Just thought I'd post a little update on the smoking situation at DLP, since I haven't seen this in English anywhere just yet. So here it is, the list of designated smoking areas that will be enforced as of April 1 2008.
MAIN STREET, U.S.A.
- Entrance (between turnstiles and Main Street Station next to toilets)
- Arboretum (next to City Hall)
- Central Plaza (near Discoveryland entrance)
- Covered walkway near the restrooms of Fort Comstock
- Area in front of Pocahontas Indian Village, outside former Pueblo Trading Post gift shop
- Unused terrace area facing Restaurant Hakuna Matata
- Adventureland exit of Au Chalet de la Marionette, a covered walkway
- In the former queue of Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin
- Near the restrooms of Autopia
- At the entrance of Pizza Planet
(This is quite a number, compared to the three designated areas at Disneyland. But then again, even with all the new rules, this still isn't California...)
Walt Disney Studios:
- Place des Freres Lumiere (entrance plaza) (next to stroller rental)
- Between Art of Disney Animation and Cars
- Between Stitch and Cinémagique
- Between Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and the Stunt Show
Now let's just hope they theme the signs properly... And, on a more cynical note, that people will actually obey the rules.