Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I wasn't aware about DL having a version too, anyone got a video or pic, as it sounds cool. For the Paris farewell, Mickey was speaking English with the voice provided by Wayne Allwine. Althrough he did speak the odd French reference like au revoir. By the way in order to catch Mickey don't leave the park at closing but wait around about 10 minutes and than he'll come out.
    I only know this from an audio recording I have of the park closing announcement for DL. In it Mickey says goodbye, followed by Minnie and Goofy singing the Mickey Mouse Club closing theme and Donald grouching that "it's always Mickey Mouse!"
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I only know this from an audio recording I have of the park closing announcement for DL. In it Mickey says goodbye, followed by Minnie and Goofy singing the Mickey Mouse Club closing theme and Donald grouching that "it's always Mickey Mouse!"
    I know of the recording now, but I'm not sure that the characters actually come out and wave to the guest at DLR.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I believe they do the same at the MK as well, but not sure.

Nice report so far Malin. Thanks.
    I think your right I have seen Mickey waving goodbye to guest at the Magic Kingdom. It usually happens just after Wishes.

And thanks for the nice coment.

• Empress of Randomness

Loving the pictures!! Can't wait for part 3!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Senior Minion

I know of the recording now, but I'm not sure that the characters actually come out and wave to the guest at DLR.
    Apparently not.....

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ent-92057.html
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Saturday the 1st of March
    Part 3

Instead of making the most of the free continental breakfast, I decided to get a bit more sleep and skip it. Today the park wasn’t due to open until 10.00 am but thanks to Extra Magic Hours, hotel guest and guest holding the Dream Annual Passports are given access to some of the Disneyland park’s attractions two hours earlier.

I made the short walk from Sequoia Lodge over to the parks by passing through the Village. The weather today was rather wet and grey and had me thinking if tonight’s St David’s Day Fireworks show would actually end up taking place.

Upon arrival at the park I made a quick stop at City Hall to book reservations for lunch at the Silver Spur Steakhouse. I also made enquires about the Fireworks, which were still planned to go ahead and in order to get a decent place I should arrive about 30 minutes before hand as the park was expecting a large crowd today. By the way one thing of interest I did notice was the lack of any advertisement the park did regarding the fireworks. Apart from the odd leaflet, no other announcements were made.

Anyway I was happy to visit City Hall early as I had no wait and when I returned later on people were waiting outside the Main Street building. A bit of advice I think for anyone who is wanting to book reservations or find out about park information is to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours and visit early.

As I left City Hall I saw quite a few people already waiting to meet Mickey & Minnie in Welsh costumes, even through they were not scheduled to appear until 10.15am. I walked up towards the Castle which was one of the attractions opened.

Next time we will tour the Castle
    Last edited by Malin; 03-12-2008 at 05:37 AM.

• Banned User

Saturday the 1st of March 2008

Part 4

Picture tour of Sleeping Beauty Castle

Part 5 coming soon

• Banned User

Saturday the 1st of March 2008

Part 5

After leaving the Castle I came across Fantasyland.

Only a number of selected attractions were open this morning which included some attraction in Fantasyland and Discoveryland. I decided to take Fantasyland on first as this is usually always a bit of a nightmare to enjoy when the park starts filling up. Due to high winds Dumbo was kept closed, but I did get to have a spin on the Tea Cups. Next was a trip on Pinocchio followed by a short by Paris time anyway 20 minute wait for Peter Panís Flight.

By this time it was about 20 minutes before the parks official opening and the crowds were starting to show up. I quickly walked over to Discoveryland to ride Buzz which was posting a 30 minute wait.

After Buzz I made my way over to Town's Square where both Mickey and Minnie were out greeting guest in Welsh costumes to celebrate St David's Day. The wait took 90 mins and reminded me of being at Tokyo Disneyland. In fact I actually spotted a few Tokyo Disney Resort fanatics in the park, many of which were waiting to meet Mickey & Minnie too.

After meeting Mickey & Minnie it was getting close to my 12.00 pm lunch reservation over at the Silver Spur Restuarant. So I made to Big Thunder Mountain to pick up a Fast Pass for later in the day. The whole Big Thunder Mountain area was very crowded, and I had trouble locating the FP Machines. Found them soon enough through and got my ticket for later in the day.

On the way over to the Silver Spur Resturant I bumped into Pluto who was out greeting guest.

I arrived at the Restaurant a couple of minutes early and was seated almost straight away. Restuarant was quite empty but did start to fill up by the time I left. Starter was a wrap with Smoked Salmon inside.

Next was a Grilled sirloin steak with chips and Pepper sauce.

And finally the desert was Big Thunder Ice Cream Sundae.

The meal was nice but was kind of dissapointed with the pepper sauce as I was expecting more of a taste to it. But would certainly eat here again, very good.
    Part 6 coming soon.

• Membre

Great pics and tR again. Seems like you had all kind of weather !

• Sock Puppet

What is the price like for this retaurant?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    What is the price like for this retaurant?
    The website DLP Food Guide has a menu up with prices but it is now kind of outdated as my Smoked Salmon starter isn't on there and the choices of ice cream's in the sundae are now differnt. But it still gives you a rough idea of the prices http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/menus/silverspurlunch.html

The prices are high like any table service Restaurant in the park. But I did feel it was worth the cost and would eat here again.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Great pics and tR again. Seems like you had all kind of weather !
    Tell me about it the weather was very bizare

• Don't mess with the duck!

What a great report! Especially liked the castle pics.

• Senior Minion

Who is this strange character? If he's in DLP he must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque (sorry, wrong rabbit!)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Great photos, Malin! The pics inside the Castle were really impressive! I also like how they are celebrating their own anniversary by dispalying a "15" sign on the castle.

I like this photo especially.

Plus the Main Street thier looks great. It's really detailed. These photos make me want to go their one of these days.

BTW- How is the food at that Disneyland?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast