Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hitchhiker

Re: Mystery building planned for the Studios

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    But you know that thing is getting the axe, right?
    If it's going to get the axe, it's free? And that suits Euro Disney budget (none*).

* EDL s.c.a. has 2 billion dept. Before it's paid there's not much for budget.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    If it's going to get the axe, it's free? And that suits Euro Disney budget (none*).

* EDL s.c.a. has € 2 billion dept. Before it's paid there's not much for budget.
    Well, I can't comment on the financial situation because I can't wrap my mind around it (ToTs get built, hotels are fully booked, no profits are made... I don't know what's going on). But regardless of funding, ED's Imagineering department has a very... Wild track record, with big hits and excruciating misses, hence my anxiety I suppose. Money isn't always the issue: it couldn't cost much more to slap some tasteful deco themeing onto an overpass (or better yet: build a tunnel) than it would to have that tacky bridge shipped over from DCA. In a similar fashion, it is costing Disney millions more to fix DCA than it would have had they built a proper park to begin with.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I got this feeling that we get the Golden Gate bridge from DCA..

And yes, this San Francisco thing is heard from an imagineer. Now if WDSP has Hollywood and gets San Francisco.. does Soarin' over California sound bad idea? Any other leftovers from DCA?
    Congratulations you're getting GOLDEN DREAMS aka "REVES D'OR" starring WHOOPI GOLDBERG

• Banned User

Blog Entries

...Is the bar really this low in Paris? Even after the ToT? It's a depressing thought that the WDS would be striving to be the park DCA wants to evolve out of as quickly as possible.

You sound almost as depressive as these witches I know that complain about Hong Kong!

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Well, I can't comment on the financial situation because I can't wrap my mind around it (ToTs get built, hotels are fully booked, no profits are made... I don't know what's going on). But regardless of funding, ED's Imagineering department has a very... Wild track record, with big hits and excruciating misses, hence my anxiety I suppose. ... But we'll just have to wait and see.
    We found that Tower of Terror wasn't enough, and the park needed 1.2 billion more. Maybe WDS really needs un vergule deux millions de euros!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    We found that Tower of Terror wasn't enough, and the park needed 1.2 billion more. Maybe WDS really needs un vergule deux millions de euros!
    Vergule? A comma? Are you insinuating that one day, this whole DCA thing will be viewed as just a comma?

• is satisfactual.

Ooh, update. It appears that construction on a "moderate ride in the league of Snow White and Pinocchio" will soon commence, as heard from yet another mysterious connection at Imagineering. So I suppose we can expect to take a spin around a blacklit Gusteau's next year.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Vergule? A comma? Are you insinuating that one day, this whole DCA thing will be viewed as just a comma?
    Americans write it: $1.2 billion

The French write: 1,2 billion euros

So un vergule deux is one point two.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Ooh, update. It appears that construction on a "moderate ride in the league of Snow White and Pinocchio" will soon commence, as heard from yet another mysterious connection at Imagineering. So I suppose we can expect to take a spin around a blacklit Gusteau's next year.
    Unless it's going to be The Little Mermaid. What's your source for thinking it has to be Gusteau's / Ratatouille themed?

• Hitchhiker

Well, I can't comment on the financial situation because I can't wrap my mind around it (ToTs get built, hotels are fully booked, no profits are made... I don't know what's going on).
    Past investments EDL s.c.a. has made where funded by share issue. Ongoing year EDL is commited to pay some 50 million of it's debt + interests. It is not easy to find money for new attractions. Obviously something is happening and I belive TWDC is the backup.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• is satisfactual.

Americans write it: $1.2 billion

The French write: 1,2 billion euros

So un vergule deux is one point two.
    Ah bien sur, le milliard de $! I'd forgotten that there was an extra $1mn. attached to that billion --I believe it was 1, at least. When you're as poor as I am, that shouldn't happen.

Unless it's going to be The Little Mermaid. What's your source for thinking it has to be Gusteau's / Ratatouille themed?
    It's just a very persistent rumor. Seems likely, too: the film did well in Europe, and well, we all know how much Disney loves to build Pixar rides. I can't find that Little Mermaid blog post you mentioned, but perhaps we have another contestant then.

Past investments EDL s.c.a. has made where funded by share issue. Ongoing year EDL is commited to pay some 50 million of it's debt + interests. It is not easy to find money for new attractions. Obviously something is happening and I belive TWDC is the backup.
    Well, that should be interesting. If I remember correctly, TWC offered a substantial loan (150mn?) to ED a while ago, but they announced that they wouldn't be touching it any time soon. Would this be a follow up to that?

• No honestly it is me

It's still anyone's guess but I did read somewhere (I think on Disney Central Plaza) that Imagineers where seen with plans of the front of Gastreaus' Restaurant and talking about the sightlines to the TOT.

Wasn't the Little Mermaid Ride which is going into DCA suppost to have been a one off? I know there is talk of it turning up at WDW as well now but it sounds like this might be too elaborate and expensive for WDS. If we ever do get The Little Mermaid I think it needs to go in Fantasyland where it had always been planned for.

This is all very exciting though! I remember reading a post by a self proclaimed 'insider' not so long ago, on another forum, he stated categorically(?) that there would be nothing new in the studios till 2012 and now we have the possibiity of more big changes, I'm guessing that the 15th Anniversary must have been more successful than they had hoped for.

• No honestly it is me

Just found this little article on Toy Story Mania which I think may be news worthy, is this confirmation of a Ratatouille ride?

Link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/25210747

There's no question that Pixar is an increasingly important driver of Disney parks. The last big attraction Disneyland launched was its "Finding Nemo" Submarine ride last year, it's working on a big "Cars" attraction for Disneyland and a "Ratatouille" ride for Euro Disney outside Paris. All these rides further proof of the fact that Disney's acquisition of Pixar was about much more than just a movie studio, it was about building brands to exploit across all its platforms, which is CEO Bob Iger's big strategy.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    Just found this little article on Toy Story Mania which I think may be news worthy, is this confirmation of a Ratatouille ride?

Link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/25210747

There's no question that Pixar is an increasingly important driver of Disney parks. The last big attraction Disneyland launched was its "Finding Nemo" Submarine ride last year, it's working on a big "Cars" attraction for Disneyland and a "Ratatouille" ride for Euro Disney outside Paris. All these rides further proof of the fact that Disney's acquisition of Pixar was about much more than just a movie studio, it was about building brands to exploit across all its platforms, which is CEO Bob Iger's big strategy.
    That article is from two days ago. Wow, this might be the first time MiceChat has the scoop on something DLP-related, haha. Nice find.

• No honestly it is me

LOL thanks,

I have just posted it on another forum as well but I posted it here first! (don't hate me, I've been sick and in bed for days so am sooooo bored now!) It's amazing how you can just stumble across things like this, and it's a fairly respected news source as well.
    Last edited by yesitsme; 06-19-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast