Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

Wow. those projections look so cool. I am very impressed. Based on pictures from other parks I have not seen projection effects like that. Magnifique
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Disney Memory Maker

Which parts did they cut out to make it shorter? Was it more or less the same show (just shortened)?

I am going to keep a neutral position until I see a video of it. From the pictures though, the castle projections look really cool. As for the logo, isn't it more or less the same logo as WDW's version?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Membre

A very good quality video of Wishes can be downloaded from PhotosMagiques.com :
    http://www.photosmagiques.com/videos/index.php

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

It's actually pretty good, thanks olivier

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disney Memory Maker

I just saw the video and here is what I think. As a firework show, it would get an D-. There are just the low level fireworks. In previous firework shows, did they have the normal highflying fireworks? The fireworks they did have seemed to be randomly shot, with no choreography.

As a nighttime spectacular though, I'd give it an A+. That castle is so cool. I would kill to have those effects at WDW. The projections are so cool, the begining with the outlines were so cool and the lasers are so cool. I don't know how they do it, but the castle literally fades into darkness into the begining. I for one think the castle easily makes up for the lack of fireworks. How exactly do they achieve those effects? Also, does anyone know how much it would cost (if at all possible) to place on WDW's castle?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

I just saw the video and here is what I think. As a firework show, it would get an D-. There are just the low level fireworks. In previous firework shows, did they have the normal highflying fireworks? The fireworks they did have seemed to be randomly shot, with no choreography.
    No, they can't use big fireworks because of the surrounding villages!!!! Why don't Disney Fans get this??? Big fireworks is only allowed on Bastille Day (14th july) and New Year.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1982
    No, they can't use big fireworks because of the surrounding villages!!!! Why don't Disney Fans get this??? Big fireworks is only allowed on Bastille Day (14th july) and New Year.
    I'm sorry, I did not know. I've never been to Paris, nor have I seen videos of their past firework shows. It's ashame, because, they really would have made this a superb firework show.

I still think it's a "D-" firework show though. Even the few fireworks Fantasmic! has is more choreographed than the one's in DLP's Wishes.

-Michael

• Membre

I'm off to Paris and I'll see Wishes tonight!!!
    I'll let you know what I think about it...

Just saw the video and it looks pretty great to me! I mean just check out the green lightning bolts on the castle. And smart move to do the majority in English!
    - Milo

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

That's because the show is originally english, it's from WDW!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disney Memory Maker

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the previous firework show at DLP? I'm just curious to compare it to Wishes.

-Michael

• Banned User

I will be at DLP on August 30th...hopefully they will perform "Wishes" that evening.. I am dying to see what it's like and to ride SP:M2.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

who gives a #$%^. you can stil go home and have the real paris.

• Banned User

Easy boy!!! Why the outburst!?!? This is a "Disney" fan board and everyone is entitled to their opinions on Disney which is why some here give a #$%^ as you put it.

Now...Euro Stephan... I just watched the video and will have to say that apart from the prissy male voice that introduces all of the shows at DLP and the lack of some real high altitude pyro, DLP's Wishes looks pretty nice to me. The projections and lasers do add a lot and I for once would love it if we had those effects at WDW. So exactly what were you expecting? Just curious.

TDLFAN i think that the Star Nights will end on August 29 .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast