Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Au revoir Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux

Source again: www.wdsfans.com (nice blog)

Au revoir Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux
    Posted by raptor1982 on Friday, June 13 2008

Yep, you read it right! Armageddon Les Effets Speciaux is going! According to our very own source related to the project will Armageddon be replaced by a Narnia related attraction. Although our source did not reveal what the actual attraction will be, it seems that La Roquine on Disney Central Plaza knows more. According to him will Studio 7 be taken over by a Narnia walkthrough, similar to the one found at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. The attraction there shows a making-of video and highlights sets, costumes and props from the movie.
    Our source could share one thing however, an interactive element would be part of the tour.
    Finally! Never really liked this attraction. Don't know if a Narnia walktrough will attract crowds (since the movies aren't that succesful) but its nice that WDS keeps changing (improving?).
    - Milo

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Au revoir Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw View Post
    Source again: www.wdsfans.com (nice blog)

Finally! Never really liked this attraction. Don't know if a Narnia walktrough will attract crowds (since the movies aren't that succesful) but its nice that WDS keeps changing (improving?).
    Well given I love Armageddon, I do not see this as an improvement at all. This is a huge down grade!!!!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Hitchhiker

Armageddon needs badly decent queue area (very cold on winter). Also the pre-show with USAn actor speaking French is just too much to swallow. Otherwise the attraction itself is fine.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw View Post
    Don't know if a Narnia walktrough will attract crowds (since the movies aren't that successful)
    Your kidding right? Narnia isn't the next pirates, but both movies have garnered a respectable sum at the box office. However, Narnia doesn't need another walkthrough. It's gotten enough money and it's universe is so broad that it deserves an E-ticket ride about the caliber of Indy, but using a flume system instead.

• or CBF

Anybody think that it might be the Narnia 3D show that is planned for the MuppetVision building at DCA?
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Diamond In The Rough

I'd prefer an Armageddon with a radically re-worked pre-show to a simple Narnia walk-though, but the Narnia theme could be put to great use on a dark ride.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• is satisfactual.

Th reason for all of this is (according to the same, reliable source) that Jay Rasulo has stated that he "never cared for" Armageddon or the Tram Tour. This walkthrough would be a temporary fix until money becomes available for an actual new attraction.

I have a feeling that, much like Superstar Limo, this ride hurts the park more than it serves it. The main show room is just okay, but the queue and pre-show are so slow and awful that I'm always afraid they might be burned into people's memories.

• No honestly it is me

I'd rather see Armageddon improved than removed altogether. I can't quite understand the logic in removing an attraction in order to install a new one when you have such a tiny offering of attractions in the first place. Surely it would make more sense to build the Narnia attraction elsewhere?

I'm not sure they should put too much faith in the Narnia franchise anyway, the second film, prince caspian, is performing way below expectations in the USA and I doubt it's worldwide total will be any where near what the first film was.

Armageddon was a proper hollywood blockbuster (although hardly rocket science ) so it could have been a great attraction if they had spent more money in the first place.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    I'd rather see Armageddon improved than removed altogether. I can't quite understand the logic in removing an attraction in order to install a new one when you have such a tiny offering of attractions in the first place. Surely it would make more sense to build the Narnia attraction elsewhere?

I'm not sure they should put too much faith in the Narnia franchise anyway, the second film, prince caspian, is performing way below expectations in the USA and I doubt it's worldwide total will be any where near what the first film was.

Armageddon was a proper hollywood blockbuster (although hardly rocket science ) so it could have been a great attraction if they had spent more money in the first place.
    When Superstar Limo was removed from DCA, overall park ratings went up. A particularly dreadful attraction with a lengthy, even more dreadful queue can ruin a person's day more than its absence could, much like a scene involving Shia LeBoeuf swinging Tarzan-style with Commie-hating CGI monkeys can do more bad than good for a movie.

And Armageddon is, even in my very uncritical family's opinion, a big clunker.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 06-13-2008 at 10:56 AM.

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    When Superstar Limo was removed from DCA, overall park ratings went up. A particularly dreadful attraction with a lengthy, even more dreadful queue can ruin a person's day more than its absence could, much like a scene involving Shia LeBoeuf swinging Tarzan-style with Commie-hating CGI monkeys can do more bad than good for a movie.

And Armageddon is, even in my very uncritical family's opinion, a big clunker.
    Well when you put it like that it makes perfect sense! what was spielberg thinking? still loved it though, even with the CGI monkeys!

• Senior Minion

Armageddon outta here eh?!

I will not weep at it's departure - it's a 'one visit only' in my book. I'm not a great fan of the Narnia franchise either but any changes to WDS are welcomed ones. Armageddon has been there since the start and is dated quite badly (the film is far from a 'classic'). I hope this will also mean that we may get Reign of Fire removed from the Tram Tour and something a little more 'timeless' put in its place.
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 06-14-2008 at 03:01 AM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Coming soon...

What!! oh darn

I liked Armageddon, and that Narnia thing in Florida was the worst thing I actually did in Florida!

The main problem with Armageddon was the queue and the pre-show. I hated waiting in the pen like cattle waiting for those bloody doors to open. As soon as they do everyone pushes through, it's not a nice experience. The pre-show is just a complete waste of time. The actual attraction show was ok, the first time I did it I thought it was brilliant. I don't think it ever had a longer lasting appeal though. Once it's done, most people don't have desires to do it again.

It will be interesting to see what the long term replacement is, the space isn't that big so I can't picture anything great going there.

• Banned User

Thank God! I absolute hate this attraction! Narnia isn't much of an improvement though...

Armageddon is a total waste of space. The pre-show is embarrassing and and the main attraction is a sad, very dated show. Glad its going and there seems to be plans to bring something new to the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast