Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

First trip to Disneyland Paris!

I am studying abroad in London (from the US), so I decided to make a quick 2-day trip to Disneyland Paris. It's so incredibly easy with the direct Eurostar train!

Overall, I had an excellent trip... I had a very nice stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge and enjoyed my two days in the parks.

I was very disappointed, however, with the upkeep of the parks. I noticed peeling paint, burnt out lights, sloppy concrete/cement fixes everywhere. Definitely not the same level of TLC that I'm used to at Disney in California. Even the maintenance of attractions seemed to be poor... Overall, the park just seemed tackier too... it felt more like I was at Knott's Berry Farm rather than a Disney park.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time... just was a little bit surprised to see such poor upkeep at a Disney park. Thoughts?

• Banned User

Re: First trip to Disneyland Paris!

Thanks for posting your trip report. I understand your point of view clearly as I too, have mentioned some of the same concerns in rgards to upkeep and cleanliness. Still, I find DLP to be a most beautiful park, and definitely worth visiting. Like yourself, I do have fun as well when I visit. But I wish they kept the place in better shape.

• Senior Minion

These are concerns that spring up continually on this forum disneybob. However, I would be really interested to hear a Trip Report from you that points out positive points and comparisons with DL.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Sock Puppet

Sorry to harp on the negative points, just had to get it out there. I did have a fantastic trip, though. Most of the Cast Members were very friendly and helpful, both in the hotel and at the parks. Probably my favorite attraction was Crush's Coaster... so much fun!

I have to run now, but I'll post a more detailed trip report soon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneybob View Post
    Sorry to harp on the negative points, just had to get it out there.
    NEVER apologise for harping on the negative points. Keep in mind, these forums are also visited and read by folks from Disney marketing here. While the fans love to read about the positive aspects of your visits to the parks, it is also recommended that you point out areas that need improvement as well.. You never know when a person in a position to effect change might be reading your reports.

• Senior Minion

Yes, but let's have some balance! Some MCs do nothing but harp on about the negative and it gets soooo tiresome.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by disneybob View Post

I was very disappointed, however, with the upkeep of the parks. I noticed peeling paint, burnt out lights, sloppy concrete/cement fixes everywhere. Definitely not the same level of TLC that I'm used to at Disney in California. Even the maintenance of attractions seemed to be poor... Overall, the park just seemed tackier too... it felt more like I was at Knott's Berry Farm rather than a Disney park.
    Hey disneybob I have just got back myself from a trip and while the maintenance is still a big issue, I feel its improving. But you have every right to your opinion and I thank you for sharing it. Disney will never improve if we sit here and pretend everything is alright. By the way funny how you compared DLRP to Knotts Berry Farm as our current CEO Karl Holz used to be vice president of theme park operations for that park.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    NEVER apologise for harping on the negative points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Disney will never improve if we sit here and pretend everything is alright.
    Thanks for your comments... I absolutely agree! This may sound over the top, but I was considering writing a letter to either Guest Communications OR the VP of Operations directly to share my concerns about park maintenance. I figure it can't hurt...

Do you think it'd be more effective to address to the Guest Comm. department or VP of Operations?

(Oh and by the way, I'm now "disneyfun"... I didn't realize that I had two active usernames... admin deleted the other one)

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

TDLFAN, I clicked on your Donna Summer link- I didn't realize she was still around. And all I have to say is....... it's ok, not great. Hope the album is better. She DOES have a great voice.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Can't wait to read the rest of your trip disneybob. I went a few years back and loved it. I thought the details throughout the park were amazing. And the dragon under the castle? Totally worth the trip over the pond just for that!

Welcome to MiceChat. Glad you came aboard!

I was glad to read you report and am looking forward to a more detailed report. We are going over 3/20. My daughter, too, is studying abroad in London and we are taking the eurotrain to DLPR. Likewise we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. Can you give me any tips? How is the lodge? Also, do they have trading pins with the cast members? Thanks and enjoy the rest of your trip abroad!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYMAGIC71 View Post
    I was glad to read you report and am looking forward to a more detailed report. We are going over 3/20. My daughter, too, is studying abroad in London and we are taking the eurotrain to DLPR. Likewise we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. Can you give me any tips? How is the lodge? Also, do they have trading pins with the cast members? Thanks and enjoy the rest of your trip abroad!
    The Lodge is my personnal favourite and the only Disney hotel I now stay in.

Pin Trading occurs at DLP, but as discussed many times before on this forum, is of little interest to the majority of visitors. Still, all CMs sport a lanyard and will trade their pins upon request. Pins are available in all shops and special editions are constantly being released.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYMAGIC71 View Post
    The Sequoia Lodge is a fine hotel, as long as you don't expect Walt Disney World's Wilderness Lodge*. It is merely a three star experience after all, but it's comfortable, atmospheric and surrounded by lavish greenery.

Have a good time!

*Common mistake.

Thank you so much again for the info. I now know what to expect at the Sequoia. To be honest, I did think that it was going to be like the Wilderness Lodge, only downsized a bit. Also, I appreciate the info about pin trading. I'm not a serious pin trader by any means, but I do enjoy trading with cast members (actually, that's all I have ever traded with). Have a magical day, everyone!

• Senior Minion

You may find some cast members more enthusastic about pin trading than others (and the less enthusiastic are in the vast majority!). We Europeans just don't seem to be able to grasp the appeal of the concept.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast