Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Membre

I tested Stitch Live! (SPOILER)

SPOILER AHEAD !!!

I was in Paris this week and I've been to DLRP twice on tuesday and thursday. Large crowds and weather was bad both days, but overall I had a good time.

Thurday, while visiting the WDS I saw incidentally a group of guests in front Stitch Live! entering the Disney Channel building. I joined them and noticed that there were quite a lot of Disney staff, not only the regular CM but also suit and tie Disney staff that greeted us. A CM told us the show is in french (however eventually the show was in english) and we waited about 10 minutes in the first "waiting" room : the same as the former Disney Channel tour.
    Then after waiting (in the cold) we entered the pre-show room. A wide room with blue lights, with 4 plasma screens airing the latest Disney channel releases. That presentation was in french.
    Then a Disney imagineer greeted us and said he was so happy to welcome here the very first guests: Everyone cheered and he apologized in advance for any technical issues that could occur as the show was still in rehearsal.

We entered the theater, where I sat on a not-so-comfortable metal bench. I already knew that the show is interactive so i chosed a seat in the rear of the theater so Stitch could certainly not bother me there.

The image quality was excellent and the animation was just perfect, considering the screen is quite large. Some Disney characters tell sometimes corny jokes, but Stitch was actually funny and people laughed a lot.
    I didn't have high expectations about this show but in the end i found the attraction very cute and is definiteley a very good addition to the Studios (even if some may think that any addition is good for the WDS )
    My main concern about it is that the audience has to be "good" too. I mean if everyone stay distant and shy (a bit like me that day ) the show can get boring I guess.

I think the attraction will open some days before official premiere. Anyone did it. What you think ?
    Last edited by Olivier; 02-29-2008 at 10:20 AM.

• Rock The World

Re: I tested Stitch Live! (SPOILER)

Wow! Merci pour le scoop, Olivier. It's good to know the show went down well. I'm really optimistic about the future of this attraction, and can't wait to see how it goes down with the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Banned User

I am assuming this is the same show they are doing at HKDL and DLR.. You talk to Stitch... etc. Similar to Talk with Crush, which I like better.

• Senior Minion

I assume that there will be seperate English and French shows ala Legend of the Lion King. If DLP are doing this with Stitch Live it shows promise for the addition of other language reliant shows to come (Muppets please!).
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Good to hear. It's just too bad the attraction doesn't do too much for the beautification of the area... The concept art showed lots of neon on the building, and a big futuristic/deco information board nearby. It could have been nice.

• Banned User

I would assume the show will be presented in several languages.. In HKDL, they do it in english, cantonese and other languages. Just need to look at the times and see when the language of your choice is performed.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would assume the show will be presented in several languages.. In HKDL, they do it in english, cantonese and other languages. Just need to look at the times and see when the language of your choice is performed.
    True. The show will be presented in alternate showings of English and French, with a separate queue line (and information pannels) for each.

And even though the arrival of Stitch hasn't altered the overall appearance of the building, don't forget that a large scale placemaking of the entire area is due to take place later this year, so who knows what changes we'll see? (I'm told the outdoor performance stage is going to get the chop!)

And we still have the arrival of Plahouse Disney - in the same building - to look forward to. It should be interesting to see how they handle signage and queue management for two separate attractions in the same building.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    The image quality was excellent and the animation was just perfect, considering the screen is quite large. Some Disney characters tell sometimes corny jokes, but Stitch was actually funny and people laughed a lot.
    It sounds a lot like the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor attraction in Florida (but with different characters).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Membre

The show was 100% in english, not even a single bonjour when we entered the theater or an au revoir when we left.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am assuming this is the same show they are doing at HKDL and DLR.. You talk to Stitch... etc. Similar to Talk with Crush, which I like better.
    Stitch Encounter isn't at DLR - sounds very different from the Stitch Phone if that is what you are referring to.

Olivier - what is the backstory? I wonder if they have tailored it to WDSP - the backstory at HKDL is very specific to Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Park Central View Post
    Stitch Encounter isn't at DLR - sounds very different from the Stitch Phone if that is what you are referring to.
    Oh! Thanks for the clarification. I have not seen this presentation at DLR and was going by someone else's account that it was the same show. I need to get to DLR sometime this year and update myself on what's new.

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Park Central View Post

Olivier - what is the backstory? I wonder if they have tailored it to WDSP - the backstory at HKDL is very specific to Tomorrowland.
    Hi 4 Park Central,
    Actually I don't really remember about the backstory. I remember Stitch picking some people from the audience and analysing their "badness level" , Stitch also completely annihilates Jupiter... I don't remember anything specific tailored to the Walt Disney Studios...
    Last edited by Olivier; 03-03-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Hi 4 Park Central,
    Actually I don't really remember about the backstory... I don't remember anything specific tailored to the Walt Disney Studios...
    Well I guess (like many WDS attractions) there isn't a great backstory to it. But if I remember correctly the tie-in with the Television Studio is that it's not as if Stitch is actually there. He is broadcasting 'LIVE!' from outer space, hence the satellite dish on top, and your watching him on the big TV screen.
    Indeed not much of a backstory eh!?
    - Milo

• Senior Minion

I preferred the rumoured story which was to be the TV studio tour in which Stitch interupts with his 'live' broadcast.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm just happy to finally have a decent attraction for that building. Thank you so much Olivier for the preview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast