Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Post-ToT WDS: Soarin' over good sense

Héhé Merci bien ! Je toucherais u mot à La Rouquine même si le sieur est débordé

About the rumored C-Ticket ride, from what I heard, we can't tell if it's for the Studios or the Disneyland Park. Many guess that it would be a Pooh or Little Mermaid dark ride for Fantasyland.

• Minion

Would Soarin' be an exact copy of the ones in California Adventure and Epcot, or would they change it to reflect the European audience?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• On A Disney World Tour...

there was words about Soaring Over The World renaming... To make sure it could go with any audience. Soaring over different regions of the world would be sweet. I always thought they should have done it for WDW, for an attraction about California there seems rather... rushed into addition. Don't think it would have taken them too long to create anther movie/ride program.

Sure hope they eventually do it for Europe. Soaring is a great attraction, and europeans seems to really enjoy screen/simulator rides. The Futuroscope here is a very popular amusement park, and it's only about screen projection rides... Soaring would be the perfect competition.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Minion

My main complaint about Soarin' is that it has no cohesive storyline at all and very bare theming. The transitions are so jarring and abrupt that it's not clear if you are actually flying in real life, or it's all just a test program to try out the hang gliding technology.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    My main complaint about Soarin' is that it has no cohesive storyline at all and very bare theming. The transitions are so jarring and abrupt that it's not clear if you are actually flying in real life, or it's all just a test program to try out the hang gliding technology.
    The transitions have to be tolerated or you wouldn't have the wide range of locations featured in Soarin' Over California. They could have had you exit through the clouds in each scene and descend from the clouds at the start of each scene but I think that would look tacky.

You're right about the bare theming. I remember Soarin' was originally supposed to have a skylight that showed different planes taking off and landing. It still has a skylight, but no such activity. The pictures of aviation legends is interesting, but you can get that sort of thing at any aviation museum.

Soarin' is still one of the few E-Tickets at DCA. I do think of it as a prototype. After all it was a first. The ride system is especially interesting to me. The story goes that an Imagineer build the first model of Soarin's ride system out of a Knex set.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoo View Post
    Malin, I don't know what your sources are, but they're kind of wrong. Soarin' definitely IS coming to the Studios. That's the next big thing the imagineers will be working on after TOT, Playhouse and a rumored C ticket that could be build with the money left from the 250 millions euros allowed to the expansion.
    Kinoo the information came from very good sources, so watch this space. What I'd like to know is where these Soarin rumours are coming from!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

It should fit in well with the rest of the Studio theme

• Senior Minion

In the absence of Fizzy (where is he?!) I will take this opportunity to vote for a 'Around the World in 80 days' themed Borin' to be placed in Discoveryland.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    In the absence of Fizzy (where is he?!)
    He is probably having a Pochahotas marathon DVD watching session or something!

I second your motion, I don't have anything against the ride/technology of Boarin but feel it really needs a totally immersive, re-rideable theme. If that theme happens to lean towards a film or cinema in a good way then I would have no problem with them building it in WDS. The problem is we all know thats not going to happen, it will be an exact clone of the US versions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    He is probably having a Pochahotas marathon DVD watching session or something!

I second your motion, I don't have anything against the ride/technology of Boarin but feel it really needs a totally immersive, re-rideable theme. If that theme happens to lean towards a film or cinema in a good way then I would have no problem with them building it in WDS. The problem is we all know thats not going to happen, it will be an exact clone of the US versions.
    They could always borrow Tokyo DisneySea's proposed concept, which I believe was either a Pinocchio or Da Vinci theme to fit in with its Mediterranean Harbor. That being said, I guess it could fit in with Fantasyland or Discoveryland.

• Senior Minion

They could always borrow Tokyo DisneySea's proposed concept, which I believe was either a Pinocchio or Da Vinci theme to fit in with its Mediterranean Harbor. That being said, I guess it could fit in with Fantasyland or Discoveryland.
    Da Vinci would fit into Discoveryland quite nicely - and how about an AA of Tom Hanks with a mullet!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12