• Rock The World

Another attraction!

News just in: the former Dinsey Channel Tour building is to welcome yet another attraction within the next two years, when Playhouse Disney: Live On Stage opens in the former Zapping Zone studio space.
    I should clarify that this isn't the same Zapping Zone studio space that was originally featured on the tour,(where "Stitch Live!" is currently being installed), but a larger stage, towards the rear of the building, where the show moved after the tour was adapted in late 2002.
    The live show will have a separate entrance to Stitch Live! but both shows will share an exit - the space that previously housed the Cyberspace Mountain attraction.

Personally, I think this is pretty good news. While Playhouse Live isn't an E-ticket by any stretch of the imagination, it is putting the cavernous (and, to date) useless Disney Channel building to some use. It's also very popular with young families in the US, is cheap to set up and take down again, and sticks to the Disney Channel theme. So, not big news at all, but a nice little bonus, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• FuseMP

Re: Another attraction!

So is this likely to be a copy of the current Playhouse Disney Live or will we go straight to the newer version planned for Hollywood Studios.

While I think it's a shame to lose Bear, having the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse brought into the show is a great idea. I just wonder if they will do it to look like the CGI characters, or if they will use standard costumes and just add the scenery and gadgets like the Mousekadoer etc.

Anyway, great news!
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Senior Minion

Language barrier alert!

Different shows ala Lion King or mixed language ala Animagique?

Either way, pretty good news although NDJnr will probably be too old for it by the time it appears!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• FuseMP

I would say it would be FAR better done using seperate showings ala Lion King. Although I thought Animagique was exellent, I would rather they do seperate language shows on that too.

Too old? I don't know about that. I found Playhouse Disney Live entertaining and if the Fab 5 are put in as the clubhouse hosts of the show it will take the age barrier out quite a bit. Pooh appeals to more than just little kids as well; and I think Jo Jo is one of the best kids shows.

If only they could find a way to mix video footage of the Doodlebops into the show too in a way that would satisfy the "Live" component.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Rock The World

Considering that Stich Live! will be using the same language set-up as Lion King, it would make sense for Playhouse to follow suit, otherwise Disney are going to have a lot of confused guests on their hands.

The news that both shows will share the same exit puts paid to my secret hope of a giant Stitch-themed shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Pirate - G'har!

What a wonderful li'l addition, and something for the kids that isn't necessarily brash toony. Hello again y'all btw!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm in favour of this to, while the Studios doesn't exactly need another new show. I'm sure the target audience will be thrilled.

• Banned User

Maybe the reason why I am not thrilled.

• TheDisneyMagic

I think it is great to get this here in the studios, I would like to see them follow suite with the Lion King using different shows for the languages, from personal experience this system works better than attractions that mix the language throughout.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I am thrilled about this one. We really enjoyed PHD at MGM, and are looking forward to it at DCA next year, and WDS the year after before our DD gets too old.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

From DLRP Magic:

Not content with Crush’s Coaster, Cars Quatre Roues Rallye, High School Musical On Tour, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Stitch Live, officials and Imagineers at Walt Disney Studios Park are said to already be lining up their next new attraction.

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!, the puppet and character show from Disney-MGM Studios and Disney’s California Adventure, is now strongly rumoured to set up home in another of the empty television stages within Walt Disney Television Studios — the same building where, come March 2008, we’ll be able to see Stitch Live, forming a double act of live, interactive shows.

The trustworthy source La Rouquine on Disney Central Plaza forum claims the show is now a confirmed future plan for the Studios, likely to launch for the 2009 season.

In both Florida and California, the show is presented in a soundstage-style building with guests young and old sitting on the floor, a series of “hanging” sets interchanging automatically on stage to present the worlds of Bear in the Big Blue House, JoJo’s Circus and Book of Pooh, amongst others. A live presenter carries the show, which features both puppetry and regular stand-up characters, encouraging young children to dance and clap along to their favourite television stars.

The show seems a perfect match for the park’s real Disney Channel studios, which originally hosted the actual Playhouse Disney continuity set for some time, on the stage where Stitch Live is now under preparation. With guests seated on the floor, costs would be minimal and the attraction would finally answer the calls of many parents visiting the resort whose children want to meet these stars. Disney has been putting a great deal of effort into its ‘Playhouse’ brand in recent years, including using it to introduce young children to Mickey Mouse for the first time with “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”.

Where could this rumoured Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage attraction go? Well, the television building is far larger than many might realise. Since its inauguration in late 2001, Disney Channel France have gradually used less and less of the television production facilities built exclusively for them, handing them over instead to park operations and using the building instead as their main office headquarters and the channel’s “playout” centre.

Take a look at our exclusive map…

Beyond the stage most likely to be used for Stitch Live, a third stage of the same enormous size, perhaps larger, lies towards the back of the building. Its elongated shape would suit the live show format well, and with some realignment of doors the stage could certainly link directly through to use Disney Channel CyberSpace as its post-show, as has also been rumoured. Earlier rumours suggested new automatic doors will lead from the Stitch Live auditorium into the post-show area.

La Rouquine claims the show’s entrance would be located right next to that of Stitch Live. Noting the backstage corridors between the soundstages shown above and breaking into some pure speculation, it would be perfectly possible for Stitch to use the area marked “Pre-Show Area” for its pre-show, whilst Playhouse Disney guests could be ushered through the former “Channel Playout” backstage viewing area towards the third stage.

Now of course, we can’t forget those rumours — which are still surprisingly quiet — of the Stars and Motor Cars Parade coming to the park from Florida, either. Whilst many suggested that the vehicles in this parade hosting Playhouse Disney characters would be cut immediately, the addition of an attraction dedicated to the channel’s characters would say otherwise — and add more credibility to rumours of the parade itself one day arriving.

Speaking of Florida, their plans to rename Disney MGM Studios to Disney’s Hollywood Studios include an update of their own Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! attraction in February 2008. The current round of characters will be replaced with even fresher faces from shows such as “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”, “Little Einsteins” and “Handy Manny”. When — or should we still say, “if” — the show arrives at Walt Disney Studios Park, it will be this newer version of the show.

• Mickey is not my Brother

What is Stitch Live I cant seem to find any info on it and I am really intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Maybe the reason why I am not thrilled.
    But I thought that you loved Playhouse Disney with Jim Henson's Bear.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

I believe stitch live is just like Turtle talk but with stitch. There is currently a version of this stitch show in HK Disneyland