• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Just got back from a Magical Weekend

I have just got back from one amazing Weekend away to DLRP. I promise a trip report with pics later this week, but just wanted to highlight a few points right away.

No idea why but I was upgraded to a suite at the Sequoia Lodge.

Crowds were huge, but also manageable. The waits for some of the attractions never reached more than an hour.

Parks were very clean and maintenance had improved greatly since my last trip in September. Through work desperately needs to be done on Phantom Manor. But it was nice to see the dog back, but now one of the Raven's is missing, during the piano scene. Also the AA of the Phantom wasn't working in the Ball room scene and many other minor things. I'll get into more detail on this at a later date!

The St David's Day offerings were small but also good fun. Mickey and Minnie looked so cute in there Welsh costumes. Also fireworks were beautiful and the musical score was the Soundtrack to Fantasmic.

Characters were very animated and good fun to watch Mickey and Minnie having a domestic dispute.

Cast Members were all fantastic on this trip and I can't personally fault any of the ones I spoke too. Friendly and helpful. Also impressed to see them being strict on the FastPass rule.

Tower of Terror is a welcome addition to the Studios. Also the placemaking looks up to the standard you expect from Disney. As someone who has visited the Studios since day one, I now feel its really starting to take shape, and feels more like a park. Something however needs to be done towards the back of the park where the Stunt show is situated. As you have both the back of the TOT and Armegeddon buildings facing you.

Like I said I'll get into more detail when I post my trip report but just wanted to post a few opnions of the top of my head.

• Banned User

Re: Just got back from a Magical Weekend

I did not make it to DLP this weekend as planned. So, was the weather on saturday as bad as I was told? Glad you had a great time.

• Membre

Cool, thanks for TR!!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I did not make it to DLP this weekend as planned. So, was the weather on saturday as bad as I was told?
    Hey TDLFAN the weather started windy with rain, but by 10.00 am the sky was a beautiful blue, and the sun had come out. It was a great day to be at DLRP.