Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: New Spring Entertainemnt

Nice little show.

Interesting that Put on your Sunday Clothes from Hello Dolly features so heavily. Is this a sneaky preview of what we can expect from this summer's Wall-ee?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Mary Poppins sure is a popular character in DLP's entertainment roster. Which is great! Glad to see there is a park where an old timey Disney character still occasionally beats the Pirate, Princess and Pixar brigade.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This little greeting show is a welcome edition to the Summer line up here at DLRP. It adds to illusion that around every corner of DLP there is a suprise waiting for you.

• Banned User

I thought you were madly against 'greeting shows' malin.. so, in your opinion... they are ok for DLP but not for TDL? Frankly, I would prefer more than that, but having seen the TDl 25th greeting castle show yesterday and seeing how kids and adults alike lit up when the 28 extra characters showed up unexpected, was a real treat. That's what's important.

• Banned User

I have never said I don't like Meet & Greets, but I don't aprove of them at TDR because a few years back the Resort was producing quality new parades and castle shows which exceeded anything produced by any other theme park at the time. Now days despite higher prices in tickets OLC has cut back on this form of entertainment in favour of Meet & Greets. Most of which are very weak in my opinion.

Now the Mary Poppins greeting show is something the Resort is not advertising as a star attraction for its Anniversary and is a very simple greeting show that is being put on for the Summer instead of that auful Alpha Bet You, rubish.

One company hasn't got the funds to be putting on lavish shows and parades but is doing its best to stretch out the budget. Now the other company on the other hand had record attendance last year and has plenty of money, but is cutting back on spending that money to please shareholders.

but having seen the TDl 25th greeting castle show yesterday and seeing how kids and adults alike lit up when the 28 extra characters showed up unexpected
    Didn't the Resort do this a few months back during that Super-Duper: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo show. Hardly original, but if guest enjoy this stuff, than why should OLC bother putting on the big productions when it can get the same reaction out of doing cheap Meet & Greets, thats business.

By the way your post seems indicate you think I have a problem with the TDR, clearly you havn't been reading the recent praise I have been giving the new Jubilation Parade, which is simply fantastic.
    Last edited by Malin; 04-13-2008 at 03:11 PM.

• Senior Minion

Why must we always end up with DLP getting unfavourable comparisons with TDR?

I welcome with open arms this sort of little extra. Maybe it's a result of lowered expectations after several long years of mis-management and cost-cutting, but isn't it great that DLP is now moving in the right direction?

It's interesting to see that this easy target gets the 'TDR-treatment' and yet this sort of petty sniping is missing from the thread that deals with the frankly outstanding TOT opening ceremony. Talk about fish in barrels...
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

I'm not giving DLRP any unfavourable comparisons with TDR. TDLFAN is clearly trying to catch me out here because I refered to the Meet & Greets at TDR as silly, which there are. I think it says it all about how both Resorts view Meet & Greets, regarding TDR its considered a brand new attraction, while DLRP refer to it as just additional entertainment.

I also welcome this sort of entertainment at DLRP with wide open arms and it just shows how much this Resort has improved recently, while TDR entertainment offerings get smaller and smaller all the time, with the exception of the amazing Jubilation Parade, which is the crowning jewel in TDR 25th Anniversary. DLRP still doesn't match TDR for its huge amount of entertainment, but the Resort is moving in the right direction. And the Mary Poppins greeting show proves this to me.

Again nathan detroit you bring up a good point that no one is wanting to compare the TOT event, but I'm more interested why no one has commented on how cheap and tacky TDL Castle looks for the 25th Anniversary. Again some have agenda's on here and its just a fact we have to face.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'm not giving DLRP any unfavourable comparisons with TDR.
    Never said you did
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

I'm not giving DLRP any unfavourable comparisons with TDR. TDLFAN is clearly trying to catch me out here because I refered to the Meet & Greets at TDR as silly, which there are.
    But again Malin... that's only your opinion. The japanese guests seem to enjoy the charater greetings tremendously. If you don't care for them at TDR, then don't go there. DLP could use your business.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    But again Malin... that's only your opinion. The japanese guests seem to enjoy the charater greetings tremendously. If you don't care for them at TDR, then don't go there. DLP could use your business.
    Hoist by your own patard mate!

The DLP guests seem to enjoy Mary Poppins. If you don't care for it, don't go there - it's not exactly desperate for your business at the moment.

I love irony me!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Malin,

Thanks for point us to the new street show for Mary. It is rather cute.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Nice little show.

Interesting that Put on your Sunday Clothes from Hello Dolly features so heavily. Is this a sneaky preview of what we can expect from this summer's Wall-ee?

I was wondering about the non-Mary Poppins song, as well. It does stand out, just because the song isn't from Mary Poppins. The song works for Main Street, just not sure it's the right intro for Mary.

It is a little different than the Mary/Bert show in front of the Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim. One thing I was told about the show in Anaheim
    is that Bert and Mary, as characters, are not allowed to sing. Is the same true in Disneyland Paris?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just because I don't like the TDR Meet & Greets, is not a good enough escuse to not go there. I am simply giving my opinion, which I have every right to do on here. Just like you do all the time on WDW, althrough you still visit all the time.

And whats up with the DLP could use your business line, is this another desperate attempt to get a reaction out of the DLRP fanbase, so sad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

I was wondering about the non-Mary Poppins song, as well. It does stand out, just because the song isn't from Mary Poppins. The song works for Main Street, just not sure it's the right intro for Mary.

It is a little different than the Mary/Bert show in front of the Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim. One thing I was told about the show in Anaheim
    is that Bert and Mary, as characters, are not allowed to sing. Is the same true in Disneyland Paris?
    It depends what you mean by not being allowed to sing, I believe the performers all mime the words. A good portion of the soundtrack for this show was taken out of the Cinema Parade which has sadly finished its run in Paris.

• Banned User

And whats up with the DLP could use your business line, is this another desperate attempt to get a reaction out of the DLRP fanbase, so sad.
    ..and by your frumpy answer, I did!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12