Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Summer 2008 brochure

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Absolutely, in fact I would say the Grand Californian is THE best Disney hotel where english is an official language (e.g. at DL, WDW, DLP and HKDL).

I agree. I've grown to love the Grand Californian more and more after each stay. It's probably my second favorite Disney hotel of the ones I've stayed at, and I've stayed in almost every deluxe in each Disney resort except Hong Kong's.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Thanks for the link. And dear lord, I can't believe the cheapest standard room at the Disneyland Hotel is going for 541 Euros now! And that's during the off-season (it skyrockets to 815 Euros during peak days)!
    Oh yes...when you take in consideration the euro versus dollar rates... it definitely is pricier than all of the TDR Hotels... and that is actually sad. Makes the Miracosta (and upcoming TDL Hotel) look like a deal we can't pass up.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Wow. I remember staying at the Sequouia for $129 or so 5 years back (AP rate).

The Cheyenne and Sante Fe are very highly priced as well (for their categories). The nice thing, I can get the RER in while visiting Paris, and not spend $$$$$ on hotels. That is what I did the last two trips.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

If I stay on site ever its one of the budget hotels. Rest are not worth the price. And that includes Tokyo...

Now saying this I have always wanted to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. With a room over looking the savanna.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    If I stay on site ever its one of the budget hotels. Rest are not worth the price. And that includes Tokyo...

Now saying this I have always wanted to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. With a room over looking the savanna.
    Ah yes, I have that same (pipe) dream!

The budget DLP hotels are too far away from everything else IMO. The short walking distance to the parks and the village is the greatest thing that the rest have to offer.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Aren't we forgetting that the prices in the brochure are for two nights and include three days of admission to both parks? As far as I know, staying at a WDW hotel does not include admission.

I agree that the prices are high and the hotels do not always live up to the expected standards, but then again... only last week, I stayed a night at the Sequoia for 104 euros (Annual Passport price, admission not included).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by michielv View Post
    Aren't we forgetting that the prices in the brochure are for two nights and include three days of admission to both parks? As far as I know, staying at a WDW hotel does not include admission.
    Very good point sir!

I have priced a trip to Orlando several times and it always starts looking quite reasonable until the attraction tickets are added. If I spend two weeks in Orlando, I would want time in Universal and Islands of Adventure (NDJnr is a huge Spiderman fan), and along with the WDW tickets that's in the region of an additional £1000 for the three of us.

On a related subject, would I be wrong to think that some years ago park passes were included in the price of WDW hotel prices?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

It is pretty cool. I will never forget hugging my family on the balcony watching the fireworks, when mother and baby giraffe stepped into view under the light of the moon and fireworks. C'est magique!!!

Shame the buses are so poor to AKL however. Service is a little dodgy too.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    It is pretty cool. I will never forget hugging my family on the balcony watching the fireworks, when mother and baby giraffe stepped into view under the light of the moon and fireworks. C'est magique!!!

Shame the buses are so poor to AKL however. Service is a little dodgy too.
    I had one of the suites that had a perfect view of the savannah. It was indeed very magical and immersive. The Animal Kingdom Lodge may be my third or fourth favorite Disney hotel. And I agree about the busses. Its location is so far away from anywhere but Animal Kingdom, and the bus service is rather slow and unreliable at times. Agree about the service too; I had issues with cleanliness and housekeeping on my last visit. I hear that the food at the restaurants have also declined due to the Dining Plan.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by michielv View Post
    This is a good point and thanks for picking up on it.

If you buy a package holiday, tickets for both parks are included for the durration of your stay. Also a free continetial breakfast is included each day too.

And atleast all use of the facilities are included. Unlike the Tokyo Hotels when you even have to pay an addtional fee to use the swiming pool.

• Minion

And atleast all use of the facilities are included. Unlike the Tokyo Hotels when you even have to pay an addtional fee to use the swiming pool.
    That's because it's also a spa. But I do agree that they should have had a regular pool set aside for hotel guests.

Welll in the brochure they don't talk about Wishes as being the summer fireworks, so the rumours about a new show maybe true...
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    That's because it's also a spa. But I do agree that they should have had a regular pool set aside for hotel guests.
    Makes no difference if your paying that sort of money it should all be included in the price.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by coruscant View Post
    Welll in the brochure they don't talk about Wishes as being the summer fireworks, so the rumours about a new show maybe true...
    What rumours are these?

• Senior Minion

I too have heard no rumours of a change to the fireworks show.
    Although I would welcome Fantillusion being replaced, I believe Wishes is pretty good (considering the ridiculous restrictions enforced on DLP's fireworks). DLP should be concentrating on a heck of a lot of other things before it considers investing time and money in replacing a perfectly acceptable aspect of its entertainment rosta.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast