Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

NDJnr did exactly the same in the Pinocchio ride - Buzz has a lot to answer for!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• FuseMP

That may be so, but while roller coasters give a rush, i dont think there is a ride that I enjoy more than Buzz. As a computer game player is really appeals to me because you just SO want to beat your highest score and make that next level. While I don't see how it is possible to break the 999,999 barrier without a break down in a serioulsy good place, the want to achieve it will get me back on that ride time after time.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Pirate - G'har!

Buzz was...well, I don't wanna talk about it

• Senior Minion

I liked Buzz, but as with most comuter games, I got quickly bored of it. To be honest I didn't take much notice of my score either.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Right moving right along here

Day 2
    September the 25th 2007

I woke up about 6.30 to get ready for my free breakfast at 7.00. The breakfast which is complimentary has to be pre booked upon arrival. I always choose the earliest time so to avoid the crowds. Breakfast consisted of ham, cheeses, cereals, croissants etc. After Breakfast I retired back to the room for a bit before making my way by free shuttle to the park. A bit of advice I think in future if I see a large crowd I will walk as everyone was pushing and shoving to get on that bus. To the point it became frustrating and dangerous.

Today I was heading to the Walt Disney Studios with full intentions of riding the new Crush coaster. Once reaching Studio 1 I could see people already in line for Crush. I decided to join them. While in line for Crush which wasnít open yet the park had already started up the Cars attraction. At around 10.00(Parks official opening) Cast Members came out and informed us that the attraction was having technical difficulties and it was unknown what time the ride would be opened at. Being a bit annoyed but not wanting it to ruin the day I walked over to the Animation Attraction. Same attraction as usual through I do enjoy the classic animation clips montage. The Mushu attraction was promoting Ratatouille. After the tour I noticed the gift shop was being worked on.

Next I ran over to the Animagique theatre to catch the show, which was about to start. Show was interesting to watch as first guest ignoring the rules were taking flash photography which prompted Mickey to point them out in the crowd. To be fair I got the feeling that none of the character wanted to be here today as there performance was so wooden. Still show was still enjoyable despite the poor effort from the performers.

Upon leaving the attraction I spotted Sulley from the Monsters Inc attraction and made my way in line to get my picture. While in line I couldnít help but notice how annoying the scream machines were. Next I brought a sandwich and decided to see if Crush was opened yet. Success only a 45 minute wait. Got to admit the line was nicely themed and Iím happy to see the animatronic seagulls had made it into this attraction.

Iím quite a big guy (height and build) but had no problem fitting into the Crush vehicle which I know is a small concern some have. As for what I think of the attraction, I really liked it. Theming was cute and the thrill factor was there for me to. This attraction should not be referred to as a kiddie coaster but a family coaster. I was even screaming and shouting as I was spinning and being dropped in the dark. I was not expecting much from Crush but Iím happy to say it delivered.

That coaster game me higher hopes for the Studios and it was time to take the new walk way over to Studio Tram Tour. Interesting to note now days the narration was only available in French and English. By the way before I continue the seats on the tram could all clearly do with being washed. Iím quite sure there not supposed to be black. From the back area of the park you could get some great views of all the work being done on the new Tower of Terror attraction. Once this area of the park opens it should start to make the studios feel more like a park. After walking all the way back through Toon Studios I made my way over to watch Cinemagique. Nice touch to have the band perform while your waiting for the show to start. By the way what has happened to the water effects.

After enjoying the show I made the decision to leave the park. On the way out I brought the photo of myself and Sulley and made the short walk over to Disneyland park. It was coming up to 4.00 so I found a place to watch the parade. The weather was really starting to take a turn for the worst here but everything still went ahead.

After the parade I rode a few of the attractions like Phantom Manor and Pirates. About 18.20 I got in line for Big Thunder Mountain. Sadly just before I was to get on the ride shut down due to a technical problem. I decided I would get on it tomorrow and made my way over to the Candlebration stage. Due to the weather the dancers were cut out of the show and all we saw was the ceremony park and the characters dancing to Just like we dreamed it. I left the park and decided to call it an early night.

• Senior Minion

Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

(NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)

Also, I was happy to see that I (all 6'4 of me!) could easily fit into Crush's Coaster.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

The water effects worked when I went in July :S

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

(NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)
    True despite how annoying I find them I wouldn't want to see them removed. As the kids all seem to be having a blast and thats what its all about.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    The water effects worked when I went in July :S
    Thats good to know I actually wonder if the efects were not working due to how bad the weather was that day. Could you if you have time check on this on your next trip.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
    Funny, before we had kids, my wife convinced me to ride 10 times in a row without getting off. Personally, I would rather ride IASW than the lame Indy.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Day 3
    September 26th 2007

Days started with a free continental Breakfast followed by a look in the hotels Gift shop. On the way back to pick up something from the room I was amazed to see parents encouraging there kids to climb the huge mound of dirt thatís situated outside my room within the hotel property. Was happy to see two coaches operating this morning from the hotel to the park. Entering the park early I was greeted by Mickey Mouse. Today I wanted to try out Walts as I had heard so much about it online. So I first walked over to the restaurant to make a reservation. For 12.30.

With it being 9.30 and the park not opening until 10.00 I needed to find something to do. I notice Cast Members were allowing guest entry into Fantasyland if you had your hotel ID. I flashed it at them and was given access. No attractions were open yet except the Tea Cups, Carrousel and Dumbo. For the first time in so many years I actually did all three back to back. It was fun and quite cool I didnít have to wait too long for them either.

Once the park opened I walked over to Frontierland to ride Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain. Than making my way over to Adventureland for a ride on Pirates and a chance to explore all of that lands surroundings before heading back over to Fantasyland. A quick ride on itís a small world, before watching the Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Which now features a new opening video.

After that it was time for my lunch Reservation at Walts. I was situated in the Adventureland room next to the window overlooking a side street in Main Street. I had lots of cool concept art and props to look at while waiting to be served. I started of with a Caesars Salad, followed by the Walt Burger and the Oscar Ice Cream Sundae. Food was good and so was the service. Highly impressed and would eat here again.

Next I decided to take a break from Disneyland park and make a short trip over to the Studios. I caught some of the street show that takes place in Studios 1 before heading over to Toon Studios. Much to my surprise Remy from Ratatouille was out posing for autographs and pictures, and I couldnít resist having my picture taken with him, seeing as heís Disneyís latest star sensation.

Next I checked out another performance of Animagique to which Iím happy to report the performers were a bit more up beat than my last viewing. Guess this must have been the A team. Decided to check out Armageddon and the Stunt Show. After that I picked up my picture of Remy and left the Studios and headed back over to the main park. After finding a spot on Main Street to watch that new parade again I realise I had yet to watch the Lion King Show. Due to timing I had missed the English showing so instead had to watch the French version. Despite that I was hugely surprised by how good this show was. Full marks here. Once the show ended I ran over to the front of the Castle to see Mickey and the gang turn on the Candles in the daylight. This being extra Magic Hours tonight the rest of my time was taken up by riding all my favourite attractions again and enjoying the park in the dark.

Left the park around 9ish and headed straight over to the hotel.

• Banned User

Day 4
    September 23rd 2007

Woke up early to organise a plan of action on what attractions I wanted to do for my last day in Paris. Could not be dealing with the free Breakfast today so I skipped it and just got ready did a bit of packing and headed early to Disneyland park. Upon opening I had a couple of rides on Pirates back to back in my own boat. Which was a cool experience. After that I made a stop over in Main Street at Guest relations to book another dinner reservation for the Blue Lagoon Restaurant. Wanted to do the coasters today but needed to store my bag and due to DLRP lockers being out on action due to them taking French Francs I had to leave the park and store it outside the park. But before doing so I got my picture taken on Main Street with Minnie Mouse. First cause of action was Rock N Roller Coaster which to give them credit appears to be in good condition. The track was still smooth and a enjoyable experience.

I than made my way back over to Disneyland park for a ride on Space Mountain Mission 2. I have to say I consider this a huge disappointment as I was expecting more. The ride was still a rough experience but at least the smoke effects are back and the shoulder restraints have been replaced with softer ones. As for soundtrack due to not being able to hear it over the screaming I canít comment. After this I noticed the 20,000 Leagues exhibit was open and checked this out. Even got to see a bit of early Mysterious Island concept art from TDS inside.

After fighting of the massive squid I walked over to Fantasyland and to my surprise found the Storybook land Canal boat open for business. As I have never done this attraction in Paris it was a must. Lots of neglect shown everywhere on this attraction and very upsetting to see.

Time for my lunch reservation over at the Blue Lagoon. I loved the surroundings but the food was bland, cold and tasteless and service while good was slow. I was even given a free coke due to waiting so long. But the desert made what was a poor meal into a passable one. To start of with I had the fried scallops, followed by the grilled beef and the Banana pie with Cocoa ice cream. Leaving the restaurant I made the decision to grab my stuff that was stored outside the park and head back to the Studios for the last time. The High School Musical tour was performing along the Studio and I thought it be a good it be a good idea to watch some of the show. Now I realise this franchise has its critics and many feel it has no place inside a Disney park. Personally while I enjoy the soundtrack Iíve never really seen HSM before and I wouldnít call myself a fan, but do feel by giving it a park tie in that it enhances the park experience. So it gets the thumbs up from me.

After taking a few more pictures plus lots of video I visited the gift shop one last time and left for the very last time on this trip. Seeing all the work that has been done and all the continuing work Iím a bit more optimistic about the Studios future. I look forward to visiting again further down the line.

Arrived back at DLP and made my way over to Discoveryland to watch an English showing of the Lion King. After that I rode Big Thunder which I waited 40 minutes for the longest wait all trip, except Crush. Happy to point out DLRP was very busy today compare to the rest of the week. Weather took a turn for the worst and I left and headed back to the hotel to finish packing and get ready for leaving. Around 9ish I went back to the Disney Village to enjoy a meal at McDonalds and pick up some last minute gifts. Before taking the coach back to hotel one last time and retiring to my room for the last time this trip.

• Senior Minion

Great trip report - a regular cliffhanging serial!

What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Fantastic report. Sorry to hear about Mission 2 being a let down. More the reason for them to change it back to From the Earth to the Moon, along with the return of the old area loops! If only they would listen...
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeaís Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.
    It was a small rucksack but I had expensive stuff like my DVD Video camera in it so I didn't want to risk taking it on the more intense attractions. Personally there are some attractions you just don't want to take your rucksack on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast