DLRP formal name??

Working on a project where I need the formal name of Disneyland Paris and the Studios. I've searched the web, and this is what I've come up with. Does this look right for the formal name and location of Disneyland Paris?

Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Paris
    Marne-la-Vallee, Chessy, France.

Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Resort Paris
    Marne-la-Vallee, Chessy, France.

Thank you very much.

• is satisfactual.

Re: DLRP formal name??

For once, Wikipedia is actually helpful (possibly because I put it there).

But you are correct anyway. The only addition I could make is that the parks have French names which are used alongside the English ones (Parc Disneyland/Parc Walt Disney Studios). And Marne-la-Vallée has a little accent.

Wonder what the project is though? Is it an academic thing? Not to pry or anything.

Wikipedia was my source. How funny! Thanks for the confirmation. Project is nothing special, i'm just working on a photo collage for each of the parks for a friend, and wanted to be as correct as possible with the Parks' names. Thanks for the help!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So you're at Disneyland Park, not Disneyland Paris?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So you're at Disneyland Park, not Disneyland Paris?
    Correct.

• Minion

That is confusing since Disneyland Park is also the official name of the original Disneyland. I much prefer they drop the term Park from the name and just stick with Disneyland Paris.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    That is confusing since Disneyland Park is also the official name of the original Disneyland. I much prefer they drop the term Park from the name and just stick with Disneyland Paris.
    Then you'd have Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris at the Disneyland Resort Paris. Disneyland Resort Paris quickly becomes "Disneyland Paris" again (as it has in many European campaigns), because adding the "Resort" part sounds inanely bureaucratic, so you're left with "the main park" and "that Studios park".

I don't like the names either, but it's not like I could come up with a great alternative. "Magic Kingdom/Royaume Magique" would be nice in a way, but that would mean yet another drastic name change for this 16 year old theme park, and I'm not sure they're ready to rearrange the gold leaf letters on the Disneyland Hotel again.

If you ask me, WDW is the only resort that got the naming system right for Disney's multi-park concept. Tokyo's works as well, but that's too Engrish for the rest of us (gotta love the logic of "Disneyland...DisneySea!").

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    If you ask me, WDW is the only resort that got the naming system right for Disney's multi-park concept. Tokyo's works as well, but that's too Engrish for the rest of us (gotta love the logic of "Disneyland...DisneySea!").
    While Walt Disney World got the naming right, there was still a lot that was done to establish the Magic Kingdom as "Disney World park". I think the genius of Tokyo, is that they dropped "Disneyland" from the Resort name.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    While Walt Disney World got the naming right, there was still a lot that was done to establish the Magic Kingdom as "Disney World park". I think the genius of Tokyo, is that they dropped "Disneyland" from the Resort name.
    It is clever, but it also adds a touch of sterility and bureaucracy (a la Disneyland Resort's early logo). I'm sure it doesn't have that effect on the Japanese, as their language is obviously quite different and any imported American brand must generate as many fuzzy feelings as the next -- but for Americans and (yes, even) Europeans, "California Disney Resort" or "Paris Disney Resort" would not quite hit the same note as the name "Disneyland" does. Let's not forget the trouble they went through to correct a little mistake known as "Euro Disney".

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Moi, aussi!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It is clever, but it also adds a touch of sterility and bureaucracy (a la Disneyland Resort's early logo). I'm sure it doesn't have that effect on the Japanese, as their language is obviously quite different and any imported American brand must generate as many fuzzy feelings as the next -- but for Americans and (yes, even) Europeans, "California Disney Resort" or "Paris Disney Resort" would not quite hit the same note as the name "Disneyland" does. Let's not forget the trouble they went through to correct a little mistake known as "Euro Disney".
    I like the Disneyland Resort name, but I think it places too much emphasis on the Disneyland park. The names Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disney Resort accurately represent their respective resorts as being more than just the Magic Kingdom/Disneyland park.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I prefer Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios at Disney Paris Resort, or at Disneyland Paris Resort.

• Senior Minion

wait what?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever