• The Darkness to Light

Just Like We Dreamed It Song

I just stumbled upon a song that keeps getting linked back to DLP titled "Just Like We Dreamed It." I like the song and the senese of happiness it evokes, but can't help but wonder one thing that I feel I should ask the DLP experts here on MiceChat:

Is this song DLP's 15th Anniversery theme song? And if so, why is there only an English cut of it?

I'm not complaining about there being an English version (TDLFAN can testify to the joy I have whenever TDR releases an English version of one of their Japanese park tracks), but I find it odd that I couldn't find a French version since the song keeps linking back to DLP.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Just Like We Dreamed It Song

Your correct that is the Anniversary song. Its currently being used for the parades show stop, and for Candlebration(Daily Castle Lightening ceremony).

This song as only been recorded and used in English. Unlike at TDR where the large majority of guest all speak Japanese, in Paris the major majority of guest all know English and its more well known in the park than what French is, despite it being in France!

• The Darkness to Light

See, I'm only familar with what happened to Phantom Manor and thought what happen'd there also happen'd across the whole park. That's why I'm a little surprised that DLP is dominately English and not French speaking.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The days of trying to please only the French are long gone. All the newest attractions like Crush and Tower of Terror offer the narration in both French and English. The amazing Lion King Show offers guest a chance to view the show in either French or English, with the English version having up to three showings a day to the two showings the French version get.

• Senior Minion

Also, the main parade songs have always been in English (Dancin', All Around the World, Halloween, etc). The only major opne to incorporate French is the Christmas one.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

I personally believe "Just like we dreamed it" is one of the worst songs ever composed for a Disney parade or celebration. Sounds like disposable Disney Channel pop. Then again, Paris has never been known for great Disney park music.. so nothing new there.

• The Darkness to Light

Well, this is the first thing I've heard out of Paris since the Phantom Manor soundtrack that I like. And much like yourself, I don't like Disney Channel Pop because of how generic it sounds. I can tolerate it, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I personally believe "Just like we dreamed it" is one of the worst songs ever composed for a Disney parade or celebration. Sounds like disposable Disney Channel pop. Then again, Paris has never been known for great Disney park music.. so nothing new there.
    I totally disagree with you on this one. The song is wonderfull, and the parc music is really good

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisneyFanBoy View Post
    I totally disagree with you on this one. The song is wonderfull, and the parc music is really good
    I'm with you here. I've not been to TDR so can't compare to the parades there but I found the Magic Kingdom parade to be dull compared to high energy Paris offerings and Chante, C'est Nöel! is pure Christmas in music form. So there (stamps foot for added effect)

• Banned User

I am NOT comparing the "Just Like we dreamed it" song to just Tokyo stuff but all parks in particular. I still prefer the WDW tencennial Music, DL's 35th party Gras Music, and even the current HKDL theme song to this particular tune. DLP music is memorable and wonderful if you do not know any better. Personally, I have always felt DLP misses the mark with it's music. Oddly enough...besides "C'est Noel", only one show track from DLP went far beyond in scope to what they can possibly produce... the "Rock Shock" soundtrack. Still it was a flop at the park when it opened which goes to show, my expectations and likes do not match those of the general public. And since you all think I tend to favor TDR in every aspect, I will give the upcoming 25th anniversary song the same scrutiny and review if I dislike it.

I also totally disagree! I really like the 'Just like we dreamed it' song! I think it's a lot better the WDW parade song or the one from Disneyland Resort.. It's pop.. but whould you call the WDW and Disneyland Resort songs different than pop?

I think tokyo disneyland just has another style than the european park.. but maybe that's also the people? For example.. I liked our "It's halloween-lo-ween' a lot more than the 'Are you ready for halloween' song..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Japper View Post
    I also totally disagree! I really like the 'Just like we dreamed it' song! I think it's a lot better the WDW parade song or the one from Disneyland Resort.. It's pop.. but whould you call the WDW and Disneyland Resort songs different than pop?
    I am not arguing if you diagree with me. You have the right to your opinion as well, and I actually agree with you on the comparison with WDW's current music. Still, it won't change my mind about "Just Like we dreamed it". Sorry.

I think tokyo disneyland just has another style than the european park.. but maybe that's also the people? For example.. I liked our "It's halloween-lo-ween' a lot more than the 'Are you ready for halloween' song..
    You know... I have to disagree with you on that. DLP's halloween is not an Disney halloween perse and more apt to be enjoyed by adults who like the spooky aspect of it. But if you recall, HKDL did a very scary haunted house this past halloween that even DLP did not come close to replicate in their offering. The only difference between Tokyo and Paris, is that Paris doesn't do much to uphold the traditiones of a Disney park, unlike TDR where this is a must do to maintain the Disney theme as it should be done at a Disney park.
    As for audiences being different... in regards to behaviors? Yes. The japanese will never trash their park the way the europeans do. But in regards to what Disney does to entertain them? NO. On that level, we can all be entertained the same and I am sure that if DLP decided to spend the stamina and money to create a Disney Halloween like TDL does, it would be well received, just like the current parade (and 15th anniversary song) have been which are two things that very well could be done at TDL just the same. Example... the new TDL 25th anniversary will have some similarities to the DLP one.. especially because they were designed by pretty much the same team in CA.