Talking Welsh Festival At Disneyland Paris - HELP!?

Hey guys,

Firstly I'm new here so 'hello!'

I am currently a student at university studying 'Journalism, Film and Media'.

At the moment I am working on a piece of coursework - a magazine feature about the recent Welsh Festival that was held at the Disneyland Paris park.

I am looking for anyone who was involved in the festival, or visited or anyone that just has a general opinion about it to provide me with a quote for my feature.

It is only for a piece of coursework and will not be published but would be a MASSIVE help!

Please get in touch with me via PM if you feel u could help. Thank u

Gal
    Last edited by Gal; 04-23-2008 at 03:33 PM.

• Minion

Re: Welsh Festival At Disneyland Paris

ORDDU: Hmmm....this is the first my sisters and I had even heard about this Welsh Festival--and we're all Welsh witches!!!

ORWEN: We sure are! I mean, Lloyd Alexander--who wrote THE BLACK CAULDRON--based it on Welsh mythology! So, I'm surpised nobody got in touch with us to let us know about this! I certainly would have written the date down in my diary or on my calendar, otherwise!

ORGOCH: Got a Blackberry?

So, you did not see or hear any publicity about this event?

• Rock The World

Welcome to the boards, Gal. (Or "Croeso", if you're studying in Wales.)

I don't think the St. David's Day festival got particularly wide publicity outside Wales itself. Even here in Cardiff, the majority of people I spoke to hadn't heard about it, although the local papers (particularly the Western Mail and South Wales Argus) ran very, very small features on it. (The Western Mail devoted an entire inch on page 6 to the news.)

Perhaps if you could tell us which aspects of the festival you want to tackle, we could give you some more specific information.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Thank you very much for replying.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew the names of any of the acts that performed at the festival - the choirs, bands, storytellers? I have already contacted the Gwalia choir, who have been a great help.

I wanted to know if anyone visited the park whilst the Welsh Festival was on. If so, what they thought of the festival in general? What/who was their favourite part of the festival?

I also wanted to know if most people had heard about the Welsh festival in great detail or whether you don't think it was very well publicised?

Thanks for your help!

• is satisfactual.

Thanks for the reply...had a look at the the thread already and Malin has been very helpful

• Minion

ORDDU: No, Gal, duckling--nobody informed us about this event and we have our local Town Crier at the Market Place, outside our local Wal-Morva, to blame. Had we known about all this, we just might have sanded down our broom stick handles in preparation for the long flight to Disneyland Paris. Oh, well...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm shocked you didn't see my report on the St David's Day event at DLRP Witches, and its a yearly event so you can always visit next year

So seeing that St Georges Day has just passed, why doesn't the Resort want to Celebrate this event too?

• Minion

ORWEN: I'm shocked, too, Malin! We must have been out flying around some place at the time. Or maybe I was too busy trying to break up the latest fight between Orddu and a certain nasty old biddy. But we really would like to be there some time for the Welsh festival--especially if they do something to honor The Black Cauldron.

• Banned User

Yes, witches, I think you were in CA visiting a real DL park and resort at the time.