Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Studios needs a Table Service Resturant

With all the recent work thats going on around the WDS regarding place making and new attractions, do you think its time for the Studios to add a new Table Service Resturant of its very own. Unless your into the usual selection of burgers and pizza's your selection is very limited. The only resturant that differs is Rendez-Vous des Stars, but even that is not table service and can get rather busy during peak hours.

If you'd rather enjoy a nice meal with a bottle of wine your only real choice is to leave the park and venture over to DLP or the Village. To me giving guest a reason to leave is a big no no and the Studios should be doing all it can to keep guest inside its gate if it wishes to become a full day destination, like DLP.

Re: Studios needs a Table Service Resturant

Yeah I was thinking the same for quite a while. The Studio's needs a table service restaurant!
    But where? Production Courtyard/Hollywood Blvd. seems ideal since then it could be themed to the 'golden years' of Hollywood. With pueblo deco architecture and nice theming it could be a hit. Too bad for Rendez-Vous des Stars already operating here...
    - Milo

• is satisfactual.

I've been whining about this for ages. The park has a relatively sufficient amount of rides; what it needs is restaurants and shops. They have to look no further than Disney's Hollywood Studios* for inspiration. They could even start to expand the park that way and save room for a future ride.

*It still feels odd to me.

• Banned User

The original concepts for a table service resturant for the Studios included either the Animator's Palate or Triton's from the Disney Cruise Lines. As the Studios was also supposed to get a copy of the TDS attraction Mermaid Lagoon as part of a second phase, I think the Triton project is a no. But the Animator's Palate could still be a possibility. I think WDI and management feel adding to the attraction count is much more important at the moment than any shops or resturants. Through I do agree with Puss about them needing more.

Hopely with the suscess of Toon Studios and Tower of Terror, management will realise the Studios could do with a new table service resturant. I may write a coment about this when I visit in less than a couple of weeks.

By the way now that Rendez-Vous des Stars is a Ratatouille themed resturant, does it actually sell Ratatouille. As it could be a great movie tie in.

i've been thinking the same thing when it opened but Disney send their guests over the Disney Village for Dinning or Lunch Experiences .

As a Table Service i highly recomend the Annette's or La Grange Buffet at Billy Bob's . Those are my favourite's . As a good Quality food and service i recomend Le Steakhouse. Their brunch on Sundays are gorgeous and Alcohol and Sodas are refills even Champagne i think .

• Banned User

I don't understand why it is so important for some of you to have table service at the Disney parks. I mean.. really! I go there to be entertained and I much rather do that, than waste time in some table service place where they over charge you for food and then you have to wait a while to be served.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I don't understand why it is so important for some of you to have table service at the Disney parks. I mean.. really! I go there to be entertained and I much rather do that, than waste time in some table service place where they over charge you for food and then you have to wait a while to be served.
    Thats fine for you but some of us wish to take a break from the astmophere of a theme park and actually enjoy a nice sit down meal in a more relaxed environment. Without the noise and regular burger and fries that are currently your only real choice in the Studios at the moment.

• Banned User

Well.. table service should not be a escape from the "atmosphere"... as theming should be uniformly executed in those areas as well. TDS does this to a tee... OOOOPS!! there I go comparing again.

• Banned User

Interesting you make that comparrison as TDS has a number of Table Service Resturants. Which just proves in a park as well themed as TDS, guest are still looking for an escape to enjoy a nice meal in more relaxed surroundings.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    i've been thinking the same thing when it opened but Disney send their guests over the Disney Village for Dinning or Lunch Experiences .

As a Table Service i highly recomend the Annette's or La Grange Buffet at Billy Bob's . Those are my favourite's . As a good Quality food and service i recomend Le Steakhouse. Their brunch on Sundays are gorgeous and Alcohol and Sodas are refills even Champagne i think .
    I agree that the food is good at the Stekhouse, but I found the service very slow (although our waiter was apologetic and amusing enough for me to almost forgive this).

I whole-heartedly agree that a table-service restaurant is needed in WDS. But is there not method to DLP's madness? As WDS is generally underdeveloped in the art of parting guests with their money (very few shops and eateries), could this not be a way to sway people into the village or DL? It seems unlikely but it could have a grain of truth. After all, why invest in a costly restaurant in WDS, when there are plenty five minutes walk away in the village?

Anyway, I would love to see a sort of Brown Derby restaurant themed after a vintage Hollywood eaterie. Carucatures of stars on the wall and a hat check girl! This would fit nicely into the Blvd.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    [...] I whole-heartedly agree that a table-service restaurant is needed in WDS. But is there not method to DLP's madness? As WDS is generally underdeveloped in the art of parting guests with their money (very few shops and eateries), could this not be a way to sway people into the village or DL? It seems unlikely but it could have a grain of truth. After all, why invest in a costly restaurant in WDS, when there are plenty five minutes walk away in the village?
    You may have a point there. I've never thought of it that way.

It's still highly pathetic, though. Why open up a second park at all if even a table service restaurant is out of its league? Even DCA had Wolfgang Puck. But I don't want to go on about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Interesting you make that comparrison as TDS has a number of Table Service Resturants. Which just proves in a park as well themed as TDS, guest are still looking for an escape to enjoy a nice meal in more relaxed surroundings.
    Difference is... at TDS, going to one of these sit down places is an experience in theme and immersion. Not so much at the Studios, because if they ever do a sit down place there, it will most probably end up a bland experience like the Brown Derby at DHS... Just another overpriced facility with nice table wear and CMs who look good in a nice costume. Not much else, and for that, NO, I don't need to escape the masses that badly.

• Senior Minion

It may be worth aquiring a little perspective and optimism. If any of us had been told a couple of years ago that WDS would see such a turnaround in the space of twelve months - well...
    Yes, the park has a long way to go and obviously doesn't stand up to TDL's impossibly high standards - but its ours and its going in the right direction. Which is more than can be said for the majority of the Disney parks around the world.
    A table service restaurant will, I'm sure, eventually come. Once the park is established more and becomes a 'day's worth', management will be more confident to add such luxuries.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    A table service restaurant will, I'm sure, eventually come. Once the park is established more and becomes a 'day's worth', management will be more confident to add such luxuries.
    I guess if Management had built a new sit down resturant instead of Cars Race Rally we would all be in uproar about them skipping out on attractions in order to build a new resturant. I just hope we get one soon as this is one investment that will pay for itself and stop guest leaving the Studios for lunch.

Remember also that WDS needed more restaurants and they added '' Le Cafe Des Cascadeurs '' near Moteurs Actions Stunt Show .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast