Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• On A Disney World Tour...

Ratatouille DLRP attraction in the Press...

This news is already spreading fast : a CNBC article about Toy Story Midway Mania was spotted quoting a new Ratatouille attraction for DLRP.

[...]There's no question that Pixar is an increasingly important driver of Disney parks. The last big attraction Disneyland launched was its "Finding Nemo" Submarine ride last year, it's working on a big "Cars" attraction for Disneyland and a "Ratatouille" ride for Euro Disney outside Paris. All these rides further proof of the fact that Disney's acquisition of Pixar was about much more than just a movie studio, it was about building brands to exploit across all its platforms, which is CEO Bob Iger's big strategy.[...].

i'm doubting the veracity of the words of a journalist who still calls Disneyland Paris Euro Disney, 13 years after the name change... Maybe they're just taking the rumors for granted.
    Anyway... Now it's in the press...
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• is satisfactual.

Re: Ratatouille DLRP attraction in the Press...

(our friend Yesitsme reported this in the "Mystery Building..." thread.)

As much as we'd like to think so, CNBC has no reputation for following the Disney blogosphere. Unless it involves a corporate merger, they don't hunt for rumors, certainly not about potential future rides at foreign Disney parks. The source of this was obviously Disney. So although we still have no idea when or if this ride will open, we can trust that somewhere, WDI is working on it.

And the "Euro Disney" thing... Well, everyone still talks about Bombay and Burma, don't they? Some things just stick.

• Minion

The bigger question would be what kind of attraction this would be. There was all that talk about a stateside "wild mouse" coaster before Iger said that there would be no Ratatouille attractions in the parks. But WDS already has a wild mouse, so what type of ride would this be? Of course, that's supposing this rumor is in fact true, given Iger's comments...though a Ratatouille-based attraction makes a lot more sense at WDS than at any other Disney park.
    Down with the Hat

• Sock Puppet

Even though i think it would cool to have a Ratatouille ride, but why does WDS have to the Ratatouille ride. Why can't HKDL or TDL have the Ratatouille. I am sure that OLC can make a awesome Ratatouille ride like somewhere around the lines of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    Even though i think it would cool to have a Ratatouille ride, but why does WDS have to the Ratatouille ride. Why can't HKDL or TDL have the Ratatouille. I am sure that OLC can make a awesome Ratatouille ride like somewhere around the lines of Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    I'm sure they will one day, and make Paris' version look like a boardwalk game. But it does fit... The WDS, like DCA and DHS, is slowly turning into Pixarland, not to mention how Ratatouille was a bigger success in Europe than it was anywhere else, and that the film is set in Paris.

• No honestly it is me

Well Ratatouille was by far one of my favourite Pixar films so I hope whatever they do build does justice to the film.

There are so many questions:
    • What type of ride system will it be?
    • Will the ride simply tell the story of the film or will it be a slightly different adventure?
    • Will the ride be filled with fantastic smells?
    • Will we get a fountain outside?
    • Will this be a C-ticket, D-ticket or E-ticket?
    • Will this be a timeless/classic attraction which guests can love whether they have seen the film or not? Something so good that the other Disney parks decide to build clones?
    There has been mention on some other forums that this may be a 20th Anniversary attraction (2012) and that it will be something very special.

I like the idea of it being something special but I'm not sure about it not being built for 4 years!

I think the article from CNBC (which I posted here first as a Micechat exclusive! ) does at least prove that a ride is being considered and if the choice they have for the next big attraction at the studios is Soarin' or a sumptuous Ratatouille ride I hope they opt for the later!

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    The WDS, like DCA and DHS, is slowly turning into Pixarland
    I agree. I'm not sure that will be a bad thing though, it just depends what Pixar attractions they build and where. Personally I wish they would keep Pixar seperate from classic Disney, that's why I don't really like the whole 'Toon Studio' thing.

• Sock Puppet

I mean i think WDS in paris deserves ratatouille, but they already have turtle crush. Maybe they should give HKDL turtle crush because it is closer to Austrailia than Paris.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wait... didn't Robert Iger say that Ratatouille wasn't a "FRANCHISE" and thus won't be made into a ride? I'm pretty sure I read that!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wait... didn't Robert Iger say that Ratatouille wasn't a "FRANCHISE" and thus won't be made into a ride? I'm pretty sure I read that!
    Yes, sir, he did...

One of the decisions you made was to change the approach to managing these big franchises.

That was the result of a belief that these great character franchises were all brands unto themselves. But nobody was really managing those brands, and decisions were being made in a vacuum. So if we determine that "Toy Story" is a real franchise for the company, then "Toy Story" should get made. Now, you still have to have a great story and great execution - and in the absence of that, you shouldn't make it. And not everything has to be a franchise. I was recently asked whether "Ratatouille" was a franchise. I said no: "Ratatouille" is an extremely good animated film and will be a classic unto itself, but it is not a franchise. You are not going to see "Ratatouille" attractions in parks. When you look at "Toy Story," we're making our third film, we're opening two Toy Story Mania attractions at parks this summer, we have a very strong consumer products line, we have a "Toy Story" musical opening on the cruise line, we have a game in development - that's a franchise.
    Link to article: http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/11/news...tune/index.htm

MiceChat Link: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...iew-94543.html
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• is satisfactual.

Well, if that's true, then what about the Ratatouille restaurant at the WDS (which is about to get an interactive Remy animatronic)? Where do they draw the line? Maybe it won't be a "franchise"* in the States, but they're clearly testing the waters in Europe, where, again, the film was a bigger success.

*I'm not entirely sure what this means precisely in this context. Does it involve sequels or merchandise? Or both?
    Last edited by pussnboots; 06-21-2008 at 04:23 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Well, if that's true, then what about the Ratatouille restaurant at the WDS? Which is about to get an interactive Remy animatronic? Maybe it won't be a "franchise"* in the States, but they're clearly testing the waters in Europe, where, again, the film was a bigger success.

*I'm not entirely sure what this means in this context precisely. Does it involve sequels or merchandise? Or both?

Not sure either. But Robonics posted the article in which I was referencing above (thanks!). It's pretty much as it's said. He didn't say U.S. or International but it sounds as if he meant all of them.

I'm not opposed to Ratatouille attractions... it just strikes me as odd since Iger said that it wouldn't happen. I guess he's open to changing his mind but it does make one stop and wonder.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• is satisfactual.

Not sure either. But Robonics posted the article in which I was referencing above (thanks!). It's pretty much as it's said. He didn't say U.S. or International but it sounds as if he meant all of them.

I'm not opposed to Ratatouille attractions... it just strikes me as odd since Iger said that it wouldn't happen. I guess he's open to changing his mind but it does make one stop and wonder.
    Then again, milking Pixar movies for all they're worth does kind of sound like him, does it not.

Then again, milking Pixar movies for all they're worth does kind of sound like him, does it not.

He is sure going to get the most out of that $7.4 billion investment...
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Hola Yola!

I don't really see this as some kind of "never ever" promise from Iger. If word reached him that the toys were selling well in France and DLP management wanted to capitalise on the film's success with a new attraction I don't see him putting his foot down and saying "No! Ratatouille is NOT a franchise!" He's far less centralising than Eisner and so I think he'd be more open to what the European devisions might have to say.

The Toy Story franchise is also really being done to death at the parks. Look at the new "Pixar Studios" are at DHS: giant Toy Story props litter the area while everything else is ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast