 3 to a certain degree, still a good film but not a patch on the first 2.

I actually think we will end up with the song of the south theme, it will be cheaper and thats what matters, I guess even if you don't know what the ride is based on everyone will still enjoy it?

• Pirate - G'har!

Spiderman-3 was one of the worst films I've seen in recent years. I was talking the film Armageddon by the way which I agree was cheesy and fun. I agree Splash would be a success regardless I just wanna see something original to Paris and something perhaps a little more relevant. In truth I'd love to see a Pirates of the Caribbean/Splash crossover for the Ozzie park but there ya go

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    In truth I'd love to see a Pirates of the Caribbean/Splash crossover
    Me too, very much so, but I can't see it happening in Frontierland and I think thats where they will stick splash.

I do wonder just what the imagineers which have been spotted in Adventureland are doing though, and it still puzzles me why they didn't add Captain Jack to POTC like they said they were going to....

I do believe it would be possible to have 2 POTC attractions, and it would make sense based on just how popular POTC is. There is space next to it for a sizeable mountain and Adventureland wouldn't have to become pirateland. Oh and while there at it they can replace Temple of Peril with an Indiana Jones Adventure ride

• Pirate - G'har!

I'd prefer to add Indiana Jones Adventure to compliment temple of peril which I think it would and very nicely and since temple doesn't really take up much space at all I think that would probably happen. I'd quite like to have POTC but with the big drop element of splash but that's only possible in Hong Kong or a new park I guess. I think two POTC attractions could only work if one is a walk-through or something totally different

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    I do wonder just what the imagineers which have been spotted in Adventureland are doing though, and it still puzzles me why they didn't add Captain Jack to POTC like they said they were going to....
    Family Robinsons Treehouse refurbishment is long overdue, so prehaps they'll retheme it to Jack Sparrow's Castaway Treehut...
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Pirate - G'har!

Here's hoping! I think that would better establish that corner of Adventureland as a pirate dwelling and would not make adventureland pirateland or anything at all

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Family Robinsons Treehouse refurbishment is long overdue, so prehaps they'll retheme it to Jack Sparrow's Castaway Treehut...
    I would like to see that rethemed ala DL with Tarzan.

I began a critique of all of the films mentioned but gave up and deleted it! Sufficed to say that I tend to agree more with Yessy than Fizzy!

I'll bet the farm that Splash (when it comes) will be SotS themed. Regardless of the film's fame (or perhaps infamy!), its a bunch of singing animals, a catchy tune and a 5 storey drop. Whats not to love?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post

I'll bet the farm that Splash (when it comes) will be SotS themed. Regardless of the film's fame (or perhaps infamy!), its a bunch of singing animals, a catchy tune and a 5 storey drop. Whats not to love?!
    More importantly for uncle's Jay and Karl, direct clones are cheaper.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    More importantly for uncle's Jay and Karl, direct clones are cheaper.
    Cynical but true. Also the ride is probably more famous than the film on which it is based now. Straying from Brer Rabbit and his Laughin' Place doesn't really make sense to me.

Still, The Jungle Book still sounds good.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    DLP's Splash Mountain, in 18F degree weather in december, should be a hoot!
    And that is why Paris didn't get it. It would have to be in a heated enclosure from November to February. It's also why we didn't get Jungle cruise (Croisière de jungle). If you have ever seen the Molly Brown(Paris' paddle steamer) surrounded by ice on a January day you'll know what I mean.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Cynical but true. Also the ride is probably more famous than the film on which it is based now. Straying from Brer Rabbit and his Laughin' Place doesn't really make sense to me.

Still, The Jungle Book still sounds good.
    I agree. As much as I like the Jungle Book idea (really, best one yet), I can't help but feel it would be a "dumbed down" version of the ride. And although I know that method has actually worked very well for DLP in some cases, such as with the more easily understandable and far more stereotypical versions of Frontierland and Pirates, I hope they'll take a risk with the Europeans and leave Br'er Rabbit in his Laughin' Place. I think they'll respond to it very well. After all, it has been established in a similar thread that Europeans are actually far more familiar with Br'er Rabbit than Americans are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast