Is a third park ever a possibility?

I know with the financial trouble the DLRP has and the fact that Disney Studios hasn't been an overwhelming success (yet) but I was wondering if DLRP has the possibility and enough room to build another park? And what kind of park could that be? Something like Epcot or perhaps more like Animal Kingdom?
    Go to Disneyland Paris..people should all go to Disneyland Paris!! Please go to Disneyland Paris!

• Star Wars/Disney Dork

Re: Is a third park ever a possibility?

As much as finances have been bad, I think space is a bigger issue, there isn't a lot of undeveloped land left in Anahiem. You aren't including the supposed water park to be built in the previoues strawberry field spot they bought a few years ago, right. That is still in the works, right?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdeyemom View Post
    As much as finances have been bad, I think space is a bigger issue, there isn't a lot of undeveloped land left in Anahiem. You aren't including the supposed water park to be built in the previoues strawberry field spot they bought a few years ago, right. That is still in the works, right?
    I believe the OP was discussing Disneyland Paris.

And I think the most important thing right now is to fix the parks they have first, then worry about a third park, if at all.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Isn't there still a 'legal' condition with the French Government that they open a 3rd Gate sometime by something like 2017?. This was part of the original agreement between Disney and the French.

But as others said at the moment they need to address other issues with the existing environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ICHAPMAN View Post
    Isn't there still a 'legal' condition with the French Government that they open a 3rd Gate sometime by something like 2017?. This was part of the original agreement between Disney and the French.
    I found this report on the CNBC web site.

http://cnbceb.com/2007/04/01/a-scary-ride/

The relevant bit says...

Euro Disney has until 2017 to launch a feasibility study for a third park, and sources at the company add that “the feasibility study would probably take another three to five years, so a third park would not be envisaged until 2020 at the earliest”.

It also says that Walt Disney Studios cost 610 million euros. Given the popular figure of 110 million cost of building Tower of Terror you can see that the park was really built on a shoe string. Amazing they managed a park as good as it was when it opened.

So there you have it. If you can believe this article, which seems to be written by someone who did some research, a new park may still happen. There is a "nature park" project that Disney and Centre Parcs are looking at but this is not a theme park. It may have a indoor water park however.