Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Leaving soon for vacation including trip to Paris

Hey guys just a heads up that after tomorrow I'll be on vacation which will include a trip to Disneyland Resort Paris. Looking foward to seeing the new parade as well as soak in the 15th Anniversary atsmophere. Will be staying at the Hotel Santa Fe for 4 nights and hope to return with a trip report plus pics in about 2 weeks. I'll also be visiting Tokyo Disney Resort so it will be an interesting comparrsion to experience both back to back like this.

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Leaving soon for vacation including trip to Paris

That will be interesting! I hope for detailed coverage and head-to-head action

Edit: Of course MiceChat gets enough Tokyo v. Paris head-to-head action hehe
    Last edited by fizzog; 09-15-2007 at 09:58 AM.

• FuseMP

Malin,

When are you going to be in the park? I leave tomorrow and am there for the week.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Banned User

Not going to be at the park until Monday the 24th of Sept. I will be in Tokyo the first week.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    That will be interesting! I hope for detailed coverage and head-to-head action

Edit: Of course MiceChat gets enough Tokyo v. Paris head-to-head action hehe
    Yes... Can't wait to see who wins there. Hmmmm.

• Banned User

I'm not as bias as some people on here tend to be. While I admire TDS for instance I certainly don't think its the greatest park ever built. Last time I was in Tokyo I ended up spending more time at TDS. So I think you'll be quite suprised as it won't be quite the DLRP bash and praise TDR Report you think it will be.

I've visited both Resorts in the past only difference is this time I'm doing them back to back.So the comparrisons will be fresh in my mind.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'm not as bias as some people on here tend to be. While I admire TDS for instance I certainly don't think its the greatest park ever built. Last time I was in Tokyo I ended up spending more time at TDS. So I think you'll be quite suprised as it won't be quite the DLRP bash and praise TDR Report you think it will be.

I've visited both Resorts in the past only difference is this time I'm doing them back to back.So the comparrisons will be fresh in my mind.
    I certainly wouldn't call some people here biased. While some are indeed due to their location or familiarity, some are experienced Disney travellers with a lot of knowledge on the Disney parks around the world. These people do not criticize or praise out of bias, but rather from experience.

If I were to see things your way, wouldn't you also be a bit biased? You mentioned that you prefer the fantasy and fun of the Magic Kingdoms the most, so wouldn't that affect your judgement of the second gates?

Everyone has different opinions and that's great. I, for example, only give praise when it's deserved. Likewise for criticism. I am not one of those fanboys (despite my username) who sees nothing but light for a particular Disney resort and unpleasantness in the rest.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Pirate - G'har!

I like to think I am yet I have a clear Paris bias because I'm close to it and I've visited it the most. That's not to say I'm biased against other resorts but biased towards DLRP. I think this will still be interesting, especially on the MK front

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I certainly wouldn't call some people here biased. While some are indeed due to their location or familiarity, some are experienced Disney travellers with a lot of knowledge on the Disney parks around the world. These people do not criticize or praise out of bias, but rather from experience.

If I were to see things your way, wouldn't you also be a bit biased? You mentioned that you prefer the fantasy and fun of the Magic Kingdoms the most, so wouldn't that affect your judgement of the second gates?

Everyone has different opinions and that's great. I, for example, only give praise when it's deserved. Likewise for criticism. I am not one of those fanboys (despite my username) who sees nothing but light for a particular Disney resort and unpleasantness in the rest.
    I could argue my case here but I feel the argument is flawed. So why bother...

• Golden State of Mind

sweet
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Banned User

Hey folks just got back on Friday from a great trip to Paris more of which I'll detail later in my up coming trip report. While I had a great time I was disspointed by the general up keep in the park it was disgusting in some areas and the worst I've ever known it to be.But more on this later...

• Pirate - G'har!

Crikey, disgusting :-S. I'll be interested to find out where

• Banned User

The question is more likely where wasn't it disgusting. The seats on the Tramlot Tour were a black colour, the sets on Its a Small World were covered in dust while the water had mold clearly stuck to the bottom. Even new additions like Crush were showing signs of neglect.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The question is more likely where wasn't it disgusting. The seats on the Tramlot Tour were a black colour, the sets on Its a Small World were covered in dust while the water had mold clearly stuck to the bottom. Even new additions like Crush were showing signs of neglect.
    It really is a shame, but I've had the same experiences during my past visits as well. I was hoping that because of the 15th Anniversary, the park would be a bit cleaner and well maintained. Seems like that is not the case. And it's shocking to hear that Walt Disney Studios is falling apart too, being a relatively new park and all. Disneyland Paris has always been the dirtiest Disney park for me, so that's no surprise. But with the budget for maintenance and upkeep now split between two parks, I hope the resort doesn't go further down the drain.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

Hopefully now that the 'quiet season' has started (excluding halloween and before Christmas!), money and time can be spent on these issues. We don't want Crush getting to the level that HM currently is.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast