Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hitchhiker

14.5 million guests! Annual Report

EURO DISNEY S.C.A.
    Reports Annual Results for Fiscal Year 2007

• Revenues increased 12% to € 1,220 million, reflecting volume growth in theme parks
    attendance and hotel occupancy
    • Operating margin at € 51 million, against a prior year loss of € 2 million
    • Net loss reduced by over 50% to € 42 million

(Marne-la-Vallée, November 8, 2007) Euro Disney S.C.A. (the "Company"), parent company of Euro Disney
    Associés S.C.A., operator of Disneyland® Resort Paris, reported today the results for its consolidated group
    (the "Group"), for the fiscal year 2007 which ended September 30, 2007 (the "Fiscal Year").

Revenues for the Fiscal Year increased 12% to € 1,220.3 million primarily reflecting volume growth in theme
    parks attendance and hotel occupancy. Theme parks revenues increased 14% to € 658.6 million, primarily due to
    an increase of 1.7 million in attendance to 14.5 million for the Fiscal Year. Hotels and Disney® Village revenues
    increased 17% to € 483.0 million, driven by a 10% increase in average spending per room and an increase of
    5.8 percentage points in the hotel occupancy rate. Real estate revenues decreased € 10.1 million to € 19.3 million
    due to lower activity during the Fiscal Year.

Costs and expenses for the Fiscal Year increased 7% compared to the prior-year period. This increase was driven
    by additional labor and other direct costs incurred to support the increased Resort activity, labor rate inflation and
    increased marketing expenses. Partially offsetting this increase was a reduction of € 4.9 million in costs and
    expenses related to lower Real estate activity and a € 4.3 million benefit from the favorable settlement of a claim
    related to prior expenses.

Operating margin before depreciation and amortization increased € 57.8 million to € 205.7 million.

Operating margin increased to € 50.8 million, against a prior year loss of € 2 million.

Net financial charges increased 7% over the prior-year period. This increase is primarily related to the
    Disneyland® Park financing agreement, net of increased financial income.

For the Fiscal Year, net loss decreased € 47.0 million to € 41.6 million while net loss attributable to equity holders
    of the parent decreased € 34.7 million to € 38.4 million.

Commenting on the results, Karl L. Holz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S., said:

"This year's results, marked by a positive operating margin, were driven by volume growth in parks attendance
    and hotel occupancy and an increase in average spending per room. In 2007, we kicked off the 15th anniversary
    celebration by introducing a fantastic new parade and compelling new attractions.
    This year's solid performance was made possible through the continued dedication and commitment of all our
    cast members, many of which celebrated their personal 15th anniversary with the Company this year.
    We look forward to continuing the celebration in fiscal year 2008 with the introduction of The Twilight Zone
    Tower of Terror attraction and Stitch Live; new experiences which only Disney can provide.
    In 2008, we will continue to execute our growth strategy and remain focused on driving this business toward
    profitability."

Source: EDL s.c.a. press release
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

Re: 14.5 million guests! Annual Report

Great news. Hopefully, within the next decade or so, this figure will be comparable to what the other 2-park resorts are seeing; about 20 million (Disneyland Resort)- 25 million (Tokyo Disney Resort) guests a year.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Hitchhiker

Investors took it well and EDL s.c.a. stock price is currently +11%.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Investors should be very happy its a good result. Halloween and the upcoming Christmas events should keep attendance going until the official opening of Tower of Terror and Stitch Live. But its after the 15th Anniversary ends and TOT starts loosing its buzz thats got me more concern. Can DLRP keep this momentum up once everything is open or will attendance dip. Personally I'm hoping attendance will continue to grow so it will give the company the go ahead to add more attractions in the coming years.

that very good for Disneyland Paris . I hope that will make the investors and WDC proove that Disneyland Paris is now able to have lots of visitors every years .

Congratulations Disneyland Paris !

See what happens when you invest in new attractions and actually do something that makes people visit...you get more visitors...who would of thought it!

I just hope this gives Euro Disney and Disney the message that Paris is a place that is shouting out for investment! Please fix WDS!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Great news. Hopefully, within the next decade or so, this figure will be comparable to what the other 2-park resorts are seeing; about 20 million (Disneyland Resort)- 25 million (Tokyo Disney Resort) guests a year.
    Well , Both of the other 2-park resorts have a huge,beautiful second park.. (in comparison with the tiny studios).

So I think that they first should make the studios a lot bigger and better, and then a number like 20 million may be possible someday..

• Hola Yola!

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly the resort had a 12% increase in revenues and lost € 42 million which is more than 50% down from its net loss the prior year?

If that's correct then it's all good news, but, wow, those debt repayments seem still to be really killing them. Did it ever reach profitability prior to WDS opening or has it always been running at a loss since opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly the resort had a 12% increase in revenues and lost € 42 million which is more than 50% down from its net loss the prior year?

If that's correct then it's all good news, but, wow, those debt repayments seem still to be really killing them. Did it ever reach profitability prior to WDS opening or has it always been running at a loss since opening?
    No, the resort did reach profits in different times. The first one came in 1995 when space mountain opened to the public. But yes the debt payments are the big problems for the resort and their profits.

But it was a great result indeed. And they broke the 2002 record of 13 millions.
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• World Traveler

They also announced a 100:1 reverse stock split.

• Senior Minion

14.5 million guests? I believe they were all there on the same day as me. Or so it felt.
    The important qusetion is - how many of those 14,500,000 used Skull Rock as a lavatory?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

And I throught it was only Hong Kong Disneyland guest who did that sort of thing

• Minion

ORWEN: No, in Hong Kong Disneyland they don't have a Skull Rock to use as a lavatory. Not yet, anyway. They probably just use Fantasia Gardens for a lavatory.

• Senior Minion

Hey! At my last visit to DLP I witnessed a little Spanish boy 'having a slash' right outside of the Plaza Gardens.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Hey! At my last visit to DLP I witnessed a little Spanish boy 'having a slash' right outside of the Plaza Gardens.
    Disney should re-invent in park web-cams in certain strategic locations.. like Slash Mount.. I mean Skull Rock.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast