Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    280

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    That's because the show is originally english, it's from WDW!
    How obvious ! But there are other things completely in french like some of the darkrides, while they are also sort of from the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland! You see my point...
    - Milo

  2. #32

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,925
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Actually I do see your point but your kind of wrong, there really not gonna redo the full Wishes Audio into french, they redo the dark rides into french because there different, Wishes Is Wishes, the dark rides are changed, and there different!






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  3. #33

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Actually I do see your point but your kind of wrong, there really not gonna redo the full Wishes Audio into french, they redo the dark rides into french because there different, Wishes Is Wishes, the dark rides are changed, and there different!
    Plus, it probably would cost a lot because the entire score may of had to be changed (what is 3 words in english may be 12 words in french or vice versa)

    -Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  4. #34

    • No bacon; sausage.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    440

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Well, looking past its relative crappiness, any tips on the best viewing locations to make it less crappy? Are the crowds in late October such that we'd have to get to a good viewing spot early?

  5. #35

    • Hitchhiker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    607

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Well, looking past its relative crappiness, any tips on the best viewing locations to make it less crappy? Are the crowds in late October such that we'd have to get to a good viewing spot early?
    Yeah, you'd be early, because Wishes will have a break after 28th of August and next time it'll be shown by christmas season.

  6. #36

    • No bacon; sausage.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    440

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
    Yeah, you'd be early, because Wishes will have a break after 28th of August and next time it'll be shown by christmas season.
    Haha, thanks. Yeah, as beautiful as DLP is, I don't think I could (or would be allowed) to wait on Main Street for 2 months to see the show.

    On the plus side, this saves us the difficult decission whether to spend time on a show that would pale in comparrison to Remember or not.

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    280

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Plus, it probably would cost a lot because the entire score may of had to be changed (what is 3 words in english may be 12 words in french or vice versa)

    -Michael
    The would not have to change the whole score.
    The French think their language is so superior to others, so they dub every movie (including Disney pictures). And do you think they change the score of for example Alladin? I don't think so either! They dont translate it literally.

    Originally Posted by Evan-500
    ..they redo the dark rides into french because there different, Wishes Is Wishes, the dark rides are changed, and there different!
    Well according to this thread and all the people who have seen it, Wishes is not Wishes.
    But I'll be going to DLRP soon, so I can see for myself!
    - Milo

  8. #38

    • ...or just Tonny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    337

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Just saw the video and to me, it didn't look all that bad actually. So this thing is goig to run during the christmas season? That'd be so cool - I really missed fireworks last year! But is this confirmed already? The official website doesn't say anything abot it yet...

    I do still believe "Euro Disney" should never have been built in France though. Sue it might've been the best financial deal at the time, but look at the problems now - no high-flying fireworks it seems, and all the linguistic mess the park is. Oh well...

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    I thought the new fireworks launching system would make it possible to launch bigger shells as the system avoids smoke and noise

  10. #40

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    I can hear the stinkin' video, but can't see anything-the screen is black. Judging from the audio, the cut from Aladdin's wish to the genie section is absolutely terrible. Other than that, it's exactly the same with French stuffed in.

  11. #41

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    It skipped the hercules and love sections. In WDW, those segments are used to showcase the low level fireworks (like at the end of the hercules part) and some fireworks that need to be high (heart shaped, etc). Including those segments would be pointless as it would just have been more of the same.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  12. #42

    • Membre
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montpellier, France
    Posts
    973

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    I saw Wishes with euro disney stefan last thursday.
    The show itself is very pretty, and some effects are really cool!
    However, it still has some bad points :
    - this is not a real firework.
    - It's very short.

    Go watch the show and make your own opinion.

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    - this is not a real firework. - It's very short .
    So why does DLRP advertise it as a SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS ? That means they lies all the times now for Space Mission 2 as a new Ride and Wishes as a Fireworks .
    HKDL : Done !!!

  14. #44

    • Membre
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montpellier, France
    Posts
    973

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot
    So why does DLRP advertise it as a SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS ? That means they lies all the times now for Space Mission 2 as a new Ride and Wishes as a Fireworks .
    Actually you're right. I still appreciated the show, but it's true they advertised Wishes using fake pictures. There were a lot like this one in Paris (see pic below).

    PHOTO: DLRPMAGAZINE.com

    Official Wishes pictures can be seen here:
    http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/110.php?..._from=&ucat=1&

  15. #45

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

    Perhaps it would do a little better (at least in people's reactions) if they branded this as a nighttime spectacular instead of a Spectacular Fireworks.

    -Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
  2. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!
    By captsmith84 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 05:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •