Eurodisney investment 2009 - 2012

This news is from the bests disney french websites (http://www.zuzudisney.com/ , http://disneycentralplaza.com , http://www.imagineeringfiles.com/, http://www.timonlamangouste.com/ ) it was revealed yesterday with the discover of a secret internal DVD, hopefully it won't be an april fool joke...

Sorry for my english i'm french....

This internal DVD intended for the financials parteners covers the investments period between 2009-2012 annonced to put the resort in the best shap for it's 20 years. No less than 6 attractions of which 4 E-tickets are announced with a program of thematisation of the Walt Disney Studios and rehabilitation of the Disneyland Parc - to"restore the parent parc it's quality aspect of 1992". The Disney Village (Our Downtown Disney) isn't forgotten and a new hotel is planned. What EuroDisney SCA announces in 20 minutes with Mickey's voice ? No less than a inverstment plan of 800 millions Euros spread like this:

Disneyland Park will know between 2009 et 2011 the most ambitious rehabilitation program ever made since it's opening.[...] L'arbre des Robinsons (The Swiss Family Tree House) will be totally closed, it's 300 000 leafs will be unsticked, washed and replaced, and completed for the missing ones. Autopia will be reworked and will welcome environmental electric cars (like Hong Kong). All the buildings which didn't have a rehabilitation in the past 5 years will be renovated. The Sleeping Beauty Castle, will be during 2011 behind a tarpaulin (see the tokyo one at the moment) to freshen up: a new tower will be added with an appartment for prestigious guests. The Disneyland Park will welcome2 new E-Tickets (The last was Space Mountain in 1995). Splash Mountain in an new version probably between Indy's roller coaster and Colonel Hati's restautant . The theme won't be Melodie of the South but "Rendez vous of the Disney Adventurers", no the less than 4 classics: Bernard & Bianca, Tarzan, Robin the Hood and The Little Mermaid for the final splash. Timon & Pumbaa's Safari will also be in adventureland. Belonging to the "water coaster" category, it will be not only the first Disney attraction to be based on a DVD bonus but will be a premiere in Europe: a water coaster with inversions ! Splash Mountain and Timon & Pumbaa's Safari aim to put an end to the reccuring reproach that Disneyland Paris didn't proposed enough thrill ride by comparison of it's european concurents.

Walt Disney Studios will lived a new revolution between 2009-2012. EuroDisney SCA is definitely convinced of the need to transform this parc in a self-sufficient site. It's surface will be duplicate. Atrraction facades judged as temporary will have a makeover, beginning by Armageddon and Rock n' Roller Coaster, which will take the appearence and the preshow of it's WDW sister and new elements in the ride. Guests will go throughl Ile de France (Paris' region) at full speed to reach the Zenith (a famous Concert Hall). The parc paths will be entirely thematised with Champs Elysées reproduction for instance. Studio Tram Tour will have a new track, and guests will see whole scenes of Narnia with audio animatronics and live actors like The Great Movie Ride in WDW. Two E Tickets will be built : Soaring over France and Expédition Mont-Blanc (A new Expedition Everest version). The first will be as planned before between Cinémagique and Stitch Live and will invit guests for an aerial shooting above the most beautiful places in France. The second, will be behind the tram tour forest and will brought guest in an extreme shooting in the tallest mountain top of europe. The Walt Disney Studios is going to have after The Tower of Terror a new giant attraction. Toon Studios will recive also new attractions with two dark-rides, one new themed on Ratatouille and the other a replica of anaheim themed on Monster and Co. There will be new shops as the new attractions will have it's own. New restaurents are planned, two table service and one counter service .

Disney Village will transform (it has already begun). Studies have showed that the european guests (and I think all the guests) didn't understand the actual thematisation, the decision is to give it a toon-mediaeval appearance, an "adult version of Fantasyland".

A new hotel is planned near the Disney Lake (former Buena Vista Lake) themed on Hollywood's golden age.
    Source in french: http://www.zuzudisney.com/index.htm?...isneyland3.htm
    Last edited by DynastyGo; 04-01-2008 at 11:04 AM.

• Hitchhiker

Re: Eurodisney inverstments 2009 - 2012

Smells like an April Fool..
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Yeah I know we are many to think that but we hope it isn't. Most of the people who said to have seen the DVD are reliable persons but maybe it is...

Keeping my fingers crossed

Haha this isn't true But it's a good joke

• Hitchhiker

Apple and Disney creates iPark

Related to the original topic:

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al040108a.htm
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Talking Re: Eurodisney inverstments 2009 - 2012

"Expedition Mont Blanc in the Walt Disney Studios"

You cannot possibly have a bad day when you read such things...

Enters directly to my All Time Favorites Disney Parks Jokes.

No kidding, number one !

Happy April Fools Day folks

• On A Disney World Tour...

Disneytheque reported it on 03/30 which means ZuzuDisney added the entry even earlier. Beside if it's an April's Fool, then that's the less fun i've ever read, everything is so plausible and aligned to Disney's present strategy. I think it's the truth, I wrote to the Shareholders Club to see what it is, but Zuzu Disney is a site devoted to tracking disney DVD of all sorts, and not giving news or rumors about Disney parks, so that would be the worst site to place an April's Fool.

i think it's the truth, the very simple not super duper truth. We'll see
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    Beside if it's an April's Fool, then that's the less fun i've ever read, everything is so plausible and aligned to Disney's present strategy.
    Plausible? Did you not read the part about Timon and Pumba's inverting water coaster?!

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAvenger View Post
    Plausible? Did you not read the part about Timon and Pumba's inverting water coaster?!
    Alright alright, April Fool it is, admited by the trickers and by the Shareholders Club who had nothing to do with it of course.

I'm juste used to Al Lutz's April Fool and other where some subtile elements tell you it is an April's Fool. Here it just looked like some guys plausible fantasy turned into an April's Fool.

Anyway, i was tricked ! now i'm disapointed

Tata !
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Senior Minion

In was interested by the Splash Mountain that would incorporate Bernard and Bianca, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid and Robin the Wood.

I saw a film called Robin the Wood once...

Although it certainly was not distributed through the Walt Disney Company!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    In was interested by the Splash Mountain that would incorporate Bernard and Bianca, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid and Robin the Wood.

I saw a film called Robin the Wood once...

Although it certainly was not distributed through the Walt Disney Company!

ROFL sorry for the mistake, in french it is "Robin des bois" = "Robin of the Wood"...