Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: No Jungle Cruise at DLP?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    However, a lot of MiceChatters are fiercely opposed to altering the original JC, on the Disneyland board.
    Really?!? Since they've been regularly altering it since the 50's, I highly doubt that many micechatters have even ridden the original JC.

As to the original question, my answer would have to be.....absolutely not.

Of course, I feel that the space it takes up in DL and the MK could be put to much better use.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Senior Minion

Re: No Jungle Cruise at DLP?

If JC were ever to be introduced to DLP, I think that most would agree that it would need some radical re-thinking. The existing JCs survive on nostagia and sarcasm, and in the days of things like the Jurassic Park ride at Universal and even Splash Mountain, more is expected from this sort of ride.
    My suggestions would either to make it into a character themed JC (Lion King, Jungle Book) or make it more extreme along the lines of Jumanji with animals waiting to kill you around every corner including giant spiders, mad hippos and rabid leopards. Either way, I would prefer it indoors and more 'dark ride' than anything else. The weather may not be an issue for the water freezing (there are ways around it) but the cold is an issue for the guests on the ride in the first place.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Hahahahahaha, JUNGLE CRUISE: JUMANJI! Now that I wanna ride! I just don't think the resort has any need for JC at all

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Either way, I would prefer it indoors and more 'dark ride' than anything else. The weather may not be an issue for the water freezing (there are ways around it) but the cold is an issue for the guests on the ride in the first place.
    Hmm, new indoor boat ride next to POTC.. no, thank you.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ise-78705.html

I invite you to join this thread, for our discussion about what to do with the Jungle Cruise attractions we have in the states.

• lol what

While we're also on a light discussion on Splash Mountain in Paris, I have an idea of what it'd be like; I'd think it'd be more like the Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland California versions the most, specially with Disneyland Paris being very similar to Disneyland. Scenes would be mixed from the Tokyo and Disneyland version. Why not some WDW stuff? Cause TDL and WDWs Splash Mountains are pratically the same, but have key diffences. But when it comes to themeing and music, I just think that the Disneyland soundtrack would sound alot better on a Splash Mountain in Paris.

But yeah, this relates to the thread cause JC and SM are both water rides, and not in DLP at the time. ;P

"Veuillez ne pas me jeter dans cette pièce rapportée briar!" What can that mean? (not a good translation)

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Senior Minion

As long as we get SM, I don't really care which park it takes its inspiration from...

Awwww! I really really really want SM at DLP!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    While we're also on a light discussion on Splash Mountain in Paris, I have an idea of what it'd be like; I'd think it'd be more like the Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland California versions the most, specially with Disneyland Paris being very similar to Disneyland. Scenes would be mixed from the Tokyo and Disneyland version. Why not some WDW stuff? Cause TDL and WDWs Splash Mountains are pratically the same, but have key diffences. But when it comes to themeing and music, I just think that the Disneyland soundtrack would sound alot better on a Splash Mountain in Paris.

But yeah, this relates to the thread cause JC and SM are both water rides, and not in DLP at the time. ;P

"Veuillez ne pas me jeter dans cette pièce rapportée briar!" What can that mean? (not a good translation)
    Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain is far more elaborate and colorful than the Magic Kingdom's version and is easily the best version of Splash Mountain. The fact that it fits into its surroundings more than the other two, plus the fact that it has an incredible queue that digs right into the mountain (with a talking AA owl, little streams, waterfalls, and an indoor pond). It's simply amazing.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?

• is satisfactual.

Zip-a-dee-duh.

• lol what

52 foot drops into briar patches isn't as exicting as corny jokes?

@pussnboots: SIGGED

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Minion

Zip-a-dee-duh.
    Shouldn't it be Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Duh?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I hear ya, I think SPLASH would be way better too.

• lol what

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain is far more elaborate and colorful than the Magic Kingdom's version and is easily the best version of Splash Mountain. The fact that it fits into its surroundings more than the other two, plus the fact that it has an incredible queue that digs right into the mountain (with a talking AA owl, little streams, waterfalls, and an indoor pond). It's simply amazing.
    Then the storyboards for Splash Mountain I saw in my book were for the Tokyo version! Thats why some scenes were unreconizable to me. XD But the odd thing is, the storyboard shows a bouncing Brer Rabbit and the shadow of Brer Fox seen in the Disneyland version during the scene before the final drop. Would those be in the Tokyo Disneyland version, I don't recall seeing them in any videos.

Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    Then the storyboards for Splash Mountain I saw in my book were for the Tokyo version! Thats why some scenes were unreconizable to me. XD But the odd thing is, the storyboard shows a bouncing Brer Rabbit and the shadow of Brer Fox seen in the Disneyland version during the scene before the final drop. Would those be in the Tokyo Disneyland version, I don't recall seeing them in any videos.
    Yes, they are in the Tokyo Disneyland version.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast