Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Coming soon...

Talking Yay! 13 days left until my DL Paris Holiday!

I'm so happy. 2 weeks today until I pack my bags and head on over to DLRP on 21st October - 24th October.

Is there anything special happening while I'm there? New parades? Fireworks?

Anyone else in DLRP at this point?

Anything people want to find out about while I'm there? Confirm the missing Hell hound of PM?

NOTE: I can't meet anyone, as I'm with my parents, and they don't like me meeting people from the internet.

I might post a Trip Report, but I don't like putting pics of myself on the internet, so the pics won't be of me or my family.
    Last edited by Scorchio; 10-08-2007 at 08:14 AM.

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Yay! 2 weeks left until my DL Paris Holiday!

I'd say 'have a good time' but it's simply unnecessary, I know you'll have a good time. Strangely I'm there the day before you, not that it'd make a difference anyway! Apart from the dog's keys and the hellhound there's nothing really i wanna find out. What is it with dogs :S

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Halloween will be in full swing but sadly there will be no new parade, as this is the 15th Anniversary year.

Not sure about fireworks as I think DLRP does host some party nights with a fireworks display at an extra cost.

A trip report would be great and don't worry about posting pics of yourself. A lot of us on here like to hide our identity. While others love to show pics as a way to promote them selves! I'm kind of in between as I do have a few pics of myself online but only for MySpace and Facebook purposes.

Have a good time, and if you get time you could check up on that missing hound for us.

• Coming soon...

/\ thanks both of you. I'll try to get some pcitures of both of the dogs. Though I hope both will be present and with keys.

I've never been during Halloween, so this'll be a new experience for me. However, I don't like to see my favourite land (Frontierland) runined too badly

• Pirate - G'har!

I know how you feel, I'm desparately hoping Halloween won't ruin the park, I hate the thought of first-timers going at Halloween. I hope the hellhound doesn't have keys...

I like to have a mysterious e-dentity...mwahahahaha

• Banned User

I visited just before Halloween when all the decorations were being put up. It made no difference or ruined the experience for me. But the bad neglect on the other hand sadly did. Scorchio and fizzog feel free to bring your paint brushes along. I'm actually considering a trip over to Disneyland Paris for both Halloween and Christmas next year. just to take in the atsmophere of something differnt. So let us know if the Halloween event is worth a short trip or not.

• Pirate - G'har!

Will do, but I'm talking about the impression it creates for first-timers, no one wants to see Main Street turned orange

• Banned User

Probarely not but I still don't think any first timers will mind. The Halloween decorations enhance the park in my opinion and it doesn't take anything away from the experience for a first timer.

• Senior Minion

If a first timer is there at that time of year, odds on it's because they were attracted by the Halloween stuff in the first place. Hence, they won't mind the 'ruination' of Main Street. Ironically, those souls may return in the summer and hate Main Street in it's original state. Horses for courses.
    What I can't understand is how some people can love the fact that the park is covered in Xmas decorations and loath the presence of the Halloween ones. Diversity people! It's what makes the world go 'round! Oh, and money. And love may be in there somewhere too...

Oh, and two weeks time... isn't that (duh duh duuuuuuh!) half term?! Watch out for them there pesky <insert name of foreign nationality of choice here>!
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 10-07-2007 at 01:49 PM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Half-term in two weeks it is. I just think Halloween decorations are, well, hideous, garish, totally out of place in a MK Park as opposed to dainty, magical xmas ones. That's just me though

• Membre

Have a great stay. As it's your first DLRP Halloween trip, you might be a bit surprised with the decorations. I usually say that what's great with Halloween at DLRP is that it only last 1 month...
    Have fun anyway!

• World Traveler

We'll be there the day AFTER you depart! I look forward to your trip report!

• Coming soon...

Quite right, I am going during half term. And, yes, I will be a 'DUH, DUH-DURRRN' British Foreigner on holiday!

As much as I'm looking forward to the holiday, nothing that I want to ride has been added since I last went. I don't want to ride Crush or Cars, and ToT won't be ready yet . On the other hand, PotC will actually be open this time, as I haven't ridden it in 5 years. Luckily for me, this will be my 6th visit to DLRP (9th Disney resort holiday), and will be my first ever 'festive period' Disney holiday, so the decorations will all be new to me.

• Senior Minion

You don't want to ride Crush???!

Go Figure!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    I don't want to ride Crush
    Is the ride too extreme for you???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast