Chicken Little Banner to the WDS !!!!!!!

just before to get in the Studio 1 you can see that Disneyland Paris has started the construction of the Chicken Little Banner at the Walt Disney Studios Park .

Walt Disney Studios Park the ugliest place on Earth !!!!!!!!!!
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Chicken Little Banner to the WDS !!!!!!!

OMG look at this bird over the Studios 1 in construction . this will be complete at the end of August .

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Sad thing is its probarely the best bit of theming thats ever gone into the Studios.And that was because it was the Disney Studios that probarely footed the bill for this small piece of promo art for Chicken Little and not EuroDisney.

Talking of the film have the Chicken Little walk around characters been introduced yet to the Studios ?

• UH..LIKE DUH..

in french the poster probly says "the stock is falling".

from SNN on the www.dlp-guidebook.de forum .

Wow, that sucks! Get it off! The entrance was sooo much better without it.
    - Milo

• Banned User

Now that I've actually seen the banner in full I don't think its that bad.And can't understand why everyone is making such a fuss over it.If you were to visit any other movie theme park like Universal or MGM/Disney you get exactly the same.The Studios have movies that need promoting and the park are an ideal tool.At least its not a long term thing.And should be gone by end of the year

• Rock The World

I agree with you Malin - Disney haven't really been taking advantage of their movie-themed park to promote their own films much, and this marks an encouraging turning point. But still, I think it owuld have been better on the OTHER side of Studio 1, where the park needs more eye-catching themes.
    By the way, aren't they also putting up a Chicken Little hoarding across the back end of Animation Courtyard?

• keep moving forward...

i tend to disagree with malin... they said that the fantasia hat in mgm was teporary... and that the incredibly tacky hand over spaceship earth was temporary but apparently they were so "poupuler" that they decided to stay

Malin - I think there's nothing wrong with promoting Disney movies in the park, offcourse it is an ideal location for some promotion. But I think this is more the other way around: it seems to me the banner is promoting the park instead of the park promoting the film! It's just as if entering the 'Chicken Little Park', while there's nothing to do in the park that has got anything to do with the chicken (right?).
    The location Soundtracker named would be more appropriate.
    - Milo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    i tend to disagree with malin... they said that the fantasia hat in mgm was teporary... and that the incredibly tacky hand over spaceship earth was temporary but apparently they were so "poupuler" that they decided to stay
    The sign and the hat were marketing gimicks for theme park celebrations.This Chicken Little thing is simply in place to promote a movie.It would look kind of stupid it still being up in say a years time when the movies come and gone don't you think.

I think if Disney would like to promote upcoming movies why not do what DCA does in the Hollywood Backlot,which is to place up giant posters on the walls of all its building.Its the same trick Universal uses.

Personally I would like Disney to be a bit more imagitive in the way there promote movies from now on(If they don't already).Like have trailers for Chicken Little running though the animation attraction,and show off some concept art.And have walk around characters greet guest,and if Disney are promoting live action movies place a few pops around the studios.

Did they do anything to promote Herbie during the stunt shows ?

• keep moving forward...

ok... you have a point

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Personally I would like Disney to be a bit more imagitive in the way there promote movies from now on(If they don't already).Like have trailers for Chicken Little running though the animation attraction,and show off some concept art. And have walk around characters greet guest,and if Disney are promoting live action movies place a few props around the studios.
    You'll be pleased to hear that the Chicken Little characters will be appearing for Meet 'n' Greets within the next couple of months.
    As for running trailers in the Art of Animation show, Disney already do something like this. In the main show, featuring the presenter and Mushu, a few clips are shown of forthcoming Disney projects. These are generally changed every year.
    I'm not sure if they'll be doing the same thing for Chicken Little though, as the show is based entirely on hand-drawn animation, whereas Chicken Little is computer generated.