• Rock The World

Future attractions programme

I've just received a copy of the attractions operation schedule for the coming year, and it makes for interesting (and worrying) reading.
    Main Street Vehicles will be closing in October and will not re-open until February. They will then close again in the first week of July and will remain closed throughout the summer season, finally opening again on the 3rd of September. No reason has been given for this closure, and rumours are already running rampant backstage!
    Similarly, the Paddle Steamers in Frontierland are scheduled to remain out of action until next July. I originally thought this might have had something to do with the recent fire on the Molly Brown, but according to the programme they will close down again on the 3rd of September. Are the Mark Twain and the Molly Brown doomed to become seasonal attractions? coupe, coupe!
    There is a piece of good news however - when Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril goes down for its annual rehab in May, it will be for three whole weeks! I've no idea what they're planning to do, but it's obviously going to be quite extensive.
    Could it be a Raging Spirits style overlay? This idea isn't as fanciful as it sounds - 2006 is the year of Adventureland's big refurbishment, and the Imagineers have put together some interesting projects. The cave systems on Adventure Isle were slated to get a "Cursed Pirates" overlay, based on the POTC movie. The last I heard (about three months ago), this idea still seemed to be going ahead. A secondary project was the addition of fire and water effects to the Indy ride. Peter Bell has an article about them on Jim Hill's website. It's worth checking out.
    While I would love to see some of Raging Spirits's effects being added to my dear old Temple, I doubt very much that we can expect much. After all, would EuroDisney SCA really splash out on a glossy rehab for Indy while they don't seem to have enough money to keep Main Street Vehicles running all year?

Thumbs up Re: Future attractions programme

First of all, thank you for posting this Soundtracker

There is a piece of good news however - when Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril goes down for its annual rehab in May, it will be for three whole weeks! I've no idea what they're planning to do, but it's obviously going to be quite extensive.
    Could it be a Raging Spirits style overlay?
    Wow, this could be some big news. Offcourse a Raging Spirits style overlay is not possible as it is an Indiana Jones-ride and not a ....(I forgot the theme of Raging Spirits ) -ride. And I don't think the theming is THAT much better. I hope that rumoured in-ride Raging Spirit effects that where not present at the final attraction will appear at (the new?) Indy-ride. And hereby I mean the water and fire effects you will experience while riding it .
    But offcourse that's never going to happen

While I would love to see some of Raging Spirits's effects being added to my dear old Temple, I doubt very much that we can expect much. After all, would EuroDisney SCA really splash out on a glossy rehab for Indy while they don't seem to have enough money to keep Main Street Vehicles running all year?
    Well, I think that more people will come to DLRP if they can advertise with Tempil of Peril: Mission 2 , then if they advertise with Main Street Vehicles STILL OPEN!. But offcourse I get your point. They are defenitely on a tight budget...
    - Milo

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Future attractions programme

Anyone be able to print out the full list here please ?

• Diamond In The Rough

What's the betting that Indy is closed in order to turn it round again? (Please don't!)
    And are the Main St vehicles running in Oct and then closing, or closed all Oct?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Rock The World

Don't worry Pea Jay - it's highly unlikely that Indy will ever start running backwards again. It's popularity plummeted during the "Backwards" years, but since it started running forwards again, queue times have been creeping upwards steadily.
    And the Main Street Vehicles will be runing until October 30th, upon which date they will be closed.
    Malin - I've got the full operational schedule, but it's saved as an Excel file. I'll see if I can type it up for you though.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thanks Im thinking of heading to DLRP in November and it sure does suck when you decide to book everything up and then you find out your favourite attraction is closed for refurb.

• Rock The World

OK, here's the operational schedule for those attraction that will be opening and closing at strange times this year.

Riverboats: Closed until July 1st 2006. They will close again on Sunday September 3rd.

Main Street Vehicles: Closing on Sunday October 30th 2005. Reopening on Sunday February 19th, 2006. Closing again on Sunday July 2nd 2006 and reopening on Sunday September 3rd 2006.

Temple of Peril: Closing on Monday May 8th and reopening on Sat May 27th.

Please note that all these dates are provisional and subject to change!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    Could it be a Raging Spirits style overlay?
    I don't think that 3 week would be enough to do a overlay like this. If you had said 3 months ... maybe... It sounds more like some track repair and car rebuild.