Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Best things to see in a short amount of time?

I am going to London to visit a friend for 2 weeks and I think I have convinced her to head to DLP for a day and a half. She went once before and hated it but loves Disney so she's hesitant. We would arrive late Friday night, go into the park all day Sat and part of Sunday and then take the train back to London Sun evening.

I don't need to spend a ton on a hotel since we'll only be there 2 nights but I do need to experience everything worthwhile there!

We will most likely arrive Friday night May 16 and leave Sunday May 18. It has to be a weekend because she just started a new M - F job this week.

Any suggestions?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Best things to see in a short amount of time?

Hi SorcererMickey I'm viewing you as someone who visits WDW on a regular basis, so with that in mind here is what I recomend. If your staying at a Disney Hotel your theme park tickets will be included in the price, if you decide to stay off site you will want to buy your tickets and I recomend a 2 day 2-park hopper ticket, which will give you full access to both parks through out your stay. Also if your going to stay off site please remember to stay somewhere that is within easy access to the Resort. If you plan to stay at a Disney Hotel try and book as soon as possible because the Resort is incredibly busy this year due to the Celebration Continues, and the hotels are normally booked up well in advance.

If you insist on seeing everything during your stay here would be my full highlights, taking also into account you probarely don't want to repeat attractions that are too similar to that found in WDW.

Walt Disney Studios:

Tower of Terror
    Cinemagique
    Rock N Roller Coaster
    Armageddon
    Stitch Live
    Animagique
    Crush Coaster

Disneyland Park:

Pirates of the Carribean
    Indiana Jones Coaster
    Adventure Isle
    Phantom Manor
    Riverboat
    Tarzan Show
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Disneyland Railway
    Lion King Show
    Space Mountain
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit
    Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Casey Jr Train
    Small World
    Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade.

Also if you fancy atleast one table service meal during your trip head on over to Walt's or the Silver Spur Steakhouse. Hope this helps and anymore questions feel free to reply.

Thanks. I doubt we'll stay at a Disney Hotel. I also don't go to WDW any more. I visit DL since my best friend there and TDR more often.

I will look into the above list although I won't go on TOT. Cast preview at WDW was more than enough for me. They didn't have the 'bugs' out and I was less than thrilled. Small World is the worst attraction ever created in my opinion and anything featuring Stitch can be skipped.

With that in mind I'll check out the DLP site again. Thanks!

I also hate It's a Small World..

• is satisfactual.

I honestly don't get what it is about that ride that generates such hatred, haha. It really brings out the worst in people. Me, I like the air conditioning.

The same song over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over and there no escape it seems to go on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Not to mention it gets stuck in your head for hours afters...

I was stuck inside Small World for over an hour once. I hear one note of that music and twitch.

Anyway, back on topic. Phantom Manor, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Indy, Crush's Coaster. Any other must see attractions? We have one day (Sat) at the MK and a few hours on Sun for the Studios. All 3 of us are highly claustrophobic so anything too enclosed won't work.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I was stuck inside Small World for over an hour once.
    Yeah, that'll do it.

Anyway, back on topic. Phantom Manor, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Indy, Crush's Coaster. Any other must see attractions? We have one day (Sat) at the MK and a few hours on Sun for the Studios. All 3 of us are highly claustrophobic so anything too enclosed won't work.
    Pirates; DLP's version is really worth it. You might as well skip the Indy coaster (dullsville). And just make sure you tour the gallery and dungeon of the castle, if even for a minute.

• Pirate - G'har!

Sadly, unless there's been any change, Phantom Manor may disappoint, last time I had a ride it was in bad way, I mean, I was actually shocked (the constant stopping didn't help either but it certainly wasn't the only problem). I rather like Indy, and I'd probably prefer to ride that than PM in its current state, but I guess if you've never been on it before then it's more worth it than Indy (ideally do both!). Just know that if nothing's changed, it's in a bad way. Crikey I'm a bit miserable since I've come back aren't I? hehe

I was last there in December and enjoyed Phantom Manor, the graveyard scene is my favorite of the Haunted Mansions.

If you are not going to try ToT then you may want to skip the Studios altogether (except maybe sneak in right at the opening and try Crush's Coaster).

I thought that DLP's Small World was the best Small World of those I have tried (DL, WDW, and DLP), it really seemed brighter and more entertaining.

Other than that the grounds at DLP are amazing in and of themselves. With only a day and a half it might be hard to stop and just look around but it will certainly be worth it!
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Senior Minion

While at WDS, check out Cinemagique.

If you hate something like iasw because of the infuriatingly catchy song, skip Animagique for that reason alone.

Also, nobody has yet mentioned the castle and what lies beneath. DLP's real charm still lies in the details and you could do worse than to spend a couple of hours of your short stay simply wandering around (if you are that sort of person)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    If you hate something like iasw because of the infuriatingly catchy song, skip Animagique for that reason alone.
    La la la la-la-la la..!
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Hi there,

Here are two hotel links who have quite interesting rates if you are looking for the best price.

KYRIAD HOTEL - is a selected hotel and offers a shuttle bus every 15 minutes to the Disney Parks
    http://www.kyriad-disneyland-resort-paris.fr/en/

IBIS MONTEVRAIN - is not on Disney property but lies at the exit of the next RER station 5 min from the Disneyland Stop
    http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/ficheh...he_hotel.shtml

1.5 days is very short for Disneyland Resor Paris. Here is my recommendation:

DISNEYLAND PARK
    I would start at Disneyland Park and your full day which is Saturday. The park is normally busy on a week-end. So try to work with Fast Passes. Get one for BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN once you get into the park. I would do PHANTOM MANOR afterwards. Move over to Adventureland and enjoy PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN. You should watch TARZAN and THE LEGEND OF THE LION KING (pretty busy so try to be there 30 min before the show starts). I would pick up the second Fastpass for SPACE MOUNTAIN. The ONCE UPON A DREAM parade is very pretty and you should try to smell the various fragrances when the floats pass by. I also like PETER PAN (you should get a Fastpass too) and BUZZ LIGHTYEAR. A must see in Paris in the DRAGON under the castle and if you have nice weather I like to discover the caves and bridges of ADVENTURE ISLE.

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
    Try to be there at opening (10h00) and get a Fastpass for TOWER OF TERROR, walk then directly to CRUSH'S COASTER which is a must at the Studios. CINEMAGIQUE is a great movie show and I am a fan of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL too (you have the first part in the morning and the second in the afternoon). Another must see is MOTEURS, ACTION! and afterwards ROCK'N ROLLER COASTER.

I thinkg you should manage to do these attractions and you would have a pretty good impression what Disneyland Resort Paris has to offer. A bit of thrills, worldclass broadway entertainment and themed dark rides.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    Hi there,

Here are two hotel links who have quite interesting rates if you are looking for the best price.

KYRIAD HOTEL - is a selected hotel and offers a shuttle bus every 15 minutes to the Disney Parks
    http://www.kyriad-disneyland-resort-paris.fr/en/

IBIS MONTEVRAIN - is not on Disney property but lies at the exit of the next RER station 5 min from the Disneyland Stop
    http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/ficheh...he_hotel.shtml

1.5 days is very short for Disneyland Resor Paris. Here is my recommendation:

DISNEYLAND PARK
    I would start at Disneyland Park and your full day which is Saturday. The park is normally busy on a week-end. So try to work with Fast Passes. Get one for BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN once you get into the park. I would do PHANTOM MANOR afterwards. Move over to Adventureland and enjoy PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN. You should watch TARZAN and THE LEGEND OF THE LION KING (pretty busy so try to be there 30 min before the show starts). I would pick up the second Fastpass for SPACE MOUNTAIN. The ONCE UPON A DREAM parade is very pretty and you should try to smell the various fragrances when the floats pass by. I also like PETER PAN (you should get a Fastpass too) and BUZZ LIGHTYEAR. A must see in Paris in the DRAGON under the castle and if you have nice weather I like to discover the caves and bridges of ADVENTURE ISLE.

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
    Try to be there at opening (10h00) and get a Fastpass for TOWER OF TERROR, walk then directly to CRUSH'S COASTER which is a must at the Studios. CINEMAGIQUE is a great movie show and I am a fan of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL too (you have the first part in the morning and the second in the afternoon). Another must see is MOTEURS, ACTION! and afterwards ROCK'N ROLLER COASTER.

I thinkg you should manage to do these attractions and you would have a pretty good impression what Disneyland Resort Paris has to offer. A bit of thrills, worldclass broadway entertainment and themed dark rides.
    I was with you completely - until you mentioned HSM!

The attractions that are DLP-centric or different enough for you to visit are: -
    BTM, SM, PM, POTC (if you hate the movie tie-in versions now seen everywhere else!), Tarzan Encounter, Legend of the Lion King, Adventure Isle, Castle, Nautilus and Alice's Labyrinth (if you like walk-throughs), the Parade

And at WDS: -
    Crush, Cinemagique, ToT, Animagique (maybe to childish for your age group but great fun), RnRC

(The stunt show is boring anyway, and is three times as boring when the shpiel is done in three different languages.)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Thank you so much everyone!

As a former WDW CM I can most likely figure out what to do and what not to do! We'll cut out the Tarzan & Lion King show.
    I definitely want to see the dragon and the castle, Peter Pan (my favorite in any park), Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Crush's Coaster, Phantom Manor, Pirates. I will be with friends who have never been to WDW so I will make them ride Rock n Roller Coaster. Adventure Island is most likely out since we are all claustrophobic. (We're all dreading the EuroStar under the Channel)

We found a hotel that's 2 stops away by train. It was inexpensive, had 2 beds and is completely smoke free. (Good for the person with asthma and me who is smoke free for 10 months now)

I am extremely excited to head out there and wish we had more time. We're taking the train after one friend gets off work Fri night and have to return Sunday with enough time for her to sleep for work Monday.

Again, thank you so much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast