• is satisfactual.

Best place to grab a quick bite?

When I'm at DLP and not in a mood for a fussy and expensive meal, I can never think of anyplace good. And because of horrendous experience with DLP fast food, I end up at McDonald's in a futile attempt at filling up in a minimum amount of time; the next best thing to skipping the meal altogether; the option that combines the convenience of wasting little time and money with the joy of not starving. But that's obviously not ideal. I'm sure many of you will recognize yourselves in this.

What I'm thinking of is something along the lines of DL's White Water Snacks. Something pleasant with nice food that won't cost you an arm and a leg, preferably a self service-type ordeal. Does such a thing exist at DLP? At Disney Village or the hotels, perhaps?

• Minion

Re: Best place to grab a quick bite?

ORGOCH: Ooops! At first gander, I kinda thought this was a subject 'bout vampires so I was gonna' suggest ya meet up with one a my good friends--Angel, Barnabas Collins er Drunkula. My mistake!

• Senior Minion

In my opinion DLP offers only two choices in this department: -
    One extreme.
    And the other.

I always plan one decent lunch or early evening meal and eat junk from breakfast until then.

There are obviously plenty of choices for burgers etc. and the only other place I can think of is the Deli in the Village - if you like bland, obscenely over-priced sandwiches. But with a buffet breakfast at the hotel combined with a large rucksack - who needs to worry about lunch?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Ooops! At first gander, I kinda thought this was a subject 'bout vampires so I was gonna' suggest ya meet up with one a my good friends--Angel, Barnabas Collins er Drunkula. My mistake!
    Don't worry, I'm sure that advice will be of some importance some day.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    In my opinion DLP offers only two choices in this department: -
    One extreme.
    And the other.

I always plan one decent lunch or early evening meal and eat junk from breakfast until then.

There are obviously plenty of choices for burgers etc. and the only other place I can think of is the Deli in the Village - if you like bland, obscenely over-priced sandwiches. But with a buffet breakfast at the hotel combined with a large rucksack - who needs to worry about lunch?!
    Yes, that's what I was afraid of. The deli used to be good as a sit down restaurant, but I read it's been downgraded to selling pre-packaged sandwiches that cost five times what would be reasonable in even the most lenient of scenarios -- mayonnaise shortages, ruined wheat crops, turkey flu. I guess it's true then.

And yes, there's always breakfast roll theft. But sometimes you've just had enough of those, and of greasy burgers and fried food, and of plastic-wrapped Nestle products that won't expire until the year 2066, and you just want a Caesar salad or similar -- but not one involving a "wine list" or a waiter.

I was wondering if maybe the Santa Fe or Hotel Cheyenne has a food court? Or if the Cafe des Cascadeurs is any good (on the rare occasion that it's open)? Or maybe there's a hidden gem among the counter service places in the Disneyland Park?

Ah well, at least we can look forward to the Earl of Sandwich.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

This is why we almost always do table service. That said, my top faves if counter service (there is not such thing as quick service at DLP):

The Take Out Window at Annette's
    Fuente Del Oro in Adventureland

That's it. Sorry. The hotels are either table service or buffets. The Santa Fe and Cheyenne used to be ok food courts, but not they have made them all you can eat buffets.

I used to love the Deli, but again they took a good menu and turned it into overpriced Sandwiches you could get anywhere.

So, the baloo clan simply have a good breakfast, and then eat table service at about 3pm and that is our dining habit at DLP.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• is satisfactual.

What does DLP have against food courts then? Not lucrative enough?

• Senior Minion

The last time I used the place I found Rendevouz Des Stars (sp?) an okay counter service option.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    The last time I used the place I found Rendevouz Des Stars (sp?) an okay counter service option.
    Rendez-vous des Stars has now become an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant, so it's no longer an option for a quick bite...

Someone on another forum said that you can find cheap but decent sandwiches etc. from the train station. Might be worth a try, although that option certainly takes you away from all the Disney magic for a moment.
    Last edited by Joonas; 06-07-2008 at 03:31 AM.

• Senior Minion

Welcome to MiceChat Joonas - and thanks for the info.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011