Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Block Party Bash

After recently visiting Disney's California Adventure and watching the Block Party Bash,I seriously think this Pixar/Disney/parade/party would make a great addition to the Walt Disney Studios.Giving this park a real boost in energy which sadly the Studios currently lacks in.Would also be improvment on the Cinema parade.

It would fit in nicely with the theming of the Studios,as the story of the Block Party Bash is that Woody is taking a break from filming,to organise a party with all his Pixar pals.And its something that doesn't really involve a storyline so easy for guest to understand.Which is a major factor with the languege problems

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Re: Block Party Bash

Hmmmmm
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

no more clones. it should stay at DCA.

• DLRP Mental

I don't see how this could work, and I think the Cinema Parade works great in the Walt Disney Studios as it is. it fits in perfectly with the theme of lights, camera, action! Also the floats are really cool, and in many ways a better parade than the Wonderful World of Disney parade in the Disneyland park next door. Also I think the studios need something original when they do come around to changing the parade, and maybe even stick on a whole Filming idea.

• Rock The World

It's an interesting idea. I've heard some good reports of the black party bash, although I have yet to see any videos of it in action. Ultimately, I think anything would be an improvement over the current Disney Cinema Parade. Sorry Patmagic, but I really don't know what you see in it - it's poorly choreographed, the music is awful and it's far too short and cheap. The parade Cast Members hate it as well!

• Minion

I have to agree with Soundtracker the Wonderful World of Disney Parade is a lot better then the Cinema parade.

It would be nice for people who have yet to visit DCA and watch the Block Party Bash to do so before dismissing it for the Studios park.

Im not saying it has to be a complete clone of the DCA Block Party Bash,but Im trying to imply the concept would be great for the Studios.The kids watching the Block Party Bash during my visit really seemed to of enjoyed jumping up and dancing with the Disney Characters and performers.You see the Block Party Bash isn't just something you can watch,but it demands guest interaction too.I really think it would add a lot of life to what is a rather dull and boring park.

Plus it would offer something new that can't be found next door at Disneyland and give guest a reason to visit the Studios.

Like I said before I personally dont wanna see anything like this there because 1)Block Party Bash has gotten great reviews and has really given DCA the kick it needs and 2) this would be something that would connect the 2 parks again. they are already connected with eachother for being the most failed disney parks(even though I like DCA)

• Minion

I like DCA too very much.Soarin is the best attraction Disney has built in recent years.Screamin,Tower of Terror and Grizzley River Run are all great fun.And as for Aladdin show its a must see.I got to visit Disneyland,DCA,Universal Studios and SeaWorld during my recent visit to California and I enjoyed DCA a lot more then I did Universal or SeaWorld.The wait lines were also very long Soarin had a 120 minute wait,Grizzley was 75 minute and Tower of Terror was also about 120 wait too.The food was also to die for like the burgers at Condor Flats and the ice cream at Burr Bank.The wider walkways and the smaller crowds really helped to make DCA a great break from the very crowded Disneyland next door.

I don't see how people can compare the two parks,one is a decent and fun park where you can easily spend a day taking in all the shows and attractions,while WDS is maybe a 3-4 hour park at best.And apart from maybe three attractions isn't even worth a repeat visit.I have use park hopper tickets at both Resorts before,and I have never once left Disneyland Paris in the middle of the day in order to catch the Cinema Parade at the WDS,while I have left the Original Disneyland in the past to catch the Block Party Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    ...I don't see how people can compare the two parks,one is a decent and fun park where you can easily spend a day taking in all the shows and attractions,while WDS is maybe a 3-4 hour park at best...
    Well how about they're both having an older brother next door to compete with and they're both failing in every aspect of that competition! Sure DCA could be nice but hey Disneyland is right next door. The same goes for the WDS in Paris. By itself I think it can easily compete with other themeparks but with Disneyland Parc? No way!
    - Milo

no disneyland paris is whats helping WDS. w/out that park, nobody would have a reason to go there.

• Minion

I look at these two parks more like complementing there sister parks rather then being in joint competition with them.DCA or WDS will probarely never be in the same league as Disneyland,but can easily compete with the other parks within the area.And thats the whole point of there existance to keep guest staying longer at the Resorts and spending all that extra money on gifts and food.Instead of just visiting another park or tourist attraction or even worst leaving a day ealier.

Its a concept that seems to work really well in both Orlando and Tokyo

i agree with you Malin this Parade would fit perfectly into the WDS but i'm sure that half of the Characters will not be presented .
    HKDL : Done !!!

I have to confess that I never saw the current one. I guess it did not want to stay longer in the WDS only for the parade. Can anyone tell me if it's worth watching for when I go to DLRP end of the month
    - Milo

• Minion

While I think your right in saying DLRP_bopazot that almost all the characters from the current Cinema parade would be absent from the Block Party Bash,there would still however be seen in the Wonderful World of Disney Parade next door at the Disneyland Park.Plus all the characters from the Block Party Bash to my knowledge,except maybe Buzz,Woody and maybe the Incredibles(Are they making apearances?) are not seen anywhere else within in the two parks.Plus a few of them are exclusive to the Block Party Bash anyway.

And milo_vhw if your visiting the Studios why not check the Cinema Parade out.You may actually like it,its not terrible but just not that good either in my view.

• Creative Director

Block party's concept, and acrobat type aspects, could work well with a new parade or street show in WDS.
    I wouldn't want a direct clone, but hey, Block party bash is awesome. It will get you dancing in the streets, thats for sure.

you guys in paris better have some wild performers if you were to put on block party. the show itself is fun, but hell on the performers after awhile. they work their *** off doing this show. not just anyone can do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast