Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Trip Report - October 25 - 28 (with pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post

We were given an awful room at the Newport Bay Club, facing the front entrance. The room was not very well maintained and since there was no air conditioning, we had to keep the balcony door opened. It was SO noisy outside. It was really awful. I would not stay here again.

Yep, the NBC, great to look at, horrible to stay at. Whereas the Hotel New York may not look great on the outside, but it is the best hotel at DLP to stay at!!! So for future ref, stay at the HNY with a view of the NBC (win win)
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Lovely pics thanks for posting!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Wow! Thanks for the great Trip Report!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• TheDisneyMagic

Great trip report, DLP is truely beautiful, you are right about ToT, they have been recently testing the ride system with people (the press) on board.

• Banned User

Mikey, thanks for the great report and photos. Too bad I missed seeing you in Paris this past weekend. I was glad you were able to get home.

Of course... Your Queen Mary2 pics and report are also great! Who needs DLP after a transatlantic ride on the Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland
    And the most beautiful entrance to any Disney theme park worldwide - under the Disneyland Hotel.
    I dunno... I think the Miracosta entrance into TDS tops that, but that's just me. Of course, I won't argue the Fantasia Gardens are a major plus here. But I remember them as they were on opening day, and the current state is not as great. I regret they removed the elephant topiaries that used to shoot water from the trunks! I still miss them.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-30-2007 at 09:26 PM.

• Minion

Great report. I liked that you included the pictures of London because if I ever go to DLP that's probably where I'll be passing through to get there.

great report thanks for sharing .

i wish i could i was there with you . but when i see how people wear those heavy Coats it makes me happy to be here in Central Florida .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I dunno... I think the Miracosta entrance into TDS tops that, but that's just me.
    I think the MiraCosta's facade is more elaborate, but the Disneyland Hotel is very pretty indeed. Both are very close in my book for the most beautiful entrance to a Disney park.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I think the MiraCosta's facade is more elaborate, but the Disneyland Hotel is very pretty indeed. Both are very close in my book for the most beautiful entrance to a Disney park.
    The MiraCosta is indeed very beautiful, but it could very well be in Vegas, Italy or some other location, whereas the Disneyland Hotel, with the Mickey Mouse clock and turn of the century design is pure Disney.

• Minion

The MiraCosta is indeed very beautiful, but it could very well be in Vegas, Italy or some other location, whereas the Disneyland Hotel, with the Mickey Mouse clock and turn of the century design is pure Disney.
    The MiraCosta is a step above the theming found at Las Vegas, particularly the Venetian in my opinion. I agree that the Disneyland Hotel looks and feels more dreamlike, but both are extremely effective in their presentation and setting. The MiraCosta prepares guests for Mediterranean Harbor, while the Disneyland Hotel prepares them for Main Street, USA. It's hard to choose a favorite between these two for me, but I think the MiraCosta's exterior is more detailed and immersive.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    The MiraCosta is a step above the theming found at Las Vegas, particularly the Venetian in my opinion. I agree that the Disneyland Hotel looks and feels more dreamlike, but both are extremely effective in their presentation and setting. The MiraCosta prepares guests for Mediterranean Harbor, while the Disneyland Hotel prepares them for Main Street, USA. It's hard to choose a favorite between these two for me, but I think the MiraCosta's exterior is more detailed and immersive.
    "Detailed" does seem to be your ultimate criterion... The more moldings are pasted on the thing, the better, so to say. I can see that, but up to a point. While the overload of ornaments and decorations works for MiraCosta, which is supposed to be a whole block of Italian buildings after all, it would never work for the Disneyland Hotel, which is elegant, symmetrical and monochromatic. It does not need more details and is an almost flawless piece of Imagineering real estate.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 10-31-2007 at 02:40 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    "Detailed" does seem to be your ultimate criterion... The more moldings are pasted on the thing, the better, so to say. I can see that, but but up to a point. While the overload of ornaments and decorations works for MiraCosta, which is supposed to be a whole block of Italian buildings after all, it would never work for the Disneyland Hotel, which is elegant, symmetrical and monochromatic. It does not need more details and is an almost flawless piece of Imagineering real estate.
    I agree, and I actually prefer the backside of the MiraCosta versus the extremely detailed side facing the main entrance:

Lakeland Florida......40 minutes from WDW.

Adam had the Grilled beef sirloin, béarnaise sauce, mixed vegetables and roast potatoes.
    Great TR ML! (Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise.)
    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    "Detailed" does seem to be your ultimate criterion...
    That would be "criteria". But...Like the rest of TDS, the hotel lives up to that level of details, which frankly, not even beautiful DLP has imho...

While the overload of ornaments and decorations works for MiraCosta, which is supposed to be a whole block of Italian buildings after all, it would never work for the Disneyland Hotel, which is elegant, symmetrical and monochromatic.
    And up until last year, in pretty bad condition, with rotten wood panels, hundreds of burnt lightbulbs on the building's facades, and faded paint
    in just about everywall on the outside. Those problems with recurrent maintenance are yet to be seen at the Miracosta, which is as elegant as anything else Disney has built for the upper crust.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That would be "criteria". But...Like the rest of TDS, the hotel lives up to that level of details, which frankly, not even beautiful DLP has imho...

And up until last year, in pretty bad condition, with rotten wood panels, hundreds of burnt lightbulbs on the building's facades, and faded paint
    in just about everywall on the outside. Those problems with recurrent maintenance are yet to be seen at the Miracosta, which is as elegant as anything else Disney has built for the upper crust.
    Actually, it would be "criterion" because he was referring to only one standard. Frankly, I think both the MiraCosta and Disneyland Hotel look extremely beautiful. While the MiraCosta may be more elaborate in its design, the Disneyland Hotel's simpler look is just as effective (like pussnboots menioned). And preferences and taste factors in as well. For example, whether you prefer Italian architecture or Victorian? But I agree that the MiraCosta is mainained to a much higher degree, just like the rest of the resort. The same cannot be said for Disneyland Paris unfortunately.

I do not like to compare Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland Paris because they are both very different parks. Both are among the most detailed and beautiful theme parks ever created and while I may appear to favor the former, they are both very close in my opinion. But usually my preference is towards the park I recently visited, as the memories are the freshest. But no worries. After my trip to Paris next year, I'm sure you'll be hearing me praise the beauty of the park much more often (along with critcisms, of course).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)