Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: DLRP News and Updates pictures June 08 !

Quote Originally Posted by La Rouquine View Post
    Bad news for you : a brand new stage will be built for 2009 and kept "for ever".
    I hope your just being mean because that is extremely bad news! Or maybe it was a joke, I don't read the DLParis board much. Are those lightpost banner things permanent?

• is satisfactual.

I read a similar thing. A CM saw a concept art that showed a very lurid stage -- a stage that will be built to last.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, after all those shows they've thrown there recently. But it is too bad that DLP's Main Street is virtually always invaded by something un-Victorian. They treat the place as a generic canvas for seasonal entertainment. Nice seasonal entertainment (barring Halloween), but still.

The banner poles aren't permanent, though, they can be removed until the next celebration (Christmas, most likely) comes along.

• Pirate - G'har!

Hold on a sec - Disneyland Paris? I may have been away for a while but that's odd isn't it, like the Tower of Terror adverts on TV which proclaimed it was at 'Disneyland Paris' (relatively misleading I feel since it was at WDS and 'Disneyland Paris' is - or was - a single park name). I love the design, I'm jsut curious about the text.

On the subject of the 15th, I think the decorations have outstayed their welcome. As far as I'm concerned, no-one should have a year gap between visits to DLRP and to still see the same - essentially temporary - decorations (let alone the fact that this is an anniversary hence it really should only be a day, but hey ho, it shouldn't be more than a bloomin' year - it'll be the 20th by the time they take it down).

• is satisfactual.

I think we should just accept the fickle naming situation for what it is. Much like the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort are rarely called by their full names outside of official publications, Disneyland Resort Paris won't always be called that either. It is expecting far too much of humanity to call everything by its full, proper name all the time. As long as they don't call it "Euro Disney", we have very little to complain about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12