Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hitchhiker

Summer 2008 brochure

There you go:
    http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCH...ogue/index.htm

Summer season with fireworks seems to be two weeks longer this year, starting from July 5th.
    Last edited by Zarniwoop; 01-25-2008 at 12:52 AM.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

Re: Summer 2008 brochure

Thanks for the link. And dear lord, I can't believe the cheapest standard room at the Disneyland Hotel is going for 541 Euros now! And that's during the off-season (it skyrockets to 815 Euros during peak days)! That's like double what I paid the last time I stayed there, and I felt the rooms weren't even that special for a hotel of its class back then. Unbelievable! I can now safely say that it is the most overpriced Disney hotel on the planet and definitely NOT worth the value. Now I'm not even sure if I plan to stay there again when that money could be used for much larger rooms in better Disney hotels.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Hitchhiker

Yes it is. But why not ask more, when people come anyway. DLH was mostly full last year.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Yes it is. But why not ask more, when people come anyway. DLH was mostly full last year.
    Well, good for those people then. If they feel the insanely inflated rates are worth the experience, then I have no reservations whatsoever. But not every Disney fan has the luxury of shelling out nearly a thousand dollars for a lackluster room. Even the best deluxe Disney hotels have rooms that are fairly priced for those that aren't necessarily too well off financially speaking. In the case of the Disneyland Hotel, the rates are far and beyond what I would consider acceptable, even for a Disney hotel. If the rooms were truly worth the money, then I would have no objections. But the rooms of the Disneyland Hotel are clearly substandard for a deluxe Disney hotel of its rank in terms of size and amenities.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Summer season with fireworks seems to be two weeks longer this year, starting from July 5th.
    Thanks for the update, are school Holidays starting earlier this year. As DLRP must be expecting a large crowd to turn up to be putting fireworks on two weeks earlier.

And TDR_FAN you suprise me your willing to spend the insane prices for the Hotel MiraCosta yet won't for DLH.Anyway its not like people havn't warn you already about the high prices for DLH. But don't worry DLRP does have some budget hotels that may be within your price range, I had a good trip at the Santa Fe last year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    And TDR_FAN you suprise me your willing to spend the insane prices for the Hotel MiraCosta yet won't for DLH.Anyway its not like people havn't warn you already about the high prices for DLH. But don't worry DLRP does have some budget hotels that may be within your price range, I had a good trip at the Santa Fe last year.
    The standard rooms of the Disneyland Hotel are much more expensive than the standard rooms of the MiraCosta (and any other Disney hotel for that matter). In fact, the peak rates of a standard room rival that of the Speciale Rooms of the MiraCosta!

And I'm willing to spend on the MiraCosta because I feel it is truly worth the money. Among the Disney hotels, it is the only one I would give a five star rating to. I'm not hesitant to spend a lot on a hotel room when I feel it is justified. Not so in the case of the Disneyland Hotel, which I have already stated above. I'm not about to pay more than I did for the MiraCosta for an experience that isn't even close to being as amazing.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thanks for the update, are school Holidays starting earlier this year. As DLRP must be expecting a large crowd to turn up to be putting fireworks on two weeks earlier.
    English school holidays start w/c July 21st but some countries (certainly Scotland) start several weeks earlier. And despite the government's best efforts, many people still have no qualms at taking children out of school to save money on holidays (and who can blame them?)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    English school holidays start w/c July 21st but some countries (certainly Scotland) start several weeks earlier. And despite the government's best efforts, many people still have no qualms at taking children out of school to save money on holidays (and who can blame them?)
    You also have to take into account some people can only get certain times of each year. If the kids miss a week of school whats the big deal, just give them more homework to allow them to catch up.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Well the DLP hotels are really poor value for money. Thats why we bought a week at the 5 Star Marriott Vacation Club on the DLP Golf Course - 1200sq ft 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with 3 tvs, dvd, full kitchen, pools, spa, golf course, club house for basically the cost of the Cheyenne/Santa Fe - very hard to beat.

I am pretty sure we will never stay on site at DLP again. And I don't miss it at all.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Senior Minion

The hotels may not be great (it all depends on what you are used to I suppose), but I personally love the Sequoia.
    Two things make a Disney hotel - the theming and the proximity to the rest of the resort. These two things alone are worth the extra cost to me although I would never dream of paying DLH prices.
    Walking from the hotel to the park gates in 15 minutes is a real boon and although the village has it's faults, its nice to walk through to or from the parks and the lake is always beatiful. The presence of Disney hotel 'rubberheads' are also a great attraction for us.

As for kids and their school holidays, if the government wants to stop absences during term time they should pass legislation to stop holiday companies and hotels charging the earth during off-term times.
    I for one am taking NDJnr out of school later in the year for a week's holiday (not to DLP I'm sad to report) and this will virtually allow me to take two holidays for the price of one.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

I suppose my problem is this. I spend at least 70 nights a year in a hotel (and have for the last 12 years), I have stayed in all of DL's Hotels, 5 WDW hotels, as well as the Ritz, the Waldorf Astoria, Beverly Wiltshire, the Burj Dubai and many other prestige hotels. All for far less than the DLH (stayed at all the DLP hotels, on many occassions - about 39 of our 49 trips). And none of the hotels on site (except maybe the Hotel New York) off comparable service to their market counterparts, Disney or otherwise.

So although I like the look of the Disney hotels, and my kids like the rubberheads, I much prefer to stay at our holiday home of 5 star luxury, and with the money saved stay for 8 days, eat in all the fine dining restaurants or Bufallo Bill's every day, enjoy the restaurants and rubber heads at the hotels with my annual passes, and still have money to spare. Plus breakfast is so much more civilised off site.

I had real sticker shock on these brochure prices. I am staying at the Grand Californian in March for about the price of the SL. I know there is a big difference between Dollars and Euros, but this is rediculous.

• Senior Minion

Breakfast at a Disney hotel is the only drawback in my book, but otherwise my opinion of hotels is that if the bed is reasonably comfortable and the place is clean, I'm happy. At a place like DLP, the hotel room is literally a place to keep your stuff and lay your head. The SL lounge offers everything else so that's where I go.

As I say, it's what you are used to and Dave, you are obviously used to a lot better than me. The comparable prices are silly but I currently can't afford a Disney holiday outside of Europe, leaving me little choice. I have now however made a concious decision to not visit DLP for a while in order to save to get to the States. It does seem crazy that two week-long holidays in DLP is about the same cost as a fortnight at WDW.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

I think the difference is if you were not staying on site, and chose a neighbour hotel instead, then you could get to the States a lot quicker.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    I had real sticker shock on these brochure prices. I am staying at the Grand Californian in March for about the price of the SL. I know there is a big difference between Dollars and Euros, but this is rediculous.
    I agree. I stayed at the Grand Californian just last month and paid only $420/night (holidays, mind you). I think the rates go down to $300/night or so during regular season; that's more than 60% less than the regular rates of the Disneyland Hotel.

And I'm sure you and I both agree that the Grand Californian is a much better hotel than any of the on-site hotels around Disneyland Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree. I stayed at the Grand Californian just last month and paid only $420/night (holidays, mind you). I think the rates go down to $300/night or so during regular season; that's more than 60% less than the regular rates of the Disneyland Hotel.

And I'm sure you and I both agree that the Grand Californian is a much better hotel than any of the on-site hotels around Disneyland Paris.
    Absolutely, in fact I would say the Grand Californian is THE best Disney hotel where english is an official language (e.g. at DL, WDW, DLP and HKDL).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast