Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: WHISHES - Paris version is a complete "CRAP"

Hello TDLFAN - well I do like the Disneyland Park in Paris a lot, and I also like some attractions at the Walt Disney Studios a lot. It is true that I am very critical as I believe that it can always be better than it is.

when it comes to shows, parades or fireworks, they either need to remain on the same level as the one they replaced or be better.

Unfortunately WISHES is not on the same level as FANTASY IN THE SKY. I also think that the adverts and information given are missleading. In our cast news it was said that there will be shells exploding 300 meters over the castle. It says FIREWORKS SPECTECULAR in every brochure - I'm sorry but it is a light & music show.

it is true that the show looks nice on the video - but in front of the castle - it is boring. Most of the time you just hear the music and see the projection on the castle. There are a very few fireworks at certain moments - even the end is not spectecular and I can tell you that I watched the show four times already and I just can't stand it. I also noticed that people applaud at the end, but they keep staring at the castle as they wait for some fireworks and then you hear the announcement "Disneyland Park will now close....."

I just got back from the cast member preview and I need to tell you that I am ashamed for the fireworks.
    It is horrible. There is bearly any fireworks in it. It's more music and laser and after 5 minutes I was wishing that it stops.
    I hope that somebody will post a video pretty soon and I am sure that you share my opinion.
    It is quite short and you do not get the storyline as the blue ferry speaks french and Jiminy speaks english.Stefan
    I feel very sorry: I just came back from the Cast Member Party and saw "Wishes". I have seen the WDW version and there's nothing to do with that one, no wait, there's nothing to do with any firework!!!! I just felt so.... ashamed being Cast Member this time. I just thought "God! How do they dare?". There's nothing interesting to see. You have lots of video projections on the Castle, you got lasers too but no big bang, no big shell, nothing. Just few pyros on boths sides of the Castle.... The music is wonderful but even the projections are badly done. Most of the time, it takes time to guess what's projected.... I really feel so sorry this time. I was so enthousiastic about that. I had lots of memories of WDW's Wishes I was so happy to find it back here in Paris. I agree it has been said this was supposed to be an adapted version.... Yeah!!!! Highly adapted!!!!! In an article in our internal newspaper, they said we should have rockets that could reach 300 meters high in the sky!!!!!! Tonight, the max altitude was few meters above the top of the Castle...so something like 50 meters!!!!! (or I just cross fingers they really had issues with some pyros that couldn't be launched as the supposed to be big shells..... I give another chance for the display of tomorrow).

You guys can do the difference: if you watch the display and if you dislike it please go to City Hall!!!!!! Let them know!!!!! Our new President is Quality oriented and I'm sure that if they receive lots of complaints about the quality of that "show", they may urgently change it.......
    I think people should put this all in to perspective. DLP is not WDW and so any attraction, show, parade or fireworks can not be directly compared. I just think it is great there is any form of firework show. DLP have not made a really big thing of wishes, it is only the rumours that have got everyone’s expectations high. I personally think that DLP have done a great job, and by continually putting down what they are trying to achieve with limited funds will only stop people from going, which then means reduced numbers, which then mean reduced income and then eventually no park. This group is effectively a publicity site for DLP, and by continually putting down their efforts potential guests are being discouraged from visiting. Let’s try to be positive about any changes or additions that are made within the parks and show our support and be thankful for the little piece of Disney we have in Europe.
    Disneyland is more than 10000 visitors a day over budget and I can tell you that if our resort would have spent a little more on Wishes they could have a wonderful word to mouth publicity and the whole paris area would just ran into the park.
    The display was never billed as being as big as the MK version, infact the slogan is "A STORY so big only the summer sky can hold it"... not "DISPLAY".

I too did have high hopes for the display considering they spent a year on it, but I am still optimistic for the overall effect. I would be kind of dissapointed if there were less fireworks than Tinks though. I'm not expecting wonders, but a "cute" display with original effects .Kris
    I am a cast member as well and need to confirm to you that the fireworks used for July 14 and Tinks were 100 times better than Wishes. It is really a pitty, because they barely used fireworks at all. The lightning ceremony at christmas is more spectacular to my opinion.
    If my daughter was older (she's 6 weeks old), we wouldn't bother with DLP at all. We'd go to DL or maybe WDW. But I suppose I'm stuck eating hamburger instead of steak when it comes to quality for the next few years. It's really sad - 1st Le Visionarium is ripped out, then Space Mountain is ruined, now a let down fireworks show. No wonder I'm not that excited now about Buzz, Toonstudios and Buzz. I just can't help but think DLP will screw them up. I think I'm going to sell my shares on Monday.
    What's the point in calling the show "Wishes" if it's completely different to the WDW original? If you put on a show called "Wishes" in a Disney park, people will have VERY high expectations, because "Wishes" is the best fireworks display ever! Imagine if Andrew Lloyd Webber put on another show called "Cats" which was just two people break dancing to the sounds of cats meowing. It'd be a total dissapointment. I did notice something interesting on DLP's official site. They keep saying "don't close your eyes, or you'll miss it". Perhaps thats a clue that there are VERY few fireworks? Alan
    And i agree with Alan. Why call it Wishes if it's something completely else? Even though they never ment a fireworks spectaculair like in Florida, they certainly make some assocations. Didn't they even talk about getting the succesful fireworks from Orlando to Paris, adjusted to European tastes of course ?
    I watched the video clips. The show doesn't look bad. The laser firework effects in particular are very nice, and unlike anything I've seen before. BUT, this show isn't Wishes. Call it something else and I'd be happy. Call it Wishes and that's false advertising. It makes me wonder... will Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast REALLY be Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters? And will WDS's ToT REALLY be DCA's ToT? Will these clones really be as good as the originals, or will they be totally different, sharing only the name?
    From watching the videos, is it my imagination or is there no flying Tinkerbell??
    Okay......it's not Wishes! When you compare it to the WDW version, then this a big disappointment.
    Somehow, I don't think it's going to be all that great because DLP just keeps replacing good stuff with inferior stuff, but we'll see...
    In the group of CMs I was with on Friday, it was met with lukewarm but sort of positive reactions. The opinions of the group of fans on Saturday ranged from "liked it, but not as a fireworks show" to "worst... thing... ever!"
    Well, I see what they want to achieve - cut down the expensive fireworks parts and replace by cheap, reusable laser projections. Given the state their wallet is in, I can understand. But please don't call it "Wishes" and reuse the music - it was written for true fireworks.
    I think "virtualization" can work - if they are used together with fireworks, see Illuminations. Half of that show is "virtual" - but not projecting cheap lasers onto an unsuitable target (castle). If the shift towards laser is so dramatic, it's sheer desperation. I'll wait to hear from others if it's really that bad, or if they complement each other.
    Today we had the first guests complaining about "WISHES" and I am glad they do it.
    I remember that I said "The Walt Disney Studios are small, but there are nice attractions and the park will grow". Today I need to say - "NO - the Walt Disney Studios are horrible and ressamble more a parking than a park and I think there is a reason why the Imagineer in charge is no longer part of the company."
    I am sorry to say so, but Tinkerbell is much better and I enjoyed it a lot - Wishes is a very short version of Orlando's fireworks and I do not understand why advertisements, posters and the park map show the castle with a huge fireworks display.
    IT IS JUST BAD AND I WISH THEY REPLACE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE"

It's a nice way to end a day at Disneyland but it's not a show that makes you cry, laugh.. It's not breathtaking, It's not "émouvant" (I dont know the English word to say this).
    It's not something you will remember for the rest of your life. There is'nt magic at all in the show (only the song is pure magic).

http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboar...id=66455&page=

These are a mix of replies that have already been forwarded to Senior Management at Disneyland Resort Paris.
    Here's hoping that someone in the "powers that be" will realise that "Washes" is NOT the success that Karl HOLZ may have hoped for...

Hope this helps.
    As for myself, I work for DLRP, and would like to apologize in advance for "Wishes" to all guests (future and present). I also think it is a load of C***

Perhaps by letting Management know your views directly, instead of posting messages on to an internet site may help to improve the "quality" of this "messtacle".

To contact Karl HOLZ, Président Directeur Générale of Disneyland Resort Paris : [email protected]

To contact Francois LEROUX, Vice Président Spectacles of Disneyland Resort Paris:
    [email protected]

Hope this helps,

ME ENTERTAINMENT

• insufferable know-it-all

(impressive 1st post!)

So it seems DLP has the same "neighborhood" problem that DL does with the fireworks?

Is there a legal limit on the fireworks that says they can only be big aerial fireworks on Bastille Day, or is this an assumption? I mean, Disney can only do as good as they can do, but on the other hand, they've been known to use things as excuses to cover up being too cheap to make a good show.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Is there a video anywhere else on the web that I could watch of Wishes because I have tried and tried and tried, but I cannot get that video posted earlier to play on my computer. I have tried every viewing format on my computer including Real Player, Windows Media Player, AOL Media player, and even MSN's media player. IT WON'T PLAY !! Help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    (impressive 1st post!)

So it seems DLP has the same "neighborhood" problem that DL does with the fireworks?

Is there a legal limit on the fireworks that says they can only be big aerial fireworks on Bastille Day, or is this an assumption? I mean, Disney can only do as good as they can do, but on the other hand, they've been known to use things as excuses to cover up being too cheap to make a good show.
    remeber makes me question how much DL's neighbor problem is

from what's been posted on this thread seems like DLP has an even worse problem and I thought DLP had a ton more land then DL

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Is there a video anywhere else on the web that I could watch of Wishes because I have tried and tried and tried, but I cannot get that video posted earlier to play on my computer. I have tried every viewing format on my computer including Real Player, Windows Media Player, AOL Media player, and even MSN's media player. IT WON'T PLAY !! Help please!!
    I used RealPlayer 10 to watch it, maybe that version or a newer one works.

It was a good fireworks show but not as impressive as Magic Kingdom's Wishes nor as the advertisement pictures. The castle projections are very cool and amazing, though.

• Banned User

I downloaded the DivX player and finally got it working!

The projections in this version are amazing!!!! For me, the lighting and projections are absolutely amazing and make up for a HUGE lack of fireworks. I could see how they substituted some of the high level fireworks like the blue stars with low level blue bursts. The low level fireworks that they are use are still pretty cool. This version of Wishes is indeed more of a light show and less of a "fireworks spectacular" like some had mentioned before and how the marketing make it seem. It certainly pales in comparison to MK's Wishes and definatley DL's Remember, but I still LOVE the lighting-especially those green lasers and outlines of the castle.

• is satisfactual.

Okay, when I saw the video I nagged quite a bit, but I just came back from the park and saw it twice and I've changed my mind. It's really quite enjoyable. It's not spectacular in that sense where you feel like you're watching half of Donald Trump's fortunes blow up in mid-air, like the shows at Disney World and Disneyland, but for some reason it felt like a mixture of cute and sufficient. They can't afford to let go of a single shell though, as the current amount of pyro is literally just enough to make for a fireworks show that can use the word "fireworks" in its name. But it's a very enchanting closure, plus the lasers that remain afterwards are the perfect thing to burn on your corneas as a final sight of the park.

I wish they'd permanently pull those annoying stops out of Fantillusion, though, as it's really starting to demand too much of my patience. They can't stretch that little parade for five hours by thinking inflatable villains will make people forget they've been standing amongst smoking French people for about five hours.

Not that you have to stand there long these days, as even mid-summer nights aren't exactly busy. Which is depressing. But we'll save that for a new topic.

I also saw Wishes twice and I think it is not bad at all! I liked it very much. It's actually quitte good for a show. No it's not a 'firework spectacular', but its very entertaining . I was really amazed by the quality of projections.
    The fireworks are not the show, they are part of the show!

And about the Fantillusion parade, the stops did not bother me at all. It's not as if the whole show stops, there's enough happening during such a stop.
    - Milo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234