Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Disney Park Music?

One of the things I love about Disney Parks is the wonderful music that is part of the attractions so the question I am asking you guys is what is your best original music used on a disney attraction. I'd like to put forward the orginal score of Space Mountain (back in the days when they SOBAT system worked on SM). I was humming it for weeks after comming home form my first trip to DLRP which was also my first Disney park. I was also singing a Pirates life for me but the SM score really had an emotional kick to it.

Love to hear your views.

• Senior Minion

Re: Best Disney Park Music?

Although most of it is not original, anything played on Main Street. I also like the Gilbert and Sullivan selections that surround Toad Hall and the Fantasyland Station.

As for Disney attraction music, probably Grim Grinning Ghosts and the rest of the HM/PM soundtrack. I also like the Alice music from the Teacups but, as its only on about a 90 second loop, it soon starts to grate.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

I like the Main Street christmas loop the most! But the best attraction music is definately Phanton Manor.
    Go to Disneyland Paris..people should all go to Disneyland Paris!! Please go to Disneyland Paris!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Hmmm I would need to flip a coin. I love the original SM score, as well as the Phantom Manor arrangement. I also have a soft spot for anything for the parks by the Sherman Brothers - It's a Small World, One Little Spark, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Makin' Memories.

I also love the music in Soarin', Boudin Bread Factor, the France film at Epcot, and Golden Dreams, as well as American Adventure. I also loved the music in Le Visionarium, Tapestry of Nations, and Illuminations ROE. Music in Fantasmic is not bad either.

Bottom line, the music with disney is awesome. Oh, and I love the score on Star Tours, not to mention PotC.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• is satisfactual.

So hard to choose. It's all so great. The Pirates queue music is a winner for area music, the old Space Mountain track was obviously superb, as has been mentioned many times... But with all the recent buzz surrounding Alice's Curious Labyrinth, I've sort of come to realize how great its music and sounds are as well--even if they were simply taken from the film, they were implemented extremely well. And as Nathan said, that whimsical Teacups music.

Ooh, the Discoveryland area loops! How great are they. Sure, all of DLP's area loops are good and work for their surroundings, but Discoveryland's are dainty enough for your iPod. They have that effect on me that Enya has on some people.

And I've always loved the music they play in between the Disneyland Hotel and the Main Street Station. Whatever it is. Possibly this. I can never remember.

I suppose it would be more efficient to name the tracks I don't like; the new Space Mountain music, the generic Europop-style put-your-hands-up-in-the-air-and-join-the-magic-Disney-friends songs, and possibly the overinflated use of 'When you wish upon a star". Yes, that's it. Gosh, that was a bit of auditory frenzy, wasn't it.

Well guys I think you may have cheated a bit talking about music from the films etc rather than music specifically written for the attractions. I do miss the Rocketter theme in Discoveryland. Puss you comments on the new Space Mountain score are spot on. My only comment is that I would prefer that to the silence that I heard on the last 2 trips to DLRP.

My fav music from a Disney attraction ever is Illuminations from Epcot. I love the song "We go on" it sums up what Epcot is about in my view.

What about parade music I like "Just like we dreamed it" and happily sing it in the shower in the morning. I also loved "Catchy Rythm" and I found both much more memorable than the WDW parade music which I forgot instantly. They may not change them that often but I do think the Paris chaps put on a good parade.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Obsessive View Post
    My fav music from a Disney attraction ever is Illuminations from Epcot. I love the song "We go on" it sums up what Epcot is about in my view.
    Of all the parks I have to agree the score of "Illuminations - Reflections of Earth" from EPCOT is hard to beat. I play it endlessly in the car. It stands alone like a modern classical piece. As for "We go on" - we used that our partnership ceremony - my partner had it scored especially for a string quartet with Disney's assistance! A special moment.
    Pirates music - just sets the scene as does "Grim Grinning Ghosts".
    At Paris in particular I love the "Chant! C'est Noel, sing along, sing a song of Christmas"
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Banned User

I have to say that DLP has given us some great Disney melodies in their attractions. The original Space Mt ride track, Phantom Manor..etc etc. Some of their parade and show music is memorable but most of it is really bad stuff as well. Catchy rhythem? I think not. (Show and parade music is TDL's forte)

D Obssessive, I also agree with you that EPCOT's Reflections on Earth is probably WDW's best ever score... right up there with TDS' BraviSEAmo! and Mythica in my honest opinion and DL's score for Fantasmic! GREAT Disney stuff IMHO..

• Senior Minion

I have to say that I'm with Disney Obsessive on the Europop stuff. I love Dancin' a Catchy Rythm and All Around the World - although even I admit that they are almost indistinguishable from one another.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Alright, I can live with the Europop--where else to have it than in Europe anyway. As long as they never play Ricky Martin again, and promise to one day put the old Space Mountain music back in, I'm not complaining.

And since I'm only now realizing this thread is about all Disney park music and not just DLP's, I'd like to add SpectroMagic, which no one likes but me, haha. Also, the fireworks shows' instrumental bits (or "half hour chunk" in the case of IllumiNations). Once people start singing or talking, it's usually cheese on toast--but the instrumental parts of ROE, Believe and Fantasy in the Sky are just wonderful.

• Banned User

I think the most Euro-pop we ever got for a parade was WDW's Mickey's Street Party. That was a fun parade tune. Very discopop.

• Senior Minion

With a wide open target, here are my non-DLP desert island discs: -
    The score of Fantasmic is good in places although the 'imaaaaagiiiiinaaaaatiooooon' bits drag it down terribly.
    I am also really fond of all three versions of The Country Bear show and the music of Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    Also, for some reason I love any version of Steamboat Willie and Minnie's Yoo Hoo (particularly if played on vintage instruments). If Turkey in the Straw is thrown in there as well, it's an added bonus!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

I like my turkey over roasted, with seasoned ground beef as stuffing.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I like my turkey over roasted, with seasoned ground beef as stuffing.
    Whoosh!

(the sound of that one going straight over my head)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

My two favorites are 'Fountain of Nations' and 'Finale' by Ido Guidoti for Spaceship Earth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast