• Sock Puppet

Future DLRP (What hotel is best to stay at)

i was looking at the Disneyland Resort Paris website for hotels to stay at when eventually i go to Disneyland Paris iwas wondering what hotels are good to stay at. I either want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Sequoia Lodge. What are the rates because i was looking at one website they listed the Disneyland Hotel rates are $1,000 per night. is this true? any additional information will help. thanks

• is satisfactual.

Re: Future DLRP (What hotel is best to stay at)

That $1,000, if accurate, will have included park admission, will be partly affected by the whole euro/dollar exchange rate and will probably be a peak season rate. You may want to consider booking your hotel and admission separately, and a Fantasy AP (€129) is easily cheaper than buying regular tickets -- for any visit of over two days, in fact.*

Furthermore, the Sequoia Lodge and the Disneyland Hotel are difficult to compare; as pointed out in some other threads, one is a deluxe, the other on the low end of moderate. So if you want good rates, definitely don't go for the Disneyland Hotel.

*Blackout dates not considered, may cause drowsiness and diarrhea.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 03-06-2008 at 05:27 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i was looking at the Disneyland Resort Paris website for hotels to stay at when eventually i go to Disneyland Paris iwas wondering what hotels are good to stay at. I either want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Sequoia Lodge. What are the rates because i was looking at one website they listed the Disneyland Hotel rates are $1,000 per night. is this true? any additional information will help. thanks
    The rates at the DLP hotels are high. I've stayed at the Sequoia - and I do like it, but the exchange rate was very favorable at the time (and I had a DLP annual pass discount as well). That isn't to say that I thought the price - about $120 or $130 5 years ago - was worth it per se', but it was reasonable.

I personally wouldn't stay on property now. The RER goes into Paris in a half hour or less, I just prefer staying in town (specifically Porte Doree). Then I also save on restaurants, easier access to laundromats, grocery stores, and I just love Paris!

That said - you can call the WDTC (in Florida) and ask for DLP package prices. They do get a minimal amount of availability, and the rates - including tickets - can sometimes seem reasonable compared to WDW - and occasionally there are deals. But there are also some nice hotels close by, I believe the Movenpick and Holiday Inn are well reviewed.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

If you can afford it, stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but if not, I would recommend either the Sequoia Lodge, or even the Dream Castle Hotel, about a mile away. The Dream Castle had much better rates than the Disney owned hotels and much better amenities. You can't beat the location of the Disney hotels, though.

• Empress of Randomness

Last October/November I stayed in Hotel l'Elysee in Val d'Europe...
    Although its not in the resort like you were looking for, it's only 10 minutes from the park by complimentary shuttle bus...
    What i loved about it was you still get the Disney experience... But you can take a break there as there is a big shopping centre, and an aquarium, and also restaurants and bars. Handy if you want to get a break from resort food... Also the price is very appealing

I've stayed in the resort before and now i've experienced a partner hotel.
    I'm going back this summer and at the moment im swinging towards staying in Hotel l'Elysee again.

Hope that helped a little bit

P.S. We asked for a room with three separate beds... Froom the window of our first room you could see the park...
    Unfortunately our second room didn't have a similare view, but it had a view of the Val d'Europe Shopping centre which looks lovely lit up.
    Also the room was huge.. It didn't have a room number but it was Called "WAGRAM". It had a flat screen tv and 4 or 5 windows in comparisson to the standard box tv and 1 window... If you're bookin a room in this hotel it is definitly worth your while to ask specifically for the WAGRAM room.
    Last edited by Laura678; 03-11-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011