Thread: Debt and loans

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Debt and loans

Does anyone know how long DLRP has left on paying of all the loans and debt that keeps this great Resort from making a profit?

• Hitchhiker

Re: Debt and loans

If they could liquidate € 100 million per year, it'd take 20 years.. If they could cut 50% of the debt, the remaining interests would be small enough to do profit. For tax reasons, companies usually holds some loan anyway..
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Banned User

So DLRP isn't any where near paying of the debts, thanks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So DLRP isn't any where near paying of the debts, thanks.
    In 2007, they were still $2 billion in the red. They were actually making a profit before they spent about $400 million on the unsuccessful Walt Disney Studios.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    In 2007, they were still $2 billion in the red. They were actually making a profit before they spent about $400 million on the unsuccessful Walt Disney Studios.
    If only they had spent 200 million on an IAJA as seen in the recent plans instead!

• Hitchhiker

€i$ner made mistake by building too many hotels. If he had built just half of it, EDL would've been success.

Those three should've been: Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge and Cheyenne, IMO.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    €i$ner made mistake by building too many hotels. If he had built just half of it, EDL would've been success.

Those three should've been: Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge and Cheyenne, IMO.
    I agree. They built far too many hotels for what was a 1-2 day destination. And considering their overpriced rates, an average guest would have had no hesitation staying at cheaper (and sometimes better) hotels off-site.

I would've kept the Disneyland Hotel and Newport Bay, as those two have the best theming in my opinion. Though the Newport Bay pales in comparison to the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts at Walt Disney World. Same with the Disneyland Hotel in regards to the Grand Floridian.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree. They built far too many hotels for what was a 1-2 day destination. And considering their overpriced rates, an average guest would have had no hesitation staying at cheaper (and sometimes better) hotels off-site.

I would've kept the Disneyland Hotel and Newport Bay, as those two have the best theming in my opinion. Though the Newport Bay pales in comparison to the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts at Walt Disney World. Same with the Disneyland Hotel in regards to the Grand Floridian.
    I'm not sure I agree that the DLH "pales in comparison" to the GF. I mean it does, obviously, but could you imagine the GF at the entrance of the MK? Despite their similar themes, they're completely different hotels. The GF is a complete, free-standing resort with all the amenities to match, the DLH is an intimate, small scale affair, for which its geography is obviously the reason. Having said that, the DLH is ludicrously overpriced.

And of course the NPBC isn't nearly as good as the Yacht and Beach Clubs. One is a moderate hotel, the other two are deluxe resorts. These comparisons aren't really fair.

(But yes, they shouldn't have built all those hotels, even if I wonder what course they would have taken after '92 if they hadn't.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that the DLH "pales in comparison" to the GF. I mean it does, obviously, but could you imagine the GF at the entrance of the MK? Despite their similar themes, they're completely different hotels. The GF is a complete, free-standing resort with all the amenities to match, the DLH is an intimate, small scale affair, for which its geography is obviously the reason. Having said that, the DLH is ludicrously overpriced.

And of course the NPBC isn't nearly as good as the Yacht and Beach Clubs. One is a moderate hotel, the other two are deluxe resorts. These comparisons aren't really fair.

(But yes, they shouldn't have built all those hotels, even if I wonder what course they would have taken after '92 if they hadn't.)

True, and I definitely prefer the exterior of the Disneyland Hotel over the Grand Floridian. And as you mentioned, its location is one of the best among the Disney hotels. It's also one of the few that truly acts as an integral part of the park, blending in perfectly and enforcing the illusion. Though I think it would've been better if guests could have had a better view of the park. The Main Street Station blocks out most views from the lower floors. And without balconies or the ability to open the room windows, it doesn't truly acheive that "in-park" feel that recent Disney hotels are able to capture. I will give it credit for being the first Disney hotel to be a part of a park. And also for inspiring the Imagineers to perfect the concept of an "in-park" hotel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    This is true as I heard when EDL first opened it had more rooms than WDW did.