Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Disneyland PARIS Resort

Ok, I've been away so this may be old news, but on the ToT adverts on telly, the resort is clearly advertised as:

DISNEYLAND PARIS resort

with the capital bit on big letters Walt Disney font and a small resort. I checked the site, no re-branding there, is this just some slip up by a misinformed advertising trainee or some kind of grand scheme to make 'Disneyland Paris' the recognizable name (which it kind of is now along with Euro Disney hehe). Anyone?

• is satisfactual.

Re: Disneyland PARIS Resort

First of all, welcome back Fizzog! Hope you spent the past four months well, having a life and all that.

So about this logo... (This was discussed here, for anyone who's interested in the mostly ill-informed ramblings of anally retentive graphic design nuts including yours truly.) It appears that this is merely a marketing gimmick with the intention of making sure Britain understands that this Tower of Terror is to be found in Paris and not at WDW. It's probably not a new logo, and it is not to be found anywhere outside the UK.

• Senior Minion

I think that this is quite a sensible attitude to the naming of the resort. After all, between the three words 'Disneyland', 'resort' and 'Paris', surely 'resort' is the least important.

Saying that, I suspect that there are still a lot of people out there that think of Disneyland as a theme park and not a resort - but in those cases the inclusion of the word resort in the title probably doesn't make much difference anyway.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Probably a good plan actually, now that all the Disney park ads END THE SAME FREAKIN' WAY! The WDW castle on a Paris ad, gimme a break! It's a shame they have to differentiate one from the other when that should be clear anyway, but DLRP has never really had a proper identity like WDW.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Seems odd that this would be the attraction to try and drive in the more Walt Disney World preferring British population. Most people prefer the Florida version over the California version that is now also present outside Paris. It could be that this leaner version of the attraction could unintentionally add another reason to prefer Walt Disney World over Disneyland Resort Paris.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Probably a good plan actually, now that all the Disney park ads END THE SAME FREAKIN' WAY! The WDW castle on a Paris ad, gimme a break! It's a shame they have to differentiate one from the other when that should be clear anyway, but DLRP has never really had a proper identity like WDW.
    If you think that's bad, they use the WDW castle on the DISNEYLAND ads. DISNEYLAND is the ORIGINAL! This whole Disney Parks thing is enough to make me puke sometimes!!

• Banned User

I disagree with the "Disney Parks" branding as well and you all must understand that those creating these promotional materials may not be involved or even knowledgeable about Disney (and the parks) as we really are. Of course, I blame Disney for not trying to correct these mistakes with promotional efforts.

BTW... just went to Disneyland Resort Paris this past Sunday... and both parks were jammed packed. TOT had an 1 hr wait with all FPs gone for the day.. Likewise all other attractions seem to have on average a 45 min wait. I was glad to see some areas of the park that I have become accustomed to seeing closed, now opened for business.. like the Hakuna Matata and Mexican restaurant opened, Casey Train and Storybook boats, and even some of the snack counters were opened as well... like the one at the old Mill. Etc. Fantasyland looked great with those cherry blossom like flower trees creating a canopy above the walkways...
    Of course... some problems still persist... like the two young girls having a cigarette while sitting on the lawn in the Hub, pass the fence. Why do guests in Europe feel the need to jump over fences and do that? Furthermore, why are the CMs at DLP not telling guests to refrain from doing such unruly things???

• Pirate - G'har!

This 15th thing has been super for DLRP because it's given its own identity a bit, afterwards if they just show the WDW castle and have the DISNEYLAND resort paris logo people will just be confused!

• is satisfactual.

To play devil's advocate for a second, that castle in the end graphic is actually not the WDW castle; it's that amalgam thing. If you look at the left turret, it's that of DLP's castle.

And I don't think Joe Shmoe knows which castle belongs to which park anyway... Even 1950s Disneyland saw the most random castles representing Sleeping Beauty Castle in its ads and promotional material.

• Pirate - G'har!

So many people think that WDW is not only the original but is called 'Disneyland' as well. I think this Disney Parks business has only made it even more confusing, whereas they should have worked on distinct and different approaches for each resort. Mind you, I'm sure there's been loads of discussion about this before.

• Senior Minion

I too would like to play devil's avacado by saying that I don't really see the problem with using the same castle in advertising all of the parks. After all, McDonalds use a generic restaurant when advertising their wares - what's the difference?
    I doubt anyone will turn up at DLP after been sold on the advert and say 'Hey! That's not the castle I saw on telly!'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

But surely it is incomparable to McDonald's because what's offered at McDonald's is the same everywhere, unlike Disneyland. The problem is it's as if they're trying to make them all the same!

• Senior Minion

The same as the commercials and promotional DVDs that show ride footage - it's the same footage for the RnRC for DLP and WDW. As is POTC, iasw etc.
    But this is business! From the way you are talking, you would think that Disney is a multi billion dollar company or something!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

Which of course is ridiculous! hehe.

• Senior Minion

BTW Fizzy, on an unrelated note - I have literally only just removed the reference to you from my signature (likening you and me to Statler and Waldorf) after I gave up hope that you would ever return to us!
    I am sincerely glad to see you back and back on form.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast