Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• is satisfactual.

Re: Mystery building planned for the Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Just browse this topic: disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/
    Yes, a bit rusty on the old français, haha. Thanks.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-17-2008 at 02:29 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hahaha, it's not really an English board is it?

• Banned User

Could they please add something that isn't PIXAR? When I first heard that the Toon Studio attractions were Cars and Nemo (Which don't fit the "Toony" theme IMO), I was rather confused how it could blend with Aladdin, so maybe add another ride based on Beauty and The Beast or another relatively recent traditionally-animated film to the studio to balance it out. Also, a counter-service dining area is needed in the area too. I bet they can fit one somewhere if it's just a walkup with a small plaza for chairs and tables.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That French blog talked about it possibly being the "LITTLE MERMAID" attraction that Imagineering is developing for DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That French blog talked about it possibly being the "LITTLE MERMAID" attraction that Imagineering is developing for DCA.
    They still have land in first park, adjacent to discoveryland, where a LM attraction was supposed to have been built . Of course that version of the ride was about 4 minutes long, whereas the DCA version is something like 10 minutes in length. I think the original park would be a better location for the ride.
    Down with the Hat

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Is Studios vs. DLP is anything like the DCA vs. DL arguments we have here, the winning argument has been: DCA needs it more than DL, DL is great as it is, DCA needs the Disney magic more, Finally: it should go in DCA.

Have you guys had that argument over here?

• Banned User

Little Mermaid and Beauty & Beast attractions were being planned for DLP's Fantasyland before the park opened but since the park's attandance bombed so badly the first 10 years...many projects got cut off entirely.

• Just this guy......

I don't know what is going into the location, but the "LITTLE MERMAID" attraction sounds like too much wishful thinking.

• Senior Minion

In all honesty does anyone really think that a new attraction is planned so soon in WDS after ToT and Toon Studios?

This thread reminds me of the excitment we all experienced when Critter Corale got fenced off... There was talk of Splash Mountain and we got a photo spot!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    In all honesty does anyone really think that a new attraction is planned so soon in WDS after ToT and Toon Studios?

This thread reminds me of the excitment we all experienced when Critter Corale got fenced off... There was talk of Splash Mountain and we got a photo spot!
    Well yes, but there's the set of French know-it-alls who, as they've proved time after time, actually know it all.

But a new ride? Well, they haven't built much else at the park, so there's a track record. And whatever they're planning on, it's going to be at least two storeys high (see balloons). That we know. Now we can the process of projecting our wishes onto it and ending up disappointed.

• No honestly it is me

I still think it's going to be a Ratatouille themed restaurant, although if it turns out to be a ride as well/instead I'd be quite happy!

I still can't understand why they created Toon Studio. I would have kept animation courtyard (although with a big spruce up) and then make the new bit Pixar Place. Like another poster said above the pixar attractions don't really fit with toon town.

• Rock The World

There's one vital element to this proposed expansion that I think we've been overlooking to some extent. Whatever is being built behind Art Of Animation is going to force a change of the Studio Tram Tour route. (The new building will project outwards onto the current path of the ride, right alongside the current loading station.)

With the route altered, could we finally be seeing the arrival of the long-promised enhancements for the Tram Tour? It probably wouldn't be anything major, but some sort of water effects pool, with a section of WW2 battleship alongside, has long been rumoured.

Plus, with the loading station moved to one side (a necessary side effect of the new building), the way is clear to extend the park into all that empty space at the rear. These could be the first small steps towards something more significant.

Perhaps coincidentally (and perhaps not), www.wdsfans.com is now reporting rumours (as yet unfounded) of a San Francisco street set expansion. I'm dubious, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    There's one vital element to this proposed expansion that I think we've been overlooking to some extent. Whatever is being built behind Art Of Animation is going to force a change of the Studio Tram Tour route. (The new building will project outwards onto the current path of the ride, right alongside the current loading station.)

With the route altered, could we finally be seeing the arrival of the long-promised enhancements for the Tram Tour? It probably wouldn't be anything major, but some sort of water effects pool, with a section of WW2 battleship alongside, has long been rumoured.

Plus, with the loading station moved to one side (a necessary side effect of the new building), the way is clear to extend the park into all that empty space at the rear. These could be the first small steps towards something more significant.

Perhaps coincidentally (and perhaps not), www.wdsfans.com is now reporting rumours (as yet unfounded) of a San Francisco street set expansion. I'm dubious, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
    What we know (pretty much):
    - According to someone reliable (I forget) on Disney Central Plaza, the Tram Tour is indeed scheduled to be rerouted during the construction of this building.
    - A scale model depicting long term development plans for the park apparently showed this building stuck to the costume building. The only thing that leaves me wondering is why this scale model wouldn't also have provided the answers to a whole bunch of other questions, but oh well.
    - La Rouquine has confirmed that the backdrops are indeed designed to be temporary and will one day make way for an extension of Hollywood Boulevard. We'd all sort of figured that one out, but it's nice to hear it confirmed.

The questions are, when? Will they do this all at once? How will the Tram Tour cross the boulevard (I believe one sketch depicted an overpass, but then that also included the ToT at the end of it)? Where will the tram tour loading station go, and most importantly, what will go into that darn building?

• Hitchhiker

I got this feeling that we get the Golden Gate bridge from DCA..

And yes, this San Francisco thing is heard from an imagineer. Now if WDSP has Hollywood and gets San Francisco.. does Soarin' over California sound bad idea? Any other leftovers from DCA?
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    I got this feeling that we get the Golden Gate bridge from DCA..

And yes, this San Francisco thing is heard from an imagineer. Now if there's Hollywood and San Francisco.. does Soarin' over California sound bad idea? Any other leftovers from DCA?
    Someone said that exact same thing on the MagicForum or whatever it's called... But you know that thing is getting the axe, right? Because, like most of the park, people think it's not Disney quality showmanship. The same goes for the sets in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, which will be replaced by a more traditional, immersive Disney environment a la Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset at the DHS.

Is the bar really this low in Paris? Even after the ToT? It's a depressing thought that the WDS would be striving to be the park DCA wants to evolve out of as quickly as possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast